Why does everyone here seem and/or say they kill Loghain every time?

SpellAndShield

I think I first heard the term "Good on you" spoken by Spike on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Who was a British character, but was written by American writers and played by an American actor.

Other than that, I've also heard it used by a distinctly Australian shark in the movie Finding Nemo.

But I've also heard it used by other people here in the US. They may have picked it up from one of the above sources, I dunno.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do not wish to be included in a discussion then please stay out of it.

If you bothered to read back, instead of immediately going on the defensive, you would notice I HAD been participating in the discussion, happily so, answering the question that was originally posed up UNTIL the point at which Stardusk decided to turn this thread into yet another platform from which to regurgitate the same tired rants.

If there's any rudeness here, it's in the fact that Stardusk asked for opinions, and then rather than discussing those opinions, used the discussion as a soapbox from which to pontificate wiith his utterly unoriginal diatribes.

No need for such language madam, I have not spoken to you that way.

I apologise if my desire to discuss seems like a rant. I for one have had NO opportunity to discuss such things with people.

And in any event, it is all in good fun; neither Alistair nor Loghain mean so much to me that this needs to turn into something it should not.

The more discussion here at this forum the better, whether it be repeating topics/themes/about Loghain or not.

This is the only forum I come to talk/read about Dragon Age, after only finally getting the game a little while ago, I don't know what other good DA forums are out there. Since getting it, I love this game, and I want to talk about it, but here there are really only a few posts every now and then.

So Stardusk likes Loghain, and likes discussing the character, good on him! I personally can't stand Loghain, instead I have what would be an obsession with Zevran :biggrin: If I had my way, every thread would be about him :teehee:

This forum is slow as it is, - without Stardusk here starting these topics, this place would be even slower, in terms of activity.

If you want to talk about Zevran, I am game. I like him a lot myself. :biggrin:

Do we really need another round of "Alistair suxxors!/Loghain roxxors!" trolling? I mean, seriously.

If you think a member is breaking the rules, use the REPORT button.

elooocin, have you seen how many threads Stardusk has started his/herself on this first page of the spoiler section alone

Creating topics is not against the site rules unless they fall into a category like SPAM or advertisements.

and how many of them discuss Alistair and/or Loghain and how many of them devolve into the "Alistair sucks/Loghain rocks"?

Again, use the REPORT button if a member is breaking site rules...however, everyone has their own agenda when they create a topic or reply to one which is not against the rules in and of itself.

Finally, it's been done to death. It's tired. Even those of us who haven't been playing the game very long are over. it.

One person's trash is another person's treasure. Don't assume everyone is at the same point you are...because not everyone will be.

...up UNTIL the point at which Stardusk decided to turn this thread into yet another platform from which to regurgitate the same tired rants.If there's any rudeness here, it's in the fact that Stardusk asked for opinions, and then rather than discussing those opinions, used the discussion as a soapbox from which to pontificate wiith his utterly unoriginal diatribes.

This paragraph stinks of somebody getting upset and bordering on the edge of a personal attack. I am hoping you have cooled down by now and see that this was getting too close to an edge that requires me to take some kind of official action.

LHammonds

Actually "good on you" was used in the states a lot until about WWII (here's the history major coming out). Most often used in conjunction at a specific person like "good on you, son."

People used to say good evening as well...I rather miss that.

Actually "good on you" was used in the states a lot until about WWII (here's the history major coming out). Most often used in conjunction at a specific person like "good on you, son."

People used to say good evening as well...I rather miss that.

Ah, yes. Walter Cronkite: "good morning, good evening, and good night."

Oh man, I want to say 'Good on you' to someone now! I am so using it on my guy when he gets home tonight, I will find a reason!!

But yeah this is the only place I can come and discuss DA:O too, had a brief moment when the game first came out where people on one of my forums were spazzing over DA:O but now no one cares anymore *weeps* So I am beyond thrilled to have found this place and have people who let me spazz over the amazing characters and beyond awesome game even if I do sometimes repeat myself! :woot:

And this thread has gotten so off topic ... I blame Wolf, who's with me?!?!? :teehee:

*shares my Biscoff & Coffee with people*

I let loghain live once for the achievement, after I get that, I gut him myself everytime. He is a tactical nightmare waiting to happen, and a traitor. Now I hear all the time about second chances, but in the case of your treason causing someone's death, then no, just not going to take the chance that sometime in the near future he won't suddenly decide he knows better than me about how things should be done. That would just make us all end up in the same place again, but this time with him having warden authority. That being said, I don't like Alistair anymore than him either. If I need a warrior in my party, I put Sten in his armour, toss him at the front, and let his sword do the talking, he is the best warrior character out of the bunch, and I dread the day when he leaves me alone with the rest of the rejects that also call themselves such.

I totally agree with you ron (is it ron? or should I go with roninsoul?), and that is one thing I forgot to mention earlier that you jogged in my lack of coffee head - How could Loghain ever under any circumstances follow me? He has had the ear of Maric for years and years and became the hero of Ferelden, there is no way he could follow along after my little Grey Warden after all that has happened in his life. Not to mention he never trusted the Wardens even in the books (granted I have never read the books, though I have them on my list of books to buy, but from what I have heard from others that is the case), so how could he follow along taking orders from my Warden?

A man like Loghain doesn't just follow along without interjections - he would be worse than 10 Alistairs!!