keep stuff from moving

grandpauj1

Ok I have been digging around and can not figure this out! I made a small house and have it working good but.... When I place somthing on a table, in the CK it looks great, But in game it's all messed up.I put some cooked rabbit on a plate on the table nice and neat. Go to the game and it's all over the place including the floor. This has always been an isssue but untill now I have just not put anything like that in a house. Now I think I need help. I have tried Script/DefaultDisableHavokOnLoad, Set HavokOnHit to false. And defaultBlockActivation just trying to keep stuff in place. That is about all I have been able to find. Do I need to delete all of the stuff in the "Dining area" and start over. I am lost and looking for direction. )o: Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance

I would suggest using statics instead of items, if you just want to place it there and have it look nice. What I usually do is take the mesh I want (after extracting it from the bsa), and open it up into nifskope and open bhkCollisionObject and click on bhkRigidBody and scroll down to motion system and quality type. I set those as MO_SYS_FIXED and MO_QUAL_FIXED. Then I save the mesh under a new name (this is a must or it will break the regular mesh in game), and create a new static for it. That's just how I go about with this issue for my house mods though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I watched a video on it by Darkfox127 about making a custom container . It has stuff on a shelf that stays put. It involves some work with the scripts, Default Block Activation and Default Disable Havok on Load, Then changing the propertys and checking the box Don't Havok settle. Well long story short, The container part worked great, But the stuff I put on the shelf, Not so good. I didn't think this was going to be a such a thing to do!

@ Faelrin, So if I want to place some rabbit, Cabbage, plates ect. on a table, I would have to go thru and change all of them one at a time. As common as this is througout the game, It just seems like there would be a simple way to do it. If I remember correctly in the GECK you check or uncheck playable and it will or will not move. UGHHHH!!!!

Sorry, whining like little girl. Thanks for the suggesttion, I will give it a try. It may not be as complicated as it sounds.