Downloading issues update

Dark0ne

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely having a better time at downloading content now that I've purchased a premium account, but I've noticed serious downloading issues. It seems that connections to and from the client to the server are meeting some sort of networking block. I have checked my firewall and ports on my router and my computer, but nothing should be impeding it at all. I'm not entirely sure as to the reasoning for this, but its sort of annoying.

I also have an issue where downloads randomly drop or state that an error occurred trying to download the file. It must be the file server issues because I've never had such issues before in the several years that I've used Nexus.

Thank you to the staff who work so damn hard at this unforgiving job. ^^ I'm an IT Professional and I know that maintaining file servers can be such a hassle. Love you Nexus! <3

Edited by djgaia86

In response to post #17111129. #17134969, #17156279 are all replies on the same post.

From what I recall from past reports of this issue it was something to do with your preferences, namely your feed settings for the tabs on the front page.

I can't remember if it was to do with specific mods on your tracking list or something, but I do remember people playing around with their settings for the tabs displayed on the front page fixed it.

As far as I know it's a known issue, but I'm not sure how far they got in nailing it down and fixing it.

I know I, myself, have never experienced issues in the past with downloads. In the very recent months I have now been continually getting server interruptions, which stop my downloads even through the NMM, and ultimately cause me to end up with a corrupted download. Only time I don't see this issue, is if the file is so small that the download is nearly instantaneous. I am hoping for a fix for this, since the nexus is one of the few reliable places for mods left.

In response to post #17111129. #17134969, #17156279, #17167904 are all replies on the same post.

Thanks a lot, I tried editing the feed settings and manage to fix it. This was a problem for me for a while.

In response to post #16966494. #16967594, #16992269, #16997774, #17067284, #17074519, #17076184, #17081344, #17085469, #17086239, #17142079, #17226674 are all replies on the same post.

No matter how great something is someone will complain about it. Even though they'd said they don't and won't use it while they are actually using it just to troll the community. Then act like they have the moral high ground of their freedom of speech being threatened when that same community comes down on them. This comment was not merely an opinion it was meant to be inflammatory and was completely useless.
The Nexus are innovative and ambitious and the service they provide for free is almost hard to believe. Their quick and ever growing expansion marks them as game modding pioneers. It is a challenge they undertake and provide the spoils of that should be admired and not condemned.
Not to mention they are not owned by some major corporation and are still technically in their beta stages of development. What they have been able to accomplish is actually kind of remarkable, hence the reason Nexus is the most popular PC game modding community around to my knowledge.

In response to post #16966494. #16967594, #16992269, #16997774, #17067284, #17074519, #17076184, #17081344, #17085469, #17086239, #17142079, #17226674, #17240004 are all replies on the same post.

You guys are blowing things way out of hand here. Let's be realistic - premium membership is a donation, with a few extra perks, nothing more. You still have the same access to the site's mods as a free member.

Every website has it's share of issues. Do I think Nexus expanded a little too large, a little too fast? Yes, but that's just my opinion. I don't run the site anymore than you guys do. So as many others would say - accept that the site will have issues every so often and enjoy it (the sites and their content) as best you can, or go elsewhere for your mod needs.

There is a feedback thread in the forums - if you must sound off on a site-related issue that you perceive as an annoyance, do it there - complaining about issues with the site in one of the news articles isn't likely to get your issue noticed.

I appreciate the hard work the Nexus crew does for the sites, just like I appreciate the hard work the talented modders put into the mods - to them I say thank you.

Edited by Thandal

Let's not try to knock the site too harshly, problems suck yeah, but these people work really hard to keep this site up and running. I don't know about anyone else but I've had uncountable hours of fun out of my copy of skyrim......for free....so yeah Good job nexus team keep it up!!!!!