Skyrim Immersive Creatures - Too Complicated For Me! Need Help!

Warren117

Mod name: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24913/?

TL:DR I need a partner who knows what he's doing to help me get this mod installed and working.

I have SKSE, I have SKY:UI (even though I hate it), I installed BOSS and Wyre Bash and tried with a fresh installation of my Steam version of Skyrim, all legit with legit Dragonborn all installed and ran fresh. Game CTD's whenever I run and it get's to the main menu

I have been here for 2 hours sorting through guide after guide, readme after readme and I am crawling the walls.

This is one of those things where it's hell for someone that doesn't know what they're doing, but a breeze for someone that does - and that someone if you could please help me, hell I'd even be willing to throw you $5 on Paypal rofl

Okay I installed a fresh version of Skyrim, with no mods:

Installed SKSE

and then SKY:UI

then installed Immersive Creatures mod (exactly what the readme said)

Run the game (skse launcher or normal launcher) and it CTD straight away

So I followed the instructions in this thread to make a log file: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2791993

This came back in the error log:

[05/29/2014 - 11:50:52PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[05/29/2014 - 11:50:52PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[05/29/2014 - 11:50:52PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

If it ctd's during the intro/logos then it's a missing master, the mod or something requires an esm or esp you don't have.

Thanks for the reply. I have installed all listed requirements (SKSE and SKUI) so I'm not sure what to go for now

My load order:

http://i.gyazo.com/11b3c4effdd67a0d7982cd0f390a9707.png

New log:

[05/30/2014 - 12:03:48AM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[05/30/2014 - 12:03:48AM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[05/30/2014 - 12:03:48AM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)
Edited by Warren117

Download TESVedit. follow the directions and Install, Start the program , what ever is checked leave it, click OK , it will Process your mods. IF it completes and, "says" "Background loader Finished", then its not a missing master.

IF it errors out..it will list what the offending mod is...if you don't understand what it is...post the last 20 lines here.

Cant see everything in your PIC, but IF that says..."Skyrim immersive creatures - DLC" and it requires Dragonborn...we have our winner, as i do not see Dragonborn DLC. Nor do i see Update.esm?

"...I have SKY:UI (even though I hate it)"

I have no idea why any sane gamer that wants to install mods and play Skyrim would hate SkyU.I. My hate is saved for the Vanilla Skyrim U.I. that was a console tailored piece of a garbage version. A version that begged for the tremendous work done by the SkyU.I. mod authors. And I am grateful for the work they have done.

As far as your issue, I would use NMM or Wrye Bash to install Immersive Creatures. Not sure what that Skyrim Workshop is? Is that from Steam? I have no experience with it.

And as far as getting a stable modded Skyrim going, I highly recommend Gopher's videos on Youtube. http://www.gophersvids.com/ Forum Member Lord Garon has an excellent guide in his Profile Signature on getting a stable Skyrim going. Check out his modding hints and tips in his sig, ingnore the post(irrelevant to your issue.) http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1630923-freezingctds-in-and-around-falkreath/?p=14294348

Camaro has got it right. You need Dragonborn DLC. This from Immersive Creatures install guide >> "Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp - Support file for the DLC Dragonborn" If you have Wrye Bash installed correctly, it should be showing a 'Masterfile Missing' red box for Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp

How come the DLC2 esp of Immersive Creatures is ahead of the Main esp file in your load order? Try switching it around and see if that helps. Also, make sure you downloaded the right patch for the correct DLC that you have. Curious as to why you don't have update esm though as well.

Download BOSS and let it sort your load order. Although, in your case not a priority because you still have a few mods to manage.

Edited by zigen1111

Why does it take so long for the correct answer? I understand people are trying to be helpful but if you have absolutely no idea about the answer then don't bother posting at all, you're just confusing the TC and making him go through unnecessary hoops.

Like zigen said, the DLC2 file needs to be below Immersive Creatures in your load order.

Why does it take so long for the correct answer? I understand people are trying to be helpful but if you have absolutely no idea about the answer then don't bother posting at all, you're just confusing the TC and making him go through unnecessary hoops.

Like zigen said, the DLC2 file needs to be below Immersive Creatures in your load order.

Most likely the correct answer was given by RepublicofDavNation and Camaro with the Dragonborn.esm missing and/or not checked.

Just for a test, in my load order I moved Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp above Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp and my game started and I loaded a save without crashing. Goes to show a load order can be incorrect, but Skyrim still starts. But missing a master file will certainly CTD.

Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp is a support file for the DLC Dragonborn. With the screenshot shown, I do not see a Dragonborn.esm checked or even listed. I gave the links I did because there are some excellent videos by Gopher and modding hints and tips by Lord Garon that will help the TS get a better understanding in modding Skyrim. It is worth looking into, IMO.