Imageshare Issue

VictoriaG

That can happen if the forums are out of sync with the file site(s). They are scheduled to resync every 30 minutes.

Dark0ne is aware of this issue, but is spending all his available time recoding all the sites for a planned forum upgrade (Hopefully by the end of February) and is building in safeguards to eliminate or greatly reduce the number of out of sync issues we all have been having.

• 3 weeks later...
That can happen if the forums are out of sync with the file site(s). They are scheduled to resync every 30 minutes.

Dark0ne is aware of this issue, but is spending all his available time recoding all the sites for a planned forum upgrade (Hopefully by the end of February) and is building in safeguards to eliminate or greatly reduce the number of out of sync issues we all have been having.

I would say this has become more of an issue now that there are daily limits, for example today I have lost 2 of my allowance so far due to this (I assume images you upload then have to delete still count towards your limit?).

• 1 month later...

I've reached the humbug all time high, so it seems: a 7 out of 11 rating rate, no clear breaking point and no end in sight. This makes perfectly sense.

That's anything but funny, it's an anachronism and does not even happen in kindergarden, if memory serves.

Actually, my dear friends, the rating counter is pissing on us and not even giving us the courtesy of calling it rain :verymad:

_Anne

I've reached the humbug all time high, so it seems: a 7 out of 11 rating rate, no clear breaking point and no end in sight. This makes perfectly sense.

That's anything but funny, it's an anachronism and does not even happen in kindergarden, if memory serves.

Actually, my dear friends, the rating counter is pissing on us and not even giving us the courtesy of calling it rain :verymad:

_Anne

I'm not sure how this relates to this topic of the ImageShare not creating the comment/endorsement thread (which should work now that the new site is rolled out) but you did not provide a link to the image you are having problems with.

Also, the endorsement system <> to the old 1 to 10 rating system so I still do not "get" what you are talking about.

EDIT: I think I found the forum post you were alluding to. Post

thanks Walker64 :)

I've now reached an all time high of 7 out of 11, that's lottery at its best.

*WTF* that's frustrating, inasmuch as the staff does not answer :(

It's hard to keep the faith... phew!

Dang, you seem to think we answer questions in your own comment long within minutes of your inquiry? I see no report in our report manager and have only found "this" post hidden under a topic we believe to be resolved now.

Well, assuming I found the post you are talking about, the 7 out of 11 is referring to 11 comments stating they endorse your image but only 7 of the endorsements being counted.

It is entirely possible people are not using the "rating" link and simply copy/pasting the text (I've seen them do it before) but let's assume this isn't the case and continue analysis:

Here are the chain of events:

>> RESEARCHING <<

Forums upgraded on 3/15/2010

Image uploaded on 3/19/2010 @ 10am

Endorsements marked in RED were not registered by the system.

Endorsement by amnis on 3/19/2010 @ 10:19

Endorsement by Pushkatu on 3/19/2010 @ 10:37

Endorsement by _frost_ on 3/19/2010 @ 11:06

Endorsement by forsaken_epicentre on 3/19/2010 @ 12:00

Endorsement by Aurasoma on 3/19/2010 @ 15:24

Endorsement by sonk2 on 3/19/2010 @ 16:49

Endorsement by Malachi Delacot on 3/19/2010 @ 16:55

Endorsement by LorNorkan on 3/20/2010 @ 04:21

Endorsement by Mercury11 on 3/20/2010 @ 06:51

Endorsement by DeTomaso on 3/23/2010 @ 17:29

Endorsement by Walker64 on 3/24/2010 @ 15:03

Endorsement by LHammonds on 3/24/2010 @ 18:35

Aurasoma has voted 784 times on images in the past.

LorNorkan has voted 96 times on images in the past.

Mercury11 has voted 145 times on images in the past.

Walker64 has voted 860 times on images in the past.

LHammonds

If this has happened on any image uploaded after the 22nd of March then please let me know. There was a bug in the system, as far as I can tell, that meant some ratings weren't being recorded. It got fixed after Floydian PM'd me with the problem.

While aggravating for all of us you should mind you don't come off looking like an ass. Yes, it's annoying, but you should still address people with a certain courtesy that your posts are lacking.