Black Leather? How or where do you get it?

Stormyblade

So I just finished the Thieves Guild quests and became the Thieves Guild Master. I got the upgraded armor from Tonilia, and when I go to a workbench to upgrade it, the item required is 'Black Leather.' I've never heard of this?? A quick Google search shows nothing and a search of this site shows nothing as well.

What is Black Leather? Where and how do you get it? Obviously, I will need 4 pieces to upgrade the Thieves Guild Master armor.

Thanks in advance for replies.

It must be a mod because I am currently doing that questline on PS3 and I know it only needs normal leather. Do you have any smithing overhaul mods on?

It must be a mod because I am currently doing that questline on PS3 and I know it only needs normal leather. Do you have any smithing overhaul mods on?

I think I do have an "immersive" smithing mod running...Complete Crafting Overhaul is what it's called. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to check in that menu or something...

Well if it's anything like the satchels mod, you have to craft black leather using leather and spider poison.

Thanks for that info. Trouble is, I can't find a reference to Black Leather *anywhere* - I opened up the menu in the Complete Crafting Overhaul mod and can't seem to find any mention of Black Leather in the recipe list. Why would an upgrade to armor mention an item that you can't find a single reference to anywhere?

Check the tanning rack. You should be able to create black leather with leather and iron ore.

If you don't want to have to deal with it, you could try changing crafting recipes in the CCOR MCM menu from Immersive to... whatever the other option is (I don't recall the name).

Edited by Hyacathusarullistad

I tried the console command - no good, object doesn't exist.

I'll go into crafting menu, see if I can go back to original mode -- well, that worked. Also, I found some iron ore and some leather, and lo, and behold I could create Black Leather!! Thanks Hya....

Finally, my Guild Master armor is upgraded!! Funny how I still can't seem to find a reference to it anywhere.

Thanks again to everyone for the responses.

To avoid this kind of thing in the future, you can disable inventory restrictions on crafting in CCOR's MCM menu. That way anything your skill level allows you to craft will be displayed, even if you don't have any of the required components/ingredients. This is more like vanilla, but can make for a cluttered menu by the time you reach higher levels.

• 2 weeks later...