Guest deleted2159825

Again, I'm not trying to be "that guy" and bashing someguy for not coming out sooner (I really hope that's not what I looked like from my older post, if it was, then that wasn't my point). I check this thread every once in awhile (Usually for a couple days in a row, then I stop, then come back after awhile). And I have been patient, as many people have, but I just can't feel that this isn't ridiculous. someguy said the mod was basically done. Anything left is just voice-acting. And then that's when this whole "period of silence" began. But there really isn't anything we can do is there? In the back of my mind (since this isn't #1 of my concerns, obviously) I'm still holding out. I do hope though, if we hear nothing from someguy after a longer period of time (maybe till Fallout 4 is released) that one of his testers will release the mod in it's current state. Just so we can have an end to his great series. And really, I don't think anyone cares about voice acting at this point.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Just" voice acting. I doubt that ever got done. It depends on many others to accomplish it, and persons promising to do that may have failed to deliver. Even if done, then begins what must be the tedious process of lip-syncing. As to testers releasing the mod, that would not only be foolish but probably run afoul of the TOS of this website. I certainly will never do it.

Again, I'm not trying to be "that guy" and bashing someguy for not coming out sooner (I really hope that's not what I looked like from my older post, if it was, then that wasn't my point).

That is exactly what it looked like.

And I have been patient, as many people have, but I just can't feel that this isn't ridiculous. someguy said the mod was basically done. Anything left is just voice-acting. And then that's when this whole "period of silence" began.

Someguy mods for free in his own free time. If he walked away from modding and never came back he has the right to do that. He owes the players exactly as much as they paid for his content, which was zero. He has a life outside of modding and RL is more important than modding (as much as it pains me to say it).

But there really isn't anything we can do is there?

No. And there shouldn't be. Modders aren't paid for what they do, often have complex and busy lives in real life (which includes real jobs, families, etc) and mod whenever they can fit it into their lives. Sometimes there is zero time for modding.

I'm still holding out I do hope though, if we hear nothing from someguy after a longer period of time (maybe till Fallout 4 is released) that one of his testers will release the mod in it's current state.

Someguy would need to give explicit instructions/permission to another user to release his work. To do so without permission would be a violation of the Nexus TOS and could get a player who did such a thing banned.

And really, I don't think anyone cares about voice acting at this point.

I would wager that someguy cares about it. His work is high quality, in part, because he cares about the details.

And now I remember why I barely go on here. I'm not arguing with any of you. Maybe that one dude is right and this thread should just be taken down. Sorry for not having infinite patience and wishing someone would see through what they started to the end. But, like I said, it doesn't matter. Whatever, I'm out. Maybe if I check the Nexus in the future this will come across as a pleasant surprise. But, at this point, I doubt it. See ya.

I'm pretty sure he was trying to show that on august 13th, someguy said on his profile "Back in the states after 2 weeks. SO. MANY. MESSAGES." Which is why he highlighted it in the image.

Although obviously, that was posted in 2014, so it's not news.

Edited by tact308

What are you getting at?

Something most of us know, that you can click on a player's avatar and see when he/her was last logged onto the Nexus. Hopefully, those following the thread will not feel the need to broadcast each sighting.

I'm perfectly aware that you can, but he has been seen online plenty of times which is one of the reasons I suspect he's just holding back any news and is fine.

I'm pretty sure he was trying to show that on august 13th, someguy said on his profile "Back in the states after 2 weeks. SO. MANY. MESSAGES." Which is why he highlighted it in the image.

Although obviously, that was posted in 2014, so it's not news.

That was what I thought too. I remember he went to Ireland then.