Staff account compromise. What's happened and an apology.

Dark0ne

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just an FYI, i got a warning from Norton as i was updating some of my mods that RaceMenu had a trojan in it. something by Boaxxe or something. you guys might want to look into that just to be safe. other than that, LOVE this site & thank you, each & every one of you, for all the hard work you do *massive hugs*

So I'm having a little problem with my computer at the moment. I do not remember when this began, but the Trojan.Boaxxe warning has been appearing on my desktop frequently. Norton has been able to block its activity, but it will not go away. If anyone knows a way to get rid of this warning help would be appreciated. :)

In response to post #15564410.

I'd have to say that even if malwarebytes fails, I wouldn't ever use MSE as the back up A/V. I'd be more tempted to use another such as Avast, Avira, AVG or even Kerspery...however you spell that last one.

However, I'm also saying this from my own negative experience with using MSE.

and how do you post that "in response to post # xxxxxxx". I can quote, but i can't figure that one out. I read through the help topic.. i'm more looking for actual forum code aka BB code and simple HTML.