Morrowind Destroyed

galerionmystic

So how could that tiny rock obliterate the whole island? Especially since it was pretty close to land, so no big falls and anything. It just isn't logical, at least to me.

This is what I thought, it doesn't make any sense.

It's a matter of weight and reaction. It's not made of foam, who knows how heavy it was. The lore says it's some object from 'Oblivion' and taken that all weapons are already quite heavy imagine a large rock of it. Vivec held it until he couldn't anymore and with the book it's finalizing it's course. And if you love the domino effect, one little earthquake can destroy a city, but if it triggers something else it could destroy a whole region. Here it's not in the form of a larger earthquake but a vulcano.

If you want to know more about the moon, look for :Baar Dau:, sheogorath was apparently behind it.

In the book they said it destroyed so much as it was like it's fall had never been interupted, so it continued traveling at the same speed it had been before, and it crashing into the island caused Red Mountain to erupt which caused the sea around to boil... So yeah, we won't be going there in a while.

In the book they said it destroyed so much as it was like it's fall had never been interupted, so it continued traveling at the same speed it had been before, and it crashing into the island caused Red Mountain to erupt which caused the sea around to boil... So yeah, we won't be going there in a while.

Now it makes more sense, it would need to be travelling at a tremendous velocity to do that much damage.

• 1 month later...

Now it makes more sense, it would need to be travelling at a tremendous velocity to do that much damage.

And that makes it's size and position to be correct as we seen it in Morrowind, since even such a small meteorite flying at high speeds could destroy a lot.

• 1 month later...

As far as I'm aware it's set 200 years in the future, and the next Elder Scrolls is about 50 years in the future, so it hasn't happened yet.

There's no exact date yet, but it only happens a handful of years after the events of Oblivion.

Timeline.

It is 4 decades after Oblivion to be exact. If the next Elder Scrolls really sets 50 years after, then the novel would be the prelude to Elder Scrolls V.

Also, from what I read, the Baar Dau a.k.a Ministry of Truth destroyed only Vivec and it's surrounding. The eruption of Red Mountain messed up the rest, and the Argonian finishes them off.

Yeah it shucks. The Dunmer is my favorite race also. :confused:

In a fantasy game set in an imaginary world, everything is subject to change. Even the end of the world may be postponed for another game.

...or could be completely reversed through magical means in "The Elder Scrolls VI: Morrowind Resurrection".