Anyone else really hyped for Mass Effect 2?

Retribution

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Retribution, thanks for the comparative pic.

Illiad86, even if #2 is just more of the same, I'd be fine with that. It is rare that I play a game the entire way through and Mass Effect is one of those games. The plus side is that it is not too bad for the kids to see if I am playing it. I also found that around bedtime, if I fire this puppy up, it is cartoony enough for them to sit and watch but just boring enough to them that they are asleep within 5 minutes of sitting still. Score!

LHammonds

hehe, anything to get kids to sleep that's for sure :P

I wasn't impressed with the first one at all....it was over rated IMO. I just hate games that they spend millions upon millions marketing trying to get everyone and their uncle to buy it...then the game blows wad, which to me, ME1 did. It was too easy, which all games have been lately.

i never played or tryed ME1 and i also heard it was crap (camera, also when you die theres a pretty long animation that takes much time before you can start to play again and so on...)

but i think (or better hope) they improved those things and when they did, i probably buy it (maybe i watch some youtube videos before i decide wether to buy it or not..xD) :blink:

The first of two complaints I have with Mass Effect 2 so far is the exclusion of f/f romances. This may sound silly, but seeing as Bioware has put f/f and m/m romances in its games before I see this as a step back. Dragon Age Origins had a f/f and m/m romance, and nothing badly came of it. The only f/f in ME 2 is a short reunion with Liara from ME 1, and some flirting with your secretary. I'm straight, so I don't really want to romance a fish man, raptor-bird man, or even a normal human man as a female character, but I do like to play as femshep for some playthroughs, because her voice acting is better. This isn't too big of a deal though. Bioware has said that your LI from ME 1/2 plays a very large role in the 3rd game, so I suppose that Liara will play a large role in it if you romanced her in ME1. The second is the scrapping of armor for squadmates. Shepard has great customizability for his armor, but your squadmates only have two different suits. Other than those two things, the game is improved in every way.

ME2 should be available right now in North America. I expect my copy to arrive via snail mail around Feb 1st. I should be done with my last run-through of ME1.

The only gameplay mechanic this is irritating to me is having to save the game. I'm at one point in the game where it can take 10 to 15 minutes to reach a certain point and if you don't save, it starts all over at the very beginning of the mission. Yuck. What's worse is that this particular mission has a ton of cut-scene and required dialog. I got to the very end where I was supposed to run the vehicle through a gauntlet of Geth and decided to pick 'em off one-by-one and failed to notice I only had 20 seconds or so to reach the conduit. DoH! Started over at the beginning of the mission. Arg...

LHammonds

Oh, and you can romance Tali too.

Photoshop't.

Know what I hope is improved? The vendor interface. It's so primitive compared to Oblivion or Fallout 3. Really shows that they weren't too thorough when porting it to the PC. Oh, and the autosave. It should autosave at every load screen -- like Fallout 3.

The only f/f in ME 2 is a short reunion with Liara from ME 1, and some flirting with your secretary.

Say it ain't so. :(

They've managed to make galactic exploration even worse, riding around empty planets in the Mako was bad enough but this new planet scanning thing is awful. What the hell made them think anyone would find it enjoyable? :blink: Other than that it's a fantastic game.

beat it, on insane even, they screwed it over imo.

barely any weapons, almost all you get is damage upgrades and crap like that you have to research and does nothing for aesthetics even. i liked being able to buy weapons and modify them. its like they took the last game, retextured it, cut a bunch of crap out, and sold it for the same price. these bioware people are really getting on my nerves lately.

there seems to be this trend lately of putting out **SNIP** retextured versions of old games and selling them for more money than the last one. it also seems like nobody beta tests their games either. seems like it isnt cool to spend money on developing games any more because they know those console retards will buy it up either way.

in the end, i am glad i didnt buy this game ;) now, battlefield bad company 2 i already preordered just because of the multiplayer.

EDIT by LHammonds: Removed vulgar language.

beat it, on insane even, they screwed it over imo.

barely any weapons, almost all you get is damage upgrades and crap like that you have to research and does nothing for aesthetics even. i liked being able to buy weapons and modify them. its like they took the last game, retextured it, cut a bunch of crap out, and sold it for the same price. these bioware people are really getting on my nerves lately.

there seems to be this trend lately of putting out ***** retextured versions of old games and selling them for more money than the last one. it also seems like nobody beta tests their games either. seems like it isnt cool to spend money on developing games any more because they know those console retards will buy it up either way.

in the end, i am glad i didnt buy this game ;) now, battlefield bad company 2 i already preordered just because of the multiplayer.

Yes and no, been playing it for about 12 hours now, and have yet to go to the citadel for any possible toys there. There are fewer weapons, at least so far, but then again most of the old ones were just scrapped, probably thought why make all the different typs of guns when everyone ended up using mostly the same ones, does take away some of the emersion factor though, and you lose some of that tresure hunting feel with chests/crates. What bugs me more I think was the oversimplification of the charter leveling. They got rid of all those skills and trimmed it down to just a few per character. I can somewhat understand trimming down on all the guns, but I think it was a mistake to simplify character creation.

Art