Animal Manslaughter?

species5478

@CC you share my view 100% Kudos :thumbsup:

@HA you share my view 100% I already gave you kudos :thumbsup:

I am a "catman" myself, but will side up for all animalls of this planet. When will people learn that animals are not toys? We have "muscledogs" in DK too, and they too molest innoncents. The problem is the OWNER. A muscledog can be as gentle as a Golden Retreiver, if treated right. Those charecters I have seen, holding an aggressive barking "killerdog" looks like they need this dog as a "personality extender". meaning the person himself is a absolutely zero without his dog. This has also been noticed in DK, and a law about a "drivers licence" is about to be forged.

For the realy wild animals, other than dogs and cats; let them stay where they belong. In there own enviroment.

Should you give your dog a bullet when it has "committede a crime"? If the alternative is that the authorities demand it should be leashed, I would prefer to kill it. Rather die in freedom, than live in captivity.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: Wild animals should not be made into 'pets'. Animals born in the wild do not belong in zoos (unless it would save the species from extinction) and dogs breeds with aggressive personalities need to be trained by people who know what they are doing.

Right On. I can get behind all this.

Edited by myrmaad

What do you think should be done?

What should be done is not use wild or domestic animals for human entertainment in the first place. That includes bears dancing on electric floors, dog and rooster fighting where the animals have no freedom to surrender and run, and are adorned with spurs in the case of rooster fighting for maximum damage and human sport. People who find this entertaining are the scum of the earth.

Stop caging creatures that become the equivalent of mentally deranged because all they can do is pace back and forth in a small space. Stop taking trophies from animals for so called medical or mystical reasons that only work because of power of suggestion, and often leading to species extinction or endangerment.

Finally, take a good long look at the history of the human race. The most dangerous, wasteful and violent species on the planet, who will ultimately be responsible for their own demise.

I can imagine the reaction over the incident with the killer whale and yes, it is terrible, but do you think it understood the rules of a species that exterminates each other because they are different races and colours? From articles I read there had been incidents preceding this one. It may sound callous, but more care should have been taken. Even after years of captivity it's still genetically a wild animal and that is entrenched in their nature.

How many have played with a kitten and have it's claws grab hold as it sinks it's teeth in? Even though domesticated, it still has the wild gene and will survive quite nicely in the wild. We have a plague of feral cats here because, for one people are irresponsible and don't have them neutered and for another just dump them when they aren't so cute anymore.

If a white pointer shark takes a surfer at one of the beaches here there's immediate hysteria, or there used to be. The ignorant rednecks would gather in a group foaming at the mouth waiting for a chance to hunt it down. What they don't realize and never will, is the shark is doing what nature programmed it to do. It has an evolutionary imperative to hunt, kill, eat, procreate and survive. It doesn't follow the rules of humans who also hunt, kill, maim and torture each other among other things for entertainment. You enter it's territory you take the risks. The same goes for us. We have the right to protect ourselves from home invasion and aren't exterminated for it.

In the case of the pit bull, they have been banned here, but people still keep them against all advice. They were bred as fighting dogs and can be unpredictable. However, that applies to all dogs and the breeds that are considered most dangerous, especially to children are the small toy breeds. It's the owner's responsibility to ensure the dog isn't a danger or a pest and to treat it well. They are not a fashion accessory or an over extension of manhood.

Mankind may think they are the dominant species, but just because we have opposable thumbs doesn't give us the right to take what we like until it's all used up, and most certainly does not make us the smartest species on the planet.

What hypocrisy to claim to care about animals and then kill them for sport. At least make sure it's a clean kill unlike kangaroo hunters here who were shown on TV gutting the animals while still alive and kicking. Things like that go on all over the world every day, so that was an example, it's not exclusive to this country. It's just blatant human cruelty.

In fact why in rich Western countries is there a need to hunt when food is so plentiful? Fun...right. Blood sport. Killing creatures that can't fight back must feel so good, just like the school bully picking on the little kid. Taking in strays doesn't make up for it.

From Balagor:

For the realy wild animals, other than dogs and cats; let them stay where they belong. In there own enviroment.

Should you give your dog a bullet when it has "committede a crime"? If the alternative is that the authorities demand it should be leashed, I would prefer to kill it. Rather die in freedom, than live in captivity.

