Interesting AI action in Rivet City

tgp1994

I was just playing, and so far, I didn't really think the AI was all that special. My robot companion seems to have bad path finding, and in general the local citizens in any town don't seem that smart in an AI perspective. But I was in Rivet City at one point, it seems like either the morning or night, since people were entering and leaving their rooms. I slipped into someone's room just as their were leaving it, closing the door behind them. Thinking that I could do whatever I wanted to in their room, I began to go for their computer. But then I heard the door open, with the owner of the room clearing their throat, for me to get out. That surprised me.

After that, I wish the game's stability was as good as the AI programming.

Here let me show you some great AI, game mechanics and beautiful animations, taking place on a beautiful post apocalyptic landscape.

I especially love the floating guy at 1:16

Heh, that's pretty good. I don't see what's wrong with the landsacpe, though :S (You are being sarcastic, right?)

Well, ok. The game sucks. Too bad the company doesn't give a darn and release a mega patch to fix crashes, and other stuff... or if they don't care about it any more, release the game's source so someone else will.

(You are being sarcastic, right?)

Well, ok. The game sucks. Too bad the company doesn't give a darn and release a mega patch to fix crashes, and other stuff... or if they don't care about it any more, release the game's source so someone else will.

In more ways than one ;)

The game is great. It's Fallout after all. It's the people that don't question anything and accept things as they are that suck. They want more and more, yet the barebones does not function at all. Bethesda release DLC after DLC, and none of the fans of the game are bothered by these kind of things which happen all over and under the wasteland. I guess this is what capitalism and washed brains is all about. Why wouldn't people see the obvious? They go even more far and defend these kind of things that happen in Fallout3. They say they are not firing their guns because they are in the water. I'd say why the hell aren't they using their fists to fight in the water or trying to drawn each other by strength and endurance checks? Or why isn't the weak character trying reach land and run away by agility and endurance checks?

Instead, the bad guys in the water hurl curses at each other that have no meaning because they are ducks (or sheep) swimming in water.

This didn't happen in Rivet City and it's no AI thing either,

but did anyone but me ever had this VANILLA (!) experience,

when accidently spying some NPCs outdoors (i wont tell

which faction). Some weird thing is going on an someone

is saying:

"Pain is your friend. Pain is your only friend. Pain is your friend."

going a bit far to say the game is vapid or ruined in any way by strange NPC interactions. most RPGs i tend to pick up don't even have "NPC interactions" to remonstrate or praise to begin with. most games tend to follow the FPS-rule of NPCs stand still until you come into shooting range, then they shoot. thats all :) atleast they have life to some extent in them, even if it's buggy. i think i prefer the oblivion AI to fallout where NPCs speak to eachother and such however.

i think i prefer the oblivion AI to fallout where NPCs speak to eachother and such however.

Er, what? The NPCs' conversations amongst themselves is much improved over the ones in Oblivion. They still don't have much to talk about, but at least they don't get into seemingly endless loops.

i think i prefer the oblivion AI to fallout where NPCs speak to eachother and such however.

Er, what? The NPCs' conversations amongst themselves is much improved over the ones in Oblivion. They still don't have much to talk about, but at least they don't get into seemingly endless loops.

"Good evening"

"I saw a mudcrab the other day"

"Goodbye"

"Hello"

"Good evening"

"I saw a mudcrab the other day"

"Goodbye"

"Hello"

I like your signature :P