Need help with setting up download.

AlexanderJVelicky

Ok well I have a few people that are going to test my mod so far. But I dont want to put it on some random site because I everytime I would update it, I would have to send my testers each the new link to it. Whereas here you can simply say its a new version of the file, and it tells them that. But I can either making public to all people, or Private so only I can see it. Is there anyway I can make it private, so only like me and 3 other people can see/download from it? This would provide a great place to just throw the newest version so at random if they download it, they have the latest thing, instead of me constantly sending them the links for it.

When you go to add a new file, you are given an option "hide this file from public viewing". Make that box read "yes". Above it there is a box with the description "Give editting access to other members".

In this box you can list members you want to give access to by their ID number. The ID of a user is listed in the link to their profile. For instance:

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showuser=162959

Is my profile link, and 162959 is my user ID number.

You can add multiple users by having a comma (no space) between the numbers of users.

When you go to add a new file, you are given an option "hide this file from public viewing". Make that box read "yes". Above it there is a box with the description "Give editting access to other members".

In this box you can list members you want to give access to by their ID number. The ID of a user is listed in the link to their profile. For instance:

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showuser=162959

Is my profile link, and 162959 is my user ID number.

You can add multiple users by having a comma (no space) between the numbers of users.

Ok but, what does that give them access to edit? Cause I would like if they couldnt edit anything, just access the private file... >.>

Im aware of that, but this is much easier than having to upload to some other site then reupload and send all my testers the new link EVERY time i upload it. here i just update it, and the download the latest file. But im simply curious what things they can edit if I give them the permission? Like can they upload new files? Screenshots? Change the description? Thats all im wondering now.

Ok the people I have given access to my file page are reporting that it still simply says "This author has requested for this file to be blocked from viewing for the time being" when they try to veiw it. It should let them veiw it as if they were me right? Why wouldnt it be letting them do it?

Or, create a google page that simply contains a link to your upload...such as MediaFire.com and then send the link to that google page to all your team members and beta testers.

From there, you can mention which version the file is and when you last updated it as well as what you did to it.

Each time you upload a new file to MediaFire.com, simply update the google page with the new link and information about the new file.

LHammonds