SFW and Fun Pregnancy/Child-Rearing Mod

Kendansa

I am replying to this forum using my husbands account-- but I would love to be a voice actor or to help in any way I can. I'm not a modder but I am a good writer and I would love to voice some dialouge for this mod, I'd even probably do a decent job at mimicing some of the vanilla npc voices if I practiced at it. Although-- to warn you my awesome mic died out and I won't have a new one until christmas, but if you shoot me some lines to try out or some story directions that you want to go then I can help come up with immersive dialogue. Feel free to contact this account back to get in contact with me. I'm Katy btw :) I love the idea of adding a more immersive family to skyrim!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a very frustrating hour of the exact same code all of a sudden throwing a load of errors, it finally compiled and... IT WORKS :D

The conception function works 100% for both genders. I have written the barebones of the pregnancy and 90% finished the spawn function. If anybody would like to help:

- Models: Baby mesh, cot, clothes + for parents etc

- Dialogue: Any dialogue you want? Write some for us! Anduniel has already added plenty of good stuff

- Voices: Voice actors :-)

- Textures (Technically for the modellers

- Wish list

- Requests for support of custom homes/followers etc

In short this is the first big milestone for this mod, and it can only go up from here :smile:

I don't know if this thread pings you without me quoting you lol but I said something pertinent to your post.

I am replying to this forum using my husbands account-- but I would love to be a voice actor or to help in any way I can. I'm not a modder but I am a good writer and I would love to voice some dialouge for this mod, I'd even probably do a decent job at mimicing some of the vanilla npc voices if I practiced at it. Although-- to warn you my awesome mic died out and I won't have a new one until christmas, but if you shoot me some lines to try out or some story directions that you want to go then I can help come up with immersive dialogue. Feel free to contact this account back to get in contact with me. I'm Katy btw :smile: I love the idea of adding a more immersive family to skyrim!

Yeah feel free! I'll take any help available, I'm no good with any of that so feel free to come up with stuff in that area :)

Got back to work on the mod again today :)

I'm linking a spreadsheet on google docs so you lot can see new features/changes/bug fixes added to the mod, it will be updated per change to the mod.

It will stay up from now including past release etc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WbK6KxHXExaBvh89Uhl9xuMjFv6narR0TQ3ggndjW20/edit?usp=sharing

• 1 month later...

Got back to work on the mod again today :smile:

I'm linking a spreadsheet on google docs so you lot can see new features/changes/bug fixes added to the mod, it will be updated per change to the mod.

It will stay up from now including past release etc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WbK6KxHXExaBvh89Uhl9xuMjFv6narR0TQ3ggndjW20/edit?usp=sharing

Hey so I now have a good mic again! I took a look at that document that you have on a spreadsheet. I need some information from you before I start to write script. I apologize for the barrage of questions, I just need more info in order to be helpful to you. You can reply via message if you like and I can send you my skype so we can talk out some of the finer details.

Will all followers that you can wed be able to reproduce?

Will some reproducing happen on purpose?

How many kids will be supported?

Are there plans for quest line involving the Dovah kids?

Will the kids actually become adults eventually?

Will they be considered "essential" or will there be possible death and dialogue that needs to go with that?

Will there be mixed race kids? or mix race reproducing where the kid takes on a race from one of the parents?

Are there contraceptives involved?

Q: Are there plans for quest line involving the Dovah kids?

A: Would be cool to be able to take your kids with you on certain (low-danger) quests, like Bandit Chief killing, or Radiant Quests, and once they get older and better at combat, Dragon killing quests (the ones given by Esbern once you complete Alduin's Wall).

Q: Will there be mixed race kids? or mix race reproducing where the kid takes on a race from one of the parents?

A: I remember reading something on the Elder Scrolls lore about Men and Elves marrying and interbreeding, so that would certainly be valid.

Q: Are there contraceptives involved?

A: Sure, it's lore-friendly, there can be "moon tea" that females drink to prevent pregnancy, made from herbs with abortifacient (sp?) properties. Same or similar potions for abortion in earliest stage. (kinda defeats whole purpose of the mod, but hey, makes the mod more complete).