⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Morrowind Destroyed

galerionmystic

• 2 weeks later...

Vivec didn't freeze it in place, he was constantly exerting force equal to that of the moon against it.

nope.

zero net force = constant velocity due to inertia. he would have to exert a far greater force to decelerate it to a zero velocity

after the meteor resumed it's fall it would have to have experienced some external force to accelerate it back to the original speed (could be a magical force or w/e)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

As far as I'm aware it's set 200 years in the future, and the next Elder Scrolls is about 50 years in the future, so it hasn't happened yet.

There's no exact date yet, but it only happens a handful of years after the events of Oblivion.

Timeline.

It is 4 decades after Oblivion to be exact. If the next Elder Scrolls really sets 50 years after, then the novel would be the prelude to Elder Scrolls V.

Also, from what I read, the Baar Dau a.k.a Ministry of Truth destroyed only Vivec and it's surrounding. The eruption of Red Mountain messed up the rest, and the Argonian finishes them off.

Yeah it shucks. The Dunmer is my favorite race also. :confused:

So does that mean that this maybe some sort of introduction to Skyrim?

I mean like the little movie at the beginning, or "Previously in Elder Scrolls"?

If it's not mentioned in Skyrim, I guess I don't really care.

But if it's in all the books etc, I'll be a bit annoyed as I read all the books.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As far as I'm aware it's set 200 years in the future, and the next Elder Scrolls is about 50 years in the future, so it hasn't happened yet.

Skyrim is hundreds of years in the future, well after the devastation of Morrowind. There's actually a town consisting of mostly refugee Dunmer to the far east, near the Morrowind border. Devs say this will have a Morrowind inspired architecture, although I'm not entirely sure what that means. Just look at Chydeinhal and the influence there... Yeah. That would be disappointing to me. I'd hope there'd be a bit of a stronger design flair than that.

There has been whispers that there are still colonies in the Telvani islands to the far east, and Dunmer refugees waging war on the Skaal so they can possess all of Solthestein. I'm not sure how much of that is confirmed and how much is just whispers though. In an ironic twist of fate, some of the Dres to the far south survived too, albeit as Argonian slaves (although they were mostly butchered while the Argonians were still in zombie-murder-mode). :P

Edited by Antilurk

• 3 weeks later...

On that note, did anyone else think the novels were poorly written? I read better novels in-game, honestly...

I mean, a floating continent with a kitchen that cooks "soul food" (forgive my pun) is almost the entire basis for the first book. A bit outlandish...even for Elder Scrolls...

Also, do we even have an exact time when these events take place? 40, 50, 100 years after Oblivion? 100000 years? (By then it's probably be Fallout, but you get what I mean.)

• 6 months later...

Having read this thread, I found that one fact wasn't mentioned by anyone: the moon was hollowed out. Yes, I see that other events took place, which did most of the destructive work. That said, I'm still surprised that nobody mentioned it.

Apologies if this constitutes thread necromancy.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I have Morrowind Interactive Map. The hovering prison appears the same size as the primary Temple. If the prison was a thousand feet in diameter [as the interior suggest], or about the same size of the Temple platform and a thousand feet above, it would only distroy St Deyn, St Olm, the Temple and Palace. The resulting sunami would smash Ebonheart, flood the other cantons, Omani Manor and purhaps Seyda Neen. The size of distruction applied in the book would be an exstinction level event. But, then again who could argue against Marvel comic type sensationalism over educated facts?