Guest deleted2159825

On The Man from Old Mexico, just who is that man from old mexico if you are willing to reveal any of that at the moment.

"Quemador", a tribal leader/raider who is a powerful warlord. He also likes fire. A lot.

Please don't make Russell lose his second eye to another maniac with a shishkebab...

Going to be honest. I won't shed much of a tear if that happens. I know I'm cruel. :devil:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

Ballad of Bobby Bass when?

When NVBIII is released and patched. I will also take a break after this - all the VO work is draining as hell.

Ballad of Bobby Bass when?

When NVBIII is released and patched. I will also take a break after this - all the VO work is draining as hell.

You should, considering all the effort you're putting into making this mod awesome! I'm actually looking more forward to New Vegas Bounties III than anything else coming out.

Guest deleted2159825

What exactly is The Message? I've seen it mentioned a few times but haven't seen any details really.

Loosely, it's an adaptation of Shane, with some nods to John Ford Westerns as well. The player is tasked with delivering a message to Goliad, a frontier town that's divided between farmers and cattlemen, with no clear resolution in sight. It's a slower-paced mod that emphasizes factions, politics and roleplaying above violence. Additionally, "The Message" is that the NCR is offering the townspeople the "privilege" of annexation, so the player will have to influence them one way or another. Along the way, the Courier will have a brief taste of "normal", peaceful life before his/her violent tendancies are called upon in the climax. The Courier is also dealing with the aftermath of NVBIII, which is addressed quite a bit in the design doc through dialogue and possibly even dreams (heh, nightmares). For all the good (or evil) that the Courier can do through violence, he/she will always be labeled as a killer, which complicates any attempt to blend back into civilization (in my opinion). Of course, I could just get drunk and make the entire thing about helping a frontier town fight off cannibalistic raiders. Who knows?

I suppose the divisions within in the town are meant to follow Tolstoy's adage: "The best stories don't come from good vs. bad, but good vs. good." To be honest, NVBIII is so loaded with extremes of emotion, violence, and characterization that I would like to make something a bit more grounded and morally ambiguous (but not necessarily dark). It's just meant to be more realistic, I guess.

What exactly is The Message? I've seen it mentioned a few times but haven't seen any details really.

Loosely, it's an adaptation of Shane, with some nods to John Ford Westerns as well. The player is tasked with delivering a message to Goliad, a frontier town that's divided between farmers and cattlemen, with no clear resolution in sight. It's a slower-paced mod that emphasizes factions, politics and roleplaying above violence. Additionally, "The Message" is that the NCR is offering the townspeople the "privilege" of annexation, so the player will have to influence them one way or another. Along the way, the Courier will have a brief taste of "normal", peaceful life before his/her violent tendancies are called upon in the climax. The Courier is also dealing with the aftermath of NVBIII, which is addressed quite a bit in the design doc through dialogue and possibly even dreams (heh, nightmares). For all the good (or evil) that the Courier can do through violence, he/she will always be labeled as a killer, which complicates any attempt to blend back into civilization (in my opinion). Of course, I could just get drunk and make the entire thing about helping a frontier town fight off cannibalistic raiders. Who knows?

I suppose the divisions within in the town are meant to follow Tolstoy's adage: "The best stories don't come from good vs. bad, but good vs. good." To be honest, NVBIII is so loaded with extremes of emotion, violence, and characterization that I would like to make something a bit more grounded and morally ambiguous (but not necessarily dark). It's just meant to be more realistic, I guess.

I take it we can help the town keep their independence.

Guest deleted2159825

I take it we can help the town keep their independence.

Of course - one of my priorities would be providing the player with more freedom of choice. NVBIII is a bit more linear than some of my past quest mods, as I was focused on a specific narrative.

When?When?When?

When it's done, which isn't far off. I'm guessing October or November.

You, Sir, are a Hero!

Your work is so well done and the stories so well written that, if i hadn´t downloaded yourmods myself, i´d figured they were a part of FNV itself. In my opinion, your quests rise above vanilla content by far and i love how your mods stick together.

When i finished NVB I for the first time, i was absolutely stunned! I was climbing the walls waiting for the next episode.

And when Part II was launched i was beyond overjoyed!

And now i heard that you´re back in business and are about to deliver the final chapter. You, Sir, made my friggin´ year. it´s like an early Christmasgift!

Keep up the awesome work!

Hugs, kisses and all those shenanigans!

/Christian