It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time

Maharg67

I have changed language dictionaries and am in the process of changing spelling from American to International English standards. Example civilization becomes civilisation and color becomes colour.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/immortal2-1-1.jpg

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 123.1[188]

There was a meeting between the entities that called themselves the Nine Divines, who were worshipped in different ways in the Terran Overworld but who were not based there. It was a mystery to them how they had become worshipped there, along with the Thirteen Divines of the Templedom. They were focused in Mundus, a zone at phase distance with the rest of Sol System, where the laws of nature had some unique variations allowing for the use of magic and other exotic powers.

At the same time the GrandTARDIS materialised in Terran Low Orbit but out of phase with localised timespace. All those in the GrandTARDIS where trapped inside and were unable to observe what was taking place outside.

The meeting with the Havenlands Emperor was delayed as the Prime Empress found herself becoming part of meaningless negotiations with the Emperor's High Adviser, High Advocate and High Assistant. The Emperor surrounded himself with layers of such entities that made up a strict hierarchy of castes very different from normal Havenlander ways of doing things.

The siege war, against Hunkerdown City in Junglenam, continued.

An announcement was made, internationally through out the Known Ordered World, that the Havenlands was to soon hold a very special press conference.

Edited by Maharg67

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/immortal2-1-1.jpg

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 124.1[188]

Researching the Obvious

Empress Amanda led others into the great throne room of the Havenlands Emperor. Except that neither he or his great throne were there. Much had been taken from the throne room. What remained was less portable of great value, less valuable items of smaller size, along with a whole lot of dead bodies. Prime Empress Evatane was dying as were a few other, more powerful and 'gifted' individuals, along with some they had tried to protect. Despite those, and other efforts of escape and self defence, it had been a massacre of over 200 people and 20 animals.

Evatane was very angry and deeply hurt. She would survive but would take over a year even to begin to really get back to her full prime. She spoke weakly as she lay with her head in Empress Amanda's lap. "My husband, the monster, had others and myself fooled. The Triguardians, and other elites, tried to warn me about him, and those with him, but I refused to listen. Was it the blindness of love, of hope, or did he mesmerise me somehow. He is not unlifen, as he pretended, but a terrible form of undeath. Yet he hates and fears the Great Enemy. He, and those who directly serve him, seem to be criminally insane. They were partly behind the creation of the gravity-globes, the sending of foolish groups to Luna, the launching of comet-projectiles from Luna to Terra and much else. Emperor Danvuffion III spoke vaguely of such operations being partly decoy actions and partly designed to assist other operations that he would not speak of."

The Great Imperial Palace had held many treasures, accumulated over thousands of years, and while most of them remained a good deal had been stolen. Amongst items stolen were ancient artefacts of the kind not protected by the Triguardians or so it seemed.

From the depths of the Great Imperial Palