EVE: Dominion

Aurailious

Is the game all point and click? i like the consept of it, and downloaded it (for four hours) and made a player, yet i couldent understand it for anything.

Yes, but calling it 'point and click' makes it sound like some kind of 2D adventure game. Its point and click in the sense that you use the mouse to control everything, and theres plenty of menus etc to deal with. There are hotkeys to do a lot of things though.

It is one of the most complicated games you'll ever play (second only to Dwarf Fortress imo), but stick with it, and it's also one of the most rewarding. If you give it another try (I recommend you do), and need help with anything, I'd suggest joining the channel "E-UNI Public" and asking the good people there. Even just keeping half an eye on the conversation teaches you a lot, and its a lot better than the rookie help channel.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who has tried out their Christmas present from CCP yet? My alliance currently has 3 active war decs, so undocking in something fragile is generally not a good idea ^^

Haven't really had time to look into WH exploration, and tbh, I'm not that excited about a different flavour of NPCs to shoot.

Haven't really had time to look into WH exploration, and tbh, I'm not that excited about a different flavour of NPCs to shoot.

Different NPCs that require you to be in a group of 2 or more to kill? Yeah, no thanks, it negates the whole point of EVE PVE in the first place.

(No, I haven't looked in to Wormholes ;))

My main wormhole experience was an impromptu Eve Uni op I organised once - there were about a dozen of us, I was the only player older than a couple of months (and the only one in anything better than a frig - I was in an Ishkur). We found a wormhole in 0.7 space, I spent ages searching for the easiest combat site I could find, and warped us in. Within about 10 seconds, we were all warping out again, I was in half structure, and 5 or 6 people had lost their ships :P

Was fun, but it clearly needs some pretty tough ships (several BCs at least) to do properly.

Wormholes can be a lot of fun- mindless killing type. They have classes. The sites in class I and II can easily be soloed in something like a drake or nighthawk. Class III onwards they get tougher and ideally require fleet support. We have lost ships in Class 4 WHs to sleepers. Most of my personal losses have been to pirates though :)

The sleepers are a little more "intelligent" than other rats. They allegedly select ammo type according to your weakest resistance. The sleeper BSs are pretty tough - I calculated something like 330 scourge heavy missiles per BS a while back while using a drake :)

Other than these sites- there is other stuff in WHs that I am not into myself thus know little about- codebreaking kind of stuff.

Haven't taken my Zephyr into a WH yet. It is a cool looking ship- going to try and get my hands on a few before I take one into risky territory.

Hi Theta,

No idea what happened on the 27th, I was out all day. I did however turn up for the engagement on the 26th in the evening when we first went to Y8R. I loaded grid within about 10 seconds of jump bridging in but it seems noone else did, module lag was minimal. Was only one of a handful that survived and I'm currently holed up in a POS that is set to go out of RF in 12 hours time. Joy! As far as I'm aware there were about 600 of us and about 500 of them and we got absolutely pummeled by lag, so I think we've given up any hope of having a fair, lag-free fight and will no longer be jumping on to grid.

Thing is from what I can gather the NC FC plan was to jump bridge everyone on to the SBU grid. What. The. Hell. We know that doesn't work. Razor, WI and MM all had seperate titan jumps I believe so why the hell didn't they setup 3 different cynos on 3 different grids, get in to the system, then form up as one big blob? It doesn't make sense Theta. Instead Phreeze and Tomcat decided to bridge right on top of the enemy fleet and just got slaughtered. Seriously retarded.

Kugut says the NC is relocating to Pure Blind to help a failcascading alliance that doesn't log in any more "save" Pure Blind. Atleast WI is getting 200+ in fleet for each CTA. Gah.

Yeah, saw that post on Kugutsumen... got to love NC politics. :glare:

Guess if you save a 'dead' alliance's space you get to keep their tech moons...

Tbh, it looks as though the north is doomed, just a question of how long it will take our ever-increasing reds to get to Tenal and Branch.

Did you see CCP's announcement about the lag investigation? The odd thing is... they acknowledge there is a problem, but they don't declare a moratorium on sov war until the problem is solved.

There was a thread on the eve forums not long ago, asking people what song best expressed their eve experience... I think I'd have to go with Joy Division...

Lag.... lag will tear us apart again.

Well, Y8R was saved ^^

I had to log off around 1am so wasn't around for the destruction of the SBU, but the titan conga was a nice sight :happy:

Have you noticed how awful the lag generated by the new fleet mechanics is, btw? Wouldn't be surprised if the new fleet code was responsible for some, if not most, of the Dominion lag problems.

Worst part of the long siege yesterday - I got into system not long after DT - though was coalition TS. You can see why people refer to the NC as 'Northern monkeys' as there certainly seemed to be a fair few knuckledragging apes holding forth on comms. :glare:

It made goon TS appear like the MENSA Etiquette Committee annual general meeting by comparison!