100 things nobody knows about The Elder Scrolls IV *POTENTIAL SPOILERS

dkamm65

This may have been mentioned, maybe even by me, lol But this thread has been going on so long I forget.

ANYway, In Skingrad, across the street from "your" house is Summitmist (sp?) Manor. Once the quest for that is done, everything in there is non owned, meaning it is not stealing to be in there or take/use the things. First I sold everything in there and cleared it out. Now I've had a change of heart and use it sort of like a bed and breakfast for my companions when we're in Skingrad. I've completely redecorated it. There is even safe storage in the chests in the upstairs bedroom. Some food and items respawn all over the house, so there is food and what not.

It's been alot of fun re-doing the place. I'm thinking of using the console to setownership and call it my bed and breakfast, lol

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54. The upper half of the imperial tower is not a solid, but actually a magical ethereal entity... Stuff goes through it, arrows spells (even People with certain mods equipped...) trust me I found that last part out the hard way.

61. that woman will train you in high destruction for 20 bear pelts

If this is common knowledge or was mentioned previously, I apologize.

During the Dark Brotherhood quest line, a dead drop quest called "The Coldest Sleep" requires that you murder Havilstein Hoar-Blood, who lives outside Bruma on Gnoll Mountain with his pet wolf, Redmaw. Redmaw's name and species are nods to J.R.R. Tolkien's The Silmarillion; the relevant entry in the index reads:

Carcharoth The great wolf of Angband that bit off the hand of Beren bearing the Silmaril ... is translated in the text as 'the Red Maw'.

62: There is a special place in the Jerall mountains (cant remember where, just that it on an EXTREMELY steep slope) that is a stone staircase going up for a long time with braizers eventually leading to a dead end and a chest, containing nothing much but some silver tableware and around 20-40 gold.

63: There is also a non-diary entry quest in lost boy cavern about a mage and his friend who has gone there to do, well, something, and the mage has turned himself into a lich. You must go there and kill him, and as so, saving his friend from him, and, saving himself from him. Also in the testing hal, i believe one of the "testing" rooms (its one of the blue ones) that is a little maze with notes in it, which i believe is the documentation of the mages turning to the dark.

Edited by Elvenmage

63: There is also a non-diary entry quest in lost boy cavern about a mage and his friend who has gone there to do, well, something, and the mage has turned himself into a lich. You must go there and kill him, and as so, saving his friend from him, and, saving himself from him. Also in the testing hal, i believe one of the "testing" rooms (its one of the blue ones) that is a little maze with notes in it, which i believe is the documentation of the mages turning to the dark.

And if I remember correctly, this quest requires the PC to have a specific level to clear it. If you stumble into the cavern and are lower than level 26, the Lich can not be killed and the quest can never be completed.

---

I do not know if this is true or just a weird impression I had, but if you pay attention to the decorative katanas on the ceiling above the fire place in Cloud Ruler Temple, there are several katanas missing. At some point during the main quest I noticed this and found that the number of katanas missing equaled the Blades that had already died/been killed up to that point of the main quest.

• 2 weeks later...
One the very last quest where Martin is lighting the Dragonfires and Mehrunes Dagon comes, if you use a certain staff, I think it's Wabbajack (which im pretty sure you get as a reward from the Shrine of Sheogorath.) on Mehrunes Dagon a few times he just melts! May of been patched. Look it up on Youtube or try it out yourself. :wink:

One the very last quest where Martin is lighting the Dragonfires and Mehrunes Dagon comes, if you use a certain staff, I think it's Wabbajack (which im pretty sure you get as a reward from the Shrine of Sheogorath.) on Mehrunes Dagon a few times he just melts! May of been patched. Look it up on Youtube or try it out yourself. :wink:

I'm hoping it's not, 'cause I really wanna try this now.

Its pretty awesome, I think the Unnoficial Oblivion Patch might of patched it. Hope it works for ya anyway, if not look it up on Youtube. :thumbsup:

Its pretty awesome, I think the Unnoficial Oblivion Patch might of patched it. Hope it works for ya anyway, if not look it up on Youtube. :thumbsup:

Didn't patch it for me. Its quite fun to melt Dagon heheheh... not that I have a save game to do over and over or anything...

54. The upper half of the imperial tower is not a solid, but actually a magical ethereal entity... Stuff goes through it, arrows spells (even People with certain mods equipped...) trust me I found that last part out the hard way.

61. that woman will train you in high destruction for 20 bear pelts

The guy above you didn't mention a woman ? :turned: