Guest deleted2159825

Agreed upon. I was mostly checking out of morbid curiosity. He's talked in the past about taking long-ish breaks like this, so he's probably either woodshedding hard to get it done or taking a break for some inspiration. Either way, it's a vital part of the creation process and I still have faith.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading through those old musings, I'm starting to think NVBIII will be way closer to the super-dark Lake of Fire draft than we suspect. Every hint we've been given points to a very traumatic experience for the Courier.

I hesitate to post this due to Someguy's absence, but I don't think it reveals anything more than he has already said, so here goes:

Having tested an early build, I'd say that Someguy's statements concerning the mod tend to be very accurate. I won't spoil anything, but the Lake of Fire draft it is not. This is not to say it is not scarring, or traumatic, or dark, it very much is all of those. Especially if you bring a treasured companion! But it's not quite the ocean of grimdark that is the Lake of Fire draft.

And for anyone who wonders why their Courier would chase Marko into the snowy mountains of Utah, beyond the reasons of adventure, or simple justice? Well, at one point this mod turns very personal, much more than any other quest in the game.

Wait, are you saying that NVBI and II weren't personal!!???

Anyways, I couldn't play NV for like a week after beating the Inheritance and NVBI. I just felt like I had nothing to do and the wasteland seemed so dark lol

Just found a bit of foreshadowing I've never noticed before, from The Inheritance. On the way to Mt Charleston, you encounter this seer guy, Nowak the Wanderer, who gives some interesting looks into your future. He talks a bit about Sinners and Slaves, The Message, and I think Firebase Zulu, but nothing beyond what Someguy's already teased. What's interesting is when he talks about your greatest enemy, and if you will ever come as close to death as the beginning of the game. He talks of a snowy graveyard, a man in black, blood on the snow, and the greatest torture you've ever exprenced. Not sure if any of this was intended for the earlier Lake of Fire draft, or ir the climax is really gonna be that traumatic. Can't wait to find out.