100 things nobody knows about The Elder Scrolls IV *POTENTIAL SPOILERS

dkamm65

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54. The upper half of the imperial tower is not a solid, but actually a magical ethereal entity... Stuff goes through it, arrows spells (even People with certain mods equipped...) trust me I found that last part out the hard way.

about the luther broads boarding house... its part of the main quest line :armscrossed:

SPOILER, SPOILER,SPOILER, Alert!!!!!!

1) If you need gold and are feeling brave, go after Necromancers, they have tons of gold on them. I have gotten as much as 700+ gold from just 1 Necromancer. (not for low level characters)

2) If you are bored and want a diversion, run around the perimeter of the Niben bay and Lake Rumare, you will find a giant mud crab and about 50 or so Nirnroots and some quest's that are not in the game guide.

If you find a church while doing this, on the side of a hill near the water with empty caskets on the dock, go in to the church and kill everyone and get some pretty good loot, it is a Necromancer lab.

3) I have about 140 to 150 mods in my Oblivion game, but I have found 3 that have been very useful, one is ArashikagesGear by Arashikage, the second is the levelers cheat (shack) by WillieSea , and Tales from Elsweyr Anequina uploaded by David Brasher. The Arashikage mod gives you a cool Ninja suit of armor that is available in the first chest that you come to in the dungeon when the blades make you leave the Emporors party at the start of the game. You can also get a full set from a barrel in the abondoned shack by the waterfront outside the Imperial city. Normally this would just be a cool set of armor, but for one thing, there is also a set of Sigil Stones that you use to enchant this armor, besides giving you water breathing ability, and Chameleon ability (invisibility) and allows you to have detect life ability (see through walls etc). I found that the stones will enchant other armor as well.

4) Now for the kicker, I like black armor, but getting exactly the armor I wanted was very difficult, but if you have the Tales from Elsweyr Anequina, you will encounter a man standing on the dock when you exit the sewers at the start of the game, he will attack you at once for no aparent reason, and he is an easy kill. LOOT this guy, he has a key and a letter on him describing a place in Elsweyr called Tanalo, besides being a good hide out and a free house, a chest in tanalo also holds another set of ArashikagesGear and there is a book on a table inside Tanalo describing the exploits of a knight that wore a suit of BLACK Obsidian armor and if you follow the clues in the book, it will lead you to four places that contain all the pieces of Obsidian armor. But you will first have to kill lots of ogres, wraiths, Liches, skelletons, undead, rats, and bandits. Also be sure to have at least 3000 gold on you as there is a bribe you have to pay to stay out of a Khajiit jail. Now here is where the stones come in to play, if you do not know how to enchant things with the construction set, you can use the stones to enchant the black armor. and if you use the consol to duplicate the stones to say ten of each, you can mix and match enchantments at will. In the end, you end up with a kicka**s set of black armor that does not show up anywhere else in the game and you get to have fun doing it.

By the way, my game is very stable and rarely crashes, if you would like a copy of my load order, just PM me and I will gladly give you a copy.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this was mentioned or if it's common knowledge...

BEWARE: This is a spoiler if you haven't completed Shivering Isles!

After you become Sheogorath, you cannot go in the gardens of the House of Dementia because you need a key to get in, which you'll never get unless you replaced the Duchess of Dementia earlier. However, there is a way in even if you did replace the Duke of Mania instead. If you would have decided to replace the Duchess of Dementia, you'd know that there is a fort called Xirethard not too far away from New Sheoth that, after going through a maze of traps and hostile Dark Seducers, will allow you access to the gardens. Unfortunately, unless you have the spell "Sheogorath's Protection," the secret entrance won't work for you to go back out and you will be stuck there forevermore...or at least until one of the guards kill you. Also, the Dark Seducers there will always remain hostile, even after you become Sheogorath.

Edited by QueenOfThieves

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There are dragons in Oblivion. They're invisible though, and very, very quiet. Most people don't know about them.

I call bull s***

67: if you use life detect (or can see 100% Chameleon NPCs without life detect like me) in the Bruma mages guild hall you can find the invisible J'skar walking around. if you try to talk to him he says "go away you'll ruin every thing" I don't know if you can dispel his 100% Chameleon buff or not.

Some points in the game aren't filled floors.... you can fall right through them. Usually around corners and other tight spots though.

Under the grass texture of the game is a second layer, it is purple and outlines Cyrodil around 100,000,000,000,0000 times.

The Gatekeeper in Shivering Isles is an important char when the mercenary's are still alive, however if he is knocked out, it is impossible to do the Shivering Isles (the mercenary's have to die for other scripts, the gatekeeper stops attacking the mercenary's after being knocked out)

You can kill the gatekeeper with anything, not just bone arrows.

The side gates in the Arena are locked until you become GC.

The Amulet of Kings slightly appears when you equip it, and unequips any other necklaces.

Most of the other ones I found are already listed :3

There are dragons in Oblivion. They're invisible though, and very, very quiet. Most people don't know about them.

He's right, you know. Ever notice all those books and other objects that go flying off shelves when you run through a shop or home...? It's those sneaky dragons.