Making the "MODS" work!

Gavelayde

I was told to come here to make a thread by what I assume to be a Nexus GM...

I have tried maybe 20 mods for Oblivion and maybe 15 mods for Fallout3. I got 1 to work for Oblivion. The one I wanted the least. I assumed that they all would work because Nexus said they should. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to bribe someone?

I was told to come here to make a thread by what I assume to be a Nexus GM...

I have tried maybe 20 mods for Oblivion and maybe 15 mods for Fallout3. I got 1 to work for Oblivion. The one I wanted the least. I assumed that they all would work because Nexus said they should. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to bribe someone?

How exactly they aren't working?

links to help-

How do I install Mods F3

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=120735

Gavelayde, If you could please describe exactly what's wrong it would really be helpful.

the more info the better.

I'm just a member trying to help a fellow poster get some help

Thanx for your offer of help! :) I think that Nexus is looking for a monitary donation for most of the downloads that I want for Fallout 3... and Oblivion in retrospect. I would pay if I felt that they would actually work... The same with FilePlanet...They offer downloads but nothing works.

Gavelayde, If you could please describe exactly what's wrong it would really be helpful.

Thanx for your offer of help! :) I think that Nexus is looking for a monitary donation for most of the downloads that I want for Fallout 3... and Oblivion in retrospect. I would pay if I felt that they would actually work... The same with FilePlanet...They offer downloads but nothing works.

Interesting theory, still I think the reason your mods not working is the same that turns you unable to tell why they do not.

Granted, there are advantages if you were to become a Premium member (faster downloads &/or download resume and other pluses ) but downloads that wont work if you don't pay isn't how it works around here.

not to be insulting but are you having trouble with the ".7z" or ".rar" type files?

if you are, those need to have the files extracted first 7zip can be obtained from http://www.7-zip.org/

I hope that helps.

The downloads both here and on Fileplanet obviously do work or there would be many others complaining about it, if you tell people what the problem is they may be able to help.

Every mod is available without any fee to everyone who comes here. We do not demand any contribution to download the mods, and there is no charge for using the forums or for any help.

First thought - you are using either Vista or Win7

For Vista and Win7 related problems such as UAC, Check here:

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=262.

If that is not it, I have a set of help files for people who are not computer geeks and are new to mods. They are orientated to Oblivion, but the principles are the same for FO3. They include downloading, extracting (unzipping) installing and activating mods. I have included a simple mod to practice on and instructions for installing and using 7-zip. If you are interested, click on the highlighted link below to be taken to the site where they are kept. I recommend starting with #1 and working your way through them as some of the concepts may be new to you.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/TheStormRavenLibrary/forum/256092/

If you use them I would appreciate some feedback as to what needs improvement and what works for you.