Let them stay in their environment, PLUS leave them alone.

I don't believe humans are any better than the rest of the animals since that's where we originated. A great majority of humans certainly don't set much of an example do they? We all come from the same piece of bacterial slime millennia ago and that doesn't give us special privileges. A lot of these problems we bring on ourselves by interfering where we shouldn't.

It's time humans learned to not be so arrogant and take a bit more care of this world, it's creatures and resources because before many years have gone by there won't be much left.

:biggrin: rooster got censored... :whistling:

@Maigrets

Wisely spoken. Kudos. :thumbsup: I can only add that all the trade with wild animals that goes on day after day, illegal or not is not the point, moral or not, is the point.

When do people realize that the beauty of nature does not necessraly come from an exotic part of the world, this beauty can be right out in front of your own window. Rare birds, rare animals, we have so many beautyfull birds and animals ourselves in our own respective contries. :smile:

btw dogs have owners, cats have personel :P (for you @species5478 thanks for a good topic) :thanks:

@Maigrets

Wisely spoken. Kudos. :thumbsup: I can only add that all the trade with wild animals that goes on day after day, illegal or not is not the point, moral or not, is the point.

When do people realize that the beauty of nature does not necessraly come from an exotic part of the world, this beauty can be right out in front of your own window. Rare birds, rare animals, we have so many beautyfull birds and animals ourselves in our own respective contries. :smile:

btw dogs have owners, cats have personel :P (for you @species5478 thanks for a good topic) :thanks:

You're quite right. Morality is the point. Somehow that trait is vanishing day by day.

BTW..

A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself.

~ Josh Billings

Orcas are 6 tons of killer dolphin and dolphins are intelligent, maybe on the level of humans and maybe more so. (The 'experts' don't know.)

Running with the notion that orcas are as smart as people, the orca in question may know it's the boss in the water. It may know it doesn't HAVE to do anything if it doesn't want to. If orcas are that intelligent, this one may know it is not doing what it was meant to do and it's in a place it doesn't belong. It might even be resentful and frustrated. It is in the equivalent of dolphin lock-down. It is exiled from it's species base, it's orca-society stunted emotionally and it may well be the dolphin-equivalent of psychotic. Stack on top of that what orcas are in the wild. They are 27 ft long, 6 ton wolves and they hunt in packs. So with this line of thought, what's swimming around in that giant fish tank in Florida is an intelligent and very dangerous wild animal. It has no business being anywhere near people.

IF orcas are not that intelligent, the one is question is an instinct-driven marine predator. Plopping a human in the water with it is the same as tossing your house cat a rubber mouse with a bell in it. PLAY TIME!

No matter the case, the people who own the Florida marine park have no business being in business. It is obvious from their track record they are inept. THEY have turned an otherwise normal wild animal into a man-killer and they've doomed that orca. It can't be released into the wild. It's socialized to humans and will associate them with being fed when it gets hungry. It doesn't know the body postures, squeaks, clicks and whistles orca pods use when socializing, hunting and mating. Dumping it is morally wrong, cruel to animal and irresponsible to public safety.

The Florida marine park needs to be closed to the public. The animals that can be rehabilitated to the wild need to be radio tagged (so they can be tracked for research/success/failure) and released. As for the killer orca, well... :down:

@Kendo 2

I think I found a "spelling error" in the last sentence. The Florida marine park should not only be closed to the public, but for good. And so should all kind of marine parks and zoo´s. If some of the animals left there can be put back into wild, good. If not, it would be more humane to put them to sleep. No more of this cruelty against animals, no more. :(

Yes, tracked and tagged for research just like The Japanese do to whales in our Southern waters. Tagged with harpoons with grenades attached which co-incidentally explode so they can be used for research.....Oh and eaten since they're dead.

Orcas just like any animals defend their territory just like humans. Whether or not they are intelligent and the consensus seems to be they are, their instinct is to survive just like any creature. In fact when Orca young are born prematurely they resemble a human foetus. They are no more maniac killers than any other predatory creature trying to survive.

They live for up to 90 years(females) and around 60 for males. That's a long time to be a captive in a small pond doing tricks for fish rewards.

Better it dies free in the ocean where it's meant to be. People made it what it is whether that's a rogue killer or an intelligent creature driven mad.