Fallout new vegas

evilmicevil

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know 1 thing...if it won't crash I will be amused for about 5 years.

(offtopic) and with AC: brotherhood another 5 years (it has multiplayer which was awarded "Best Multiplayer at E3" by GameCritics?)

Anyways i am hyped for both, the only sad thing is that school begins in 8 days and it will last until xmass (take out the few weeks playing sick :D) (offtoppic /end...jk)

Now on topic

I really have VERY high hopes for NV since it looks like Obsidian scrounged fo3nexus for ideas...(the ironsights, WMK, Harcore mode (FWE) etc)

The most important thing for me is that it won't have THAT many bugs/crashes, the thing that it WILL be epic is fact...

Personally I am hoping for less modding requirements. If they just made the game better and to everyones liking then we would not have to mod. Modding is great and all just if bethasda would have mad the game more realistic and more like the first three, then we wouldn't be having this conversation, now would we?

just my thoughts:

obsidian never made a game which i liked enough to play through twice (NWN2 was ok at best). according to my experience its a 3rd class company.

i played through f3 once and am halfway through my second time now using FWE, maybe ill try fook2 depending on how fast I finish.

the good thing about reusing of the engine should be that i can continue using my head morphs and custom outfits. this is my main request. please dont break this.

other than that:

- combat: put in more rpg/strategy (eg immunities to certrain weapons and weaknesses of certain body parts -antennas come to mind- etc) and less shooting/aiming skill dependence. leveling up feels mostly pointless atm. trailers let NV look like a B-shooter so far.

- world: create a more interesting scenario than f3 with its predictable storyline, im currently having a hard time swalloing the project purity-lameness again. let me be part of raiders, slavers or the enclave with a real ending to the main quest according to my choices (spoiling purity was unrewarding, all evil actions like nuking megatron seemed pointless, self-crippling and tacked-on).

- no level scaling of enemies, improve gear stats and importance. balance the game, getting power armor lead to 0 challenge in f3.

I hope they did something to the skelleton, so we can get rid of the infamous wide shoulders issue with the female bodies....

I think we can all agree that the Fallout 3 storyline was somewhat lacking and that they're obviously re-using the old engine & graphics, but the thing that struck me most about that screenshot is that it was the real, pure enclave being shown there - not some patched up eyebot that might have gotten there from the DC wasteland, but the 'original' awesomeity of the armor and the clear message that they're a foe far from being played out yet. That screenshot shows to me that they're going to be around, and that they aren't going to be messed around with - or am I wrong here?