EVE: Dominion

Aurailious

I am an frequent player of EVE, currently in SAK, and very interested in the expansion pack that is deploying right now forcing me away from it. Adds many new features, most notably a new system for holding systems in null sec space, a built in Chrome browser, and new planet graphics.

I most enjoy the new browser so I can now run EVE all the time, as the only two things I use my computer for are the internet and EVE. I use the Chrome browser already, very fast, and am glad its being integrated into my favorite MMO.

If anyone here wants to advertise a corp to me, I am looking for one. I am picky though, I have an idea of where I want to go, and SAK is filling most of those needs. Right now I plan on mining, with a Drake for missioning every now and than. Perhaps later going into manufacturing and than trading. I'll go into PvP once I have enough capital.

PS: I hope I posted this fine, as it is my first outside the newbie section.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose we are all looking forward to Dominion- though they have changed the specifications on the Rattlesnake, the ship I use for missions, and I believe the ship will now be useless to me, and thus am a bit pissed as well. The new factional battleships sound interesting and I have my eye on the Navy Scorpion.

Update to the eve-mail system is also a welcome change, and fleet changes also sound good.

I presume that SAK is your corp, and if you are happy with it, I suppose there may not be much point in switching.

I am in a corp called J0urney's End. We are based in high sec Caldari space (generally, though players all over). We are basically into trade and industry. Some of our members are dedicated mission runners and we run regular corp level 4 missions. A few members are also into mining. We also have a Wormhole team, with a POS in there.

In case you are interested, you can join our public channel Journeys Start to chat with us, or just message me (eve name: Samroski).

Currently Dominion is being deployed, so let us see how that goes :)

Posting this from within EVE's new browser. The lack of Flash is a dissapointedment, but is nessacary for security reasons. Otherwise a much, much better improvement over the old one. It even feels like it may be fast than Chrome itself, but probably not.

If you're in a spaceholding 0.0 alliance, Dominion is a chore - like being punished by the devs for the emergence that they claim they want to encourage (obviously, that's different from the emergence that has actually occured).

The size of the infrastructure modules that have to be hauled to and around deep 0.0 in a freighter can only be described as sadistic. And of course you also now get the privilege of paying maintenance fees for the space that your alliance has fought for, defended, and developed.

That stuff about needing fewer POSs is a lot of old tripe, btw - out of 50 or so POSs I'm running for my corp exactly 2 were pure sov holders. And without sov in a lot of our outlying systems, fuel bills are rising.

And supercaps... what a trainwreck that turned into.

There are a few nice minor changes though.

Are you still in RZR. Theta? I've seen the ridiculous size of the hubs that means you can only use freighters to haul them to your space. Pretty retarded really. It's like this patch was made for the aholes of Eve, the Triumvirates and the Cry Havocs who like to grief null sec. No DD's to clear out their gate camps so the force jumping in has even more of a disadvantage due to the pre-2008 lag that Dominion has brought to the game.

In other news; time to start training up Amarr Battleships now that I'm pretty much fully Caldari'd out with 8m in missile and 8m in gunnery for a full T2 Rokh (lol, Rokh) fit ....42m SP now! :D

Well, I just resubbed for 3 months, to see what dominion's like. Haven't played much yet, but I just got disconnected while fighting 3 BS rats in my ishkur n 0.1 space... the game is now refusing to connect, so it looks like i may have lost a valuable ship :P

Ah well... I have a domi now for missions, so I should make it up soon enough. I've also joined a startup merc corp based in lowsec - seems to offer a lot more freedom than most merc corps, so should be good fun.

Are you still in RZR. Theta? I've seen the ridiculous size of the hubs that means you can only use freighters to haul them to your space. Pretty retarded really. It's like this patch was made for the aholes of Eve, the Triumvirates and the Cry Havocs who like to grief null sec. No DD's to clear out their gate camps so the force jumping in has even more of a disadvantage due to the pre-2008 lag that Dominion has brought to the game.

In other news; time to start training up Amarr Battleships now that I'm pretty much fully Caldari'd out with 8m in missile and 8m in gunnery for a full T2 Rokh (lol, Rokh) fit ....42m SP now! :D

Yep, still in RZR - and logistics director for my corp.

It's not just the i-hubs that are huge, some of the upgrades also require a freighter, so to install infrastructure in 2 systems took something like 5 roundtrips in a freighter.

So apart from the cost, and the insane logistics required, there is also the glaring absence of alliance based roles and notifications to support the new sov mechanics. Joy.

And yes, I'm sure we'll be seeing more of TRI >.<

(I haven't forgiven supertwinkey for the atrocious mangling of my name when he called me primary in vale in one of their triolation videos yet :verymad: )