My Little Anthro Ponies

Deleted2547005User

That is very closed minded. Lore has it's purpose, it's the canon of any world. I never said it was 'stupid' or 'old,' all I said was I don't want to hear it. I uploaded the mod so others can do something with it if they desired, not so people can object to the idea about a horse in Fallout. Those comments had nothing to do with the mod, as do these comments. Lore is not part of this topic, it's about the ponies.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently trying out adding a better fur texture to the ponies. Not too much detail, but enough to tell which way the fur natural points and not a random blotch of pixels. The final will not be the best possible, not with the UV map that came with the model, but redoing the UV will break all compatible armor, so this is the best compromise. An in game comparison will help determine if it works or not. A major downside to this pattern is it's a pattern, you'll be able to see repeating patterns here and there. I will attempt to remove as much as possible.

15489948171_6f19a3d074_o.png

Man, this'll be a tough one. You know how real mane works, right? Long hairs through entire mane. Tail's the same. This on screen looks more like a fur. I guess we'll have to see the finished sample. Yes, I know you're not into texturing, and no, I can't do better. Just showing, what I'm worried about.

@Edit: Also... Yeah. Talking about reality... Maybe this whole texturing is unnecessary? We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by StrangerPL

Looks cool, but, you don't have to do the manes.... If you want, that's your call, me, just stick with a more realistic fur for the body, with the regular manes they have....

I can get on board with that as well.

I've worked with horses half my life, I'm well aware of how their manes and tails 'work.' Just because it's tough doesn't mean I'll back down. I'm doing this for myself more than anything else.

I'm hoping to go for something similar to 2Snacks' recent texture work on his pony rigs. The manes and tails are cartoon accurate, but with the detail giving it a more realistic appearance instead of toothpaste.

Like so:

http://i.imgur.com/ucSl831.gif

Granted, it won't be animated, but you can see the detail, giving it the illusion of hair, not toothpaste.

Power Stancing two Greatsword looks really, really...

15511318122_c8b3033a4e_o.png

stupid.

Edited by Kuroitsune