Funny Oblivion Incidents

Stampede

I just met this nasty rat with dull RAI. He kept making exactly the same attack over and over. I just held the block and the rat would leap up and ricochet off my shield. He'd get knocked back down the hill and come back for more. We'd still be there doing that weird dance If I hadn't gotten bored. Good for raising the block skill I guess.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/Owen...livion/Rat0.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/Owen...livion/Rat1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/Owen...livion/Rat2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/Owen...livion/Rat3.jpg

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bandits can be funny... you sneak up to a bandit camp, and then one of the bandits runs off hunting deer! Also, if hit, they just seem to keep chasing the deer until they've killed it before attacking you. I don't quite understand how a heavy-armoured kajiit can kill deer with an axe, but they seem to manage.

I think my mods have got a bit messed up --- I've recently started again with new char (an archer), and can easily take out bandits with one hit if it's a sneak attack (using a silver bow) from basically the first level (they seem much too weak to me). Sometimes there aren't many enemies about though; I explored one cave and it was completely empty (it definatly should have had bandits in it). This is odd...

... I don't quite understand how a heavy-armoured kajiit can kill deer with an axe, but they seem to manage.

Well, because the first fact of the matter is that bandits are outfitted in light armors. ;)

That's my gripe. Too many bandits, not enough marauders. Not enough oppurtunities to loot off heavy armor pieces. Odder still is the fact that bandits will linger about the exterior of fort ruins which contain maurader bands inside, while mauraders guard the outside of Aylied ruins that contain bandits inside.

Now I had just been wandering the private quarters of Anvil castle to see if there were any skill books to read. I had chameleon at 105% (the only time I use it is for avoiding guards). I forgot to remove it. As I left the castle I fell through the bridge. Climbing out the other side I could not collect the nirnroot I found growing there. Nor could I open the gate into Anvil. I could however pass straight through it as if I had used the console command 'tcl'. But inside the wall was a half completed town of seven houses without doors, no people and no gate out. I could not pass through the walls either. What happened?

I reloaded, removed the items with the chameleon effect and continued as normal.

Strange!

That isn't due to chameleon, I think it is related to the bouncing bug. It is like some co-ordinates get thrown off or something. Reloading always seems to fix it.

Now I had just been wandering the private quarters of Anvil castle to see if there were any skill books to read. I had chameleon at 105% (the only time I use it is for avoiding guards). I forgot to remove it. As I left the castle I fell through the bridge. Climbing out the other side I could not collect the nirnroot I found growing there. Nor could I open the gate into Anvil. I could however pass straight through it as if I had used the console command 'tcl'. But inside the wall was a half completed town of seven houses without doors, no people and no gate out. I could not pass through the walls either. What happened?

I reloaded, removed the items with the chameleon effect and continued as normal.

Strange!

Hmm, I managed to get trapped inside the walls of some ruins (as in IN the walls) once. I couldn't get out, but had a horse nearby, and when I mounted it things got back to normal. I guess the physics doesn't check which side of a face you're on...

I was taking a stroll outside the Imperial City, looking for souls to trap for my smaller soulgems so I use them and get them out off my inventory.

The music alerts me to the fact that something has seen me and has decided that I'm lunch, as I cant see it in the undergrowth I assume that its something small like a rat or a mudcrab. Noticing a rock that will give me some elevation, I jump on it and get ready to wack...and imediately start taking damage!

I look at the grass, I look at the sky (Morrowwind reaction), I look at the tree and find absolutely nothing.

Finally I look at my feet. On the rock. And notice that it seems to have a waving tail, and ocasionally a snout, and a ear sticking out here and there.

Yup, my rock had a inner wolf dying to come out!

Ratfactor? Seek help. Immediately ;D

The only really amusing story I've had so far (aside from the usual mistakes one makes while swinging a sword about; they should know better than to stand near me) was when I rode out of Chorral (I think), and just as I rode past a boulder an arrow whistled out of nowhere to stick out of my horse's flank.

After a second to marvel at the AI, I got off, at which point the horse barrells over and clobbers the hapless bandit to death. So once I've looted the body, I turn around to get back on the road, when I notice a second bandit, who'd apparently had a tiff with the bow-wielding one, lying dead in the road clearly riddled with arrows. That was good for a laugh.

HAH!!!!! That's great..

Hmm.. My female Nord/recent vampire is a Bow Witch custom class(meaning she uses a bow, and instead of a dagger or something close up, she uses touch spells) So it's always amusing when i get charged, and RIGHT before i get leaped upon, i use Shock Touch, and they go flying half-way down the hall..

Last night, when i was playing, i was in Kindred Cave looking around.. And then when i wasin Kindred Cave's lecture hall, some Necro saw me and summoned a zombie. I was close to death, and i fell, but right before the Zombie could attack me, the Necro shoots some lightening, it hits the zombie, the zombie turns around, attacks her, kills her and thus killing himself, after wish i hummed a merry tune, looted their bodies and slept to regain my lost health..

Also, when i was in Sheograth's cave, after i laid down the Staff of EverScamp, i was making my way back to the entrance. Before i left though, i noticed a scamp staring at me, and i thought he was following me, laughed it off and left the chamber.

At the exit, i hear a hissing sound, i turn around, and to my surprise the scamp is staring at me, and had followed me.. Maybe it wanted to see me off.. haha..