Do we really need video advertisements?

Khet

I know the nature of ads are finicky at best, and sometimes it can be hard to control them... and I understand the reason for ads. They help keep these awesome servers running... but do we really need video advertisements with sound? It's been driving me nuts recently, since I generally have music playing at a generous volume to have these video adds pop up and a few times, I haven't even been able to mute them!

I hate noisy adds also. But as a moderator and premium member I never see them.

Unfortunately the way the adds work is they are contracted through a third party. And what the low life's do is demo one add, then change it to a different one after a while. Dark0ne tries to keep the obnoxious ones off of the Nexus. However as adds are targeted to different regions, Dark0ne is probably never seeing these. If you can give the info on the particular adds that are getting out of bonds to Dark0ne he can get them removed.

Detail as in screenshot.

Whenever you take a screenshot of such annoying ads, you should feel like a moderator that has just issued a helping of the ban hammer to that advertising company because Dark0ne will execute with extreme prejudice...but typically requires a screenshot. :thumbsup:

You just have to treat it like another game.

LHammonds

What info is required? I've just gone to three pages and gotten three different ones, two from an Interactive Advertisement... and one was a youtube music video. Savannah Outen Official Goodbyes Video.

I've been seeing these video ads on almost every, or at the least every other page I've gone to.... and with my habit of popping open multiple tabs of potential downloads it can get very hectic.

Edit: Ahh, caught me as I posted. Post 'em here or PM them to someone?

What is it advertising?

Some hot sauce called "redhot" that spice things up.

Other ad at 01.40, a video of 2.34min (wtf) showing a top 10 of the stars of the decade.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/waffen_ss84/ad03.png

Airwick

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/waffen_ss84/ad02.png