Fallout new vegas

evilmicevil

and "steal" all kinds of stuff again? like the workbench which was an oblivion mod? hell no! those cheap *selfcensorshiprules* should finally start to develope a game instead of puzzeling it together out of other peoples ideas and creations without giving the slightest bit of credit...
Not many mods are original concepts. Crafting has been a staple of RPGs for ages. Primary Needs might have had some bearing on their decision to add the "Hardcore mode" thing, but it's not as if Primary Needs pioneered the survival mechanics it implements.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crafting yes, but the workbench uses the exact same script and method implemented in oblivion mods prior to fallouts release...

it even comes with all its deficits which beth simply took over instead of thinking of a better way to solve the problem which they could have easily done as they actually have access to the code which modders dont (for example by using a modified form list)

@skotte

oh, wow... didnt even know obsidian developes it till now :D

though i must say we can only hope that beth doesnt push em too hard, the half game that KOTOR2 was shall never be repeated... too many unfinished questlines in that one there were (damn ist late and im starting to sound like bloody yoda lol), t'was the only game i ever signed a petition for, lol it was actually the only thing ever signed a petition for... but well, lucas arts gave a damn...

however i think obsidian showed some skill so far and promises greatness...

but we will see, as a wise,old and grumpy wizard once said

Ok, first of all.....I'd like them to do some touching up. Fallout 3 to me was a decent successor to the 2 fall outs before it. There is one thing I wanted though that you can really only find in peoples individual companion mods. If you have companions, I want in depth quests and character developing companion back-stories that you can do even after you've recruited them on your official team.

2nd, I want to see VICTOR!!!!! (or some other super mutant menace in POWER ARMOR!!!) I want the feel the thrills of having that sort of enemy and getting a thrill of excitement when you see his big guns and compare them yours, only to wonder why you decided to fight in the first place! XD

@skotte

oh, wow... didnt even know obsidian developes it till now :D

though i must say we can only hope that beth doesnt push em too hard, the half game that KOTOR2 was shall never be repeated... too many unfinished questlines in that one there were (damn ist late and im starting to sound like bloody yoda lol), t'was the only game i ever signed a petition for, lol it was actually the only thing ever signed a petition for... but well, lucas arts gave a damn...

however i think obsidian showed some skill so far and promises greatness...

but we will see, as a wise,old and grumpy wizard once said

Well, now you know :P

IMO, that is a valid concern. Considering that the Hype machine is in gear

Hey all,

Well I can't wait for it to come out.

I've just been reading up on it at Fallout Wikia it says that the main character (you) is a courier, when I read that I immediately thought of the 1997 film "The Postman" which is also set in a post apocolyptic world any way I digress,

so yeah I can't wait for it to come out, I like these games where you can wonder around a world and discover things and keep them also show them off in your house.

I hope it has a rather big game world like Oblivion, Fallout 3 was good but it was kinda small (at least that's what I thought)

I hope there's like a Nail gun in there you know similiar to the Railway Rifle in Fallout 3, now that would be interesting.

{End Reply}

Darryl

A.K.A Broken Swords

Hey all,

I've just been reading up on it at Fallout Wikia it says that the main character (you) is a courier, when I read that I immediately thought of the 1997 film "The Postman" which is also set in a post apocolyptic world any way I digress,

so yeah I can't wait for it to come out, I like these games where you can wonder around a world and discover things and keep them also show them off in your house.

I hope it has a rather big game world like Oblivion, Fallout 3 was good but it was kinda small (at least that's what I thought)

I hope there's like a Nail gun in there you know similiar to the Railway Rifle in Fallout 3, now that would be interesting.

{End Reply}

Darryl

A.K.A Broken Swords

I seen the postman and.... I didnt like it lol. But yah it might be like that.

I hope the game world is big too. Might be, if it has alot of desert ya know? Wouldnt it be bad ass if u run into a Khajjitt or something. Like an Oblivion gate.. a deadric shrine easter egg lol

Hey all,

{End Reply}

Darryl

A.K.A Broken Swords

I seen the postman and.... I didnt like it lol. But yah it might be like that.

I hope the game world is big too. Might be, if it has alot of desert ya know? Wouldnt it be bad ass if u run into a Khajjitt or something. Like an Oblivion gate.. a deadric shrine easter egg lol

Aye, I guess so,

haha yeah or a Special Encounter where a guard comes up and says:

Guard: "stop right there criminal scum"

Player: "what the f*** is wrong with you"

Guard : "what is this strange language you speak"

Player : "ok how about this language {BANG} GUNSHOT!

now that would be worth while