Nintendo Wii

LHammonds

I just got my kids wii setup with Internet and thought I'd post here for fun while using their Opera browser and wiimote for the control. It is a bit easier to type than the iPhone.

LHammonds (via da wii)

EDIT: Editing works too!!!

Its not the only console that can do that, but cool to know, i don't personally like the Wii myself that's just me, But the ps3 can do that as well, not to mention with flash :thumbsup: .

You have to configure the network settings first (obviously) and then go to the shopping thingy. Then you acquire the "Internet Channel" which is listed for free. It is the Opera browser modified to work on the wii.

The PS3 is somewhat of an anomaly and quite diversified without the need for modifications. I wished I had acquired it as my BluRay player rather than what we have now.

I modified my original XBOX with a mod chip and turned it into a multi-media player. That was before my 1st child was born. When he was born, I took all kinds of video and pictures and then uploaded it to my XBOX and set it up to play in the room where my wife was resting (on the same day). So as people came in to visit, they could watch the TV screen to see what they had missed earlier that day. When I got bored, I simply fired up the games I had loaded directly onto the hard drive...no need to carry around all my CDs. :D It was very cool.

LHammonds

I always wondered what those things on the Wii menu were. I don't have one, but at my friends house, I asked him what the Wii shopping channel was. He said he didn't know cause he couldn't get it to connect to his wireless, but he said it's probably some kinda TV thing.

Dunno if he ever got connected, cause he managed to break the Wii during a violent game of Wi sports tennis, which also happens to be the single funniest day evar.

The Shopping Channel is where you have to go in order to modify your wii menu layout (called channels). From there, you can get the free channels to browse the Internet, download other peoples Mii characters, etc. It also has an area in there where you can purchase / download games directly from them as well as demos. I read that if you download a demo, it auto-connects to the purchase page for that game after you complete the demo level. Sounded quite annoying so I didn't bother to download any demos and not likely to do so in the future.

As for the sports, yep, that stuff is kinda fun. I was playin around with the bowling and it was annoying to get any kind of consistancy when spinning the ball to create a curved approach...just about as annoying as the real-life version. ;p

LHammonds

I just bought a Wii over Christmas break, and I'm addicted to it :P I was iffy about the control at first, but now I realize how much fun I've been missing :( I tried looking for a copy of New Super Mario Bros. Wii before Christmas and I was surprised everywhere I went to was sold out o_O I've always been a loyal supporter of Nintendo, and I believe they have the stones to be great once more ^^

Nintendo's always been my favorite, unique games abound. Besides, where would the gaming world be without Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and the like? :P I stick with that and PC, because every game I've wanted that came out on the PS3 or Xbox 360 was eventually available on the PC. And I do like my PC. But yeah, the day Nintendo learns that it's possible to have the kind of console they like to make with the graphics of their competitors, their sales will really go through the roof.