Why are Thieves on the Road so Stupid?

LeddBate

I had that happen to me last night, a khajiit, and i love the khajiit's, accosted me in the middle of the night.I would have liked to have set him on a different path,one that would have given him a new vision,a new life but, alas, instead i had to remove his head from his shoulders.A pity that...

I'd rather drag them back to Whiterun strip them of their weapons, tie them to a post and let Braith have at 'em. Heck, let Lars Battleborn take a few pokes too, he might even grow a pair.

All kidding aside, it does get annoying after a while, just having to endure that dialogue again and again. Now, if see them before they get close enough to initiate the dialogue ( you can often see them lurking down the road with both of their weapons at the ready, or, running towards you with bad intent) I put a couple of arrows into them.

I'd rather drag them back to Whiterun strip them of their weapons, tie them to a post and let Braith have at 'em. Heck, let Lars Battleborn take a few pokes too, he might even grow a pair.

All kidding aside, it does get annoying after a while, just having to endure that dialogue again and again. Now, if see them before they get close enough to initiate the dialogue ( you can often see them lurking down the road with both of their weapons at the ready, or, running towards you with bad intent) I put a couple of arrows into them.

It does get pretty repetitive.

It does get a little annoying.I've had them start that in the middle of a dragon attack,the dummies.Ahh, excuse me but this is not the time....

I agree, hate thieves hittin me up for gold when it should be clear that they're dead meat.

Thing is this feeling goes a lot further for me, interactions with NPC's in towns/keeps what have you...Honestly around the time you can slaughter the inhabitants of a town is about the right time its people should be kissing up to the DragonBorn at all times.

Thankfully I don't run into too many knee jerking moments in towns but the highest on my list has got to be the Whiterun Kids especially the ones in the Keep. For that I just consul command their butt right out of existence. I have honestly considered making a mod that removed annoying NPC's so that I wont have to deal with them in future playthroughs.

Im thankful for reduced comments mods.

When I deal with thieves and other stupid hostiles I have some mods in my LO that let me punish them quite a bit in ways that make you guys seem pretty tame through :D

Thing is NPC's like the thief don't scale well and as you get powerful at around level 20 it'd be nice if the smart mouth crap just stopped at the very least.

Hmm, thieves are simply poor, they need money so badly they'll risk their life, and word has gotten around, they know you have mountains full of gold and they go "Hmmpf the 20 other thieves couldn't take em! It's my time to shine!"

That, or too much mead and/or skooma has given them some "liquid courage". :smile:

I kind of want to instead of killing them leave them to bleed out state and then once they regen beg me not to kill them and admit my awesomeness,no? Just me? Okay then.

I think there are yield mods that'll kinda do that, though they generally apply to all NPCs, or all nonessential ones. Edited by AaronOfMpls

Got yourself a new rug then, or a cloak? Perhaps a full fur outfit it you feel like it.

SNARF!

If I could mod, I would make one that lets you recover the pelt of a Khajiit (bandit, vampire or other enemy) same way you get a pelt from killing wolves, bears, foxes, sabre cats, etc.

Just for (more) laughs, wearing something made from a Khajiit hide should be recognizable by any Khajiit you encounter -with interesting conversation possiblities...

"This one will throw up on you now, you sick bast... BLLAARRRGH, WRETCH, koff, koff."

Got yourself a new rug then, or a cloak? Perhaps a full fur outfit it you feel like it.

SNARF!

If I could mod, I would make one that lets you recover the pelt of a Khajiit (bandit, vampire or other enemy) same way you get a pelt from killing wolves, bears, foxes, sabre cats, etc.

Just for (more) laughs, wearing something made from a Khajiit hide should be recognizable by any Khajiit you encounter -with interesting conversation possiblities...

"This one will throw up on you now, you sick bast... BLLAARRRGH, WRETCH, koff, koff."

Um . . . there is a mod that accomplishes the "wearable khajiit" part

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56539/?

Um . . . there is a mod that accomplishes the "wearable khajiit" part

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56539/?

Thanks! Too bad you have to console it. Still would like to put in some sort of NPC Khajiit reaction in conversation. Those photos are hilarious though.