Guest deleted2159825

Hey, sorry for getting a bit off topic but I was really curious about something and I thought flamenx01 or one of you guys might be able to give me some insight into this. How many hours of work do you guys think it takes to create a quest mod like New Vegas Bounties? I have no experience in programming/writing or doing anything useful, so I really can't really even estimate. It seems like such a massive undertaking to me, but with some of his smaller mods like King of the Ring, Someguy seems to (maybe jokingly) imply that he like filled a mug with whiskey and whittled the f*#@er out over the following five or six crooked hours.

While most of flamenx01's mods more concerned with artwork and creating new items and textures, you seem to have a ton of experience on the nexus, so I was hoping you could fill me in! also, hope I'm not bugging anyone, sorry about that.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, sorry for getting a bit off topic but I was really curious about something and I thought flamenx01 or one of you guys might be able to give me some insight into this. How many hours of work do you guys think it takes to create a quest mod like New Vegas Bounties? I have no experience in programming/writing or doing anything useful, so I really can't really even estimate. It seems like such a massive undertaking to me, but with some of his smaller mods like King of the Ring, Someguy seems to (maybe jokingly) imply that he like filled a mug with whiskey and whittled the f***er out over the following five or six crooked hours.

While most of flamenx01's mods more concerned with artwork and creating new items and textures, you seem to have a ton of experience on the nexus, so I was hoping you could fill me in! also, hope I'm not bugging anyone, sorry about that.

No problem at all.

It really depends on your scripting skills. Without really knowing the language and working from a tutorial I was once able to make a fully fledged companion in about 4 hours. To make a quest with the complexity of a quest like new vegas bounties 1 (which is actually a very simple mod with 1 single script) I'd guess a week or two (for a novice modder). Voicing/writing/coming up with ideas can obviously slow it down. More complex mods like new vegas bounties 2 may take longer (a couple of months).

Seddon4494 (who is currently a scripter for project brazil) does some amazing tutorials on everything you would ever need to know to make quests on his youtube channel.

Good luck.

People are starting to loose interest.Now after E3 and F4 trailer video they don't care anymore.

Too late Someguy.Too late.

What the hell are you talking about? A lot of people are replaying older Fallout games (ie. New Vegas) in preperation for Fallout 4. This would actually be a damn good time to release this masterpeice.

People are starting to loose interest.Now after E3 and F4 trailer video they don't care anymore.

Sorry but I think you're wrong.

Project Brazil, NVBIII, Fallout: the Frontier, Fallout 1: the mod and Fallout: Dust Survival Simulator are all big mods still developed for Fallout: NV and I know for a fact that people are still excited to see these mods finish.

I don't agree! I think interest in new vegas modding will start to increase until the release of whatever the fallout 4 modding tool will be!! Someguy just needs time to work and I'm fine with waiting for however long, I just hope he's doing okay!