Why does everyone here seem and/or say they kill Loghain every time?

SpellAndShield

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What stardusk says is completely untrue about a villian who thinks they are doing the right. All villains think they are in the right. If they didn't think they were in the right they would have severe emotional problems afterward.

Also I kill off Loghain every time because I dislike the male without a father. There is only room for one living Ferelden hero and he's a Cousland!

Also I kill off Loghain every time because I dislike the male without a father.

I'm confused. You say you kill Loghain because you dislike a male without a father when Loghain had a father. Everyone has one, they may or may not be married to the mother but to assume that they don't would imply something of a Biblical or at least Star Wars situation, which is not the case here. Stolen Throne spoiler ahead...

Loghain's father Gareth was a great man. He took a group of refugees, protected them and until Maric showed up, kept them from harm. Before they knew who Maric was, he prevented Loghain from killing Maric. He and many others died so that Maric could live and become king and sent his son Loghain to protect him and Maric knighted him for the deed.

If you base your hate on fatherhood you may want to direct it toward Maric's line as his father has never been mentioned.

I'm confused. You say you kill Loghain because you dislike a male without a father when Loghain had a father. Everyone has one, they may or may not be married to the mother but to assume that they don't would imply something of a Biblical or at least Star Wars situation, which is not the case here. Stolen Throne spoiler ahead...

Loghain's father Gareth was a great man. He took a group of refugees, protected them and until Maric showed up, kept them from harm. Before they knew who Maric was, he prevented Loghain from killing Maric. He and many others died so that Maric could live and become king and sent his son Loghain to protect him and Maric knighted him for the deed.

If you base your hate on fatherhood you may want to direct it toward Maric's line as his father has never been mentioned.

The only real mistake here RustyBlade would be yours do to a filter on this forum. This forum as I now know uses a word filter to replace a word with it's "Polite" meaning. So my derogatory word towards Loghain was instantly transformed from what I actually said into the wrong definition! Now for what I actually put was a certain word that has a few meanings. One of them is a fatherless child. The other meaning which I wanted to convey is a vicious, despicable, or thoroughly disliked person.

Storywise I think recruiting Loghain should have some lines to Alistair like, "Didn't you tell me the Grey Wardens do "whatever it takes" to win the fight against the darkspawn?" Or something along those lines.

The lines given to you if you want Loghain are terrible for persuading Alistair to stay with you.

So I can never abandon the guy who has fought with my character for so long, it just doesn't feel right. Even though I would love for Loghain to redeem himself and be a Grey Warden :<.

The only real mistake here RustyBlade would be yours do to a filter on this forum. This forum as I now know uses a word filter to replace a word with it's "Polite" meaning. So my derogatory word towards Loghain was instantly transformed from what I actually said into the wrong definition! Now for what I actually put was a certain word that has a few meanings. One of them is a fatherless child. The other meaning which I wanted to convey is a vicious, despicable, or thoroughly disliked person.

So why not just call him a b******? Seems simpler and there less room for confusion; the word is censored but its meaning is known. Another alternative would have been to call him a "motherless [censored] [censored] [censored] with a penchant for [censored] [censored]" :wink: :laugh: Since Alistair is a b****** child by definition you would not be insulting him and all other b******* (plural) by grouping them with Loghain.

I didn't intend to see Loghain killed. It was a total surpise to me. I thought chose Alistair thinking he would fight but in the end be mercyfull. I was shocked LOL

Yeah, Alistair is pretty easy-going about almost everything else, but not about Duncan! (Think there's a little replacement Father-figure going on there?) Myself, I was shocked by what happened the first time (after several other playthroughs) I spared Loghain. Had no idea Big Al would storm off. Was expecting a hit to Approval, maybe even a massive one, but not that! :pinch: After all, Riordan is right, during a Blight we need every Warden we can get.

Plus, (although unbeknownst to Alistair at the time), it would have provided someone else to make the US! The one time I really needed him to waffle on an issue, and he rears up on his hind legs and gets so stubborn he cuts off my nose, as well as his own! :wallbash:

So why not just call him a b******? Seems simpler and there less room for confusion; the word is censored but its meaning is known. Another alternative would have been to call him a "motherless [censored] [censored] [censored] with a penchant for [censored] [censored]" :wink: :laugh: Since Alistair is a b****** child by definition you would not be insulting him and all other b******* (plural) by grouping them with Loghain.

Lol well like I said I had no idea that the webby used a filter on it until you mentioned it haha. At first I thought I had been typing something else then changed my mind and forgot to remove it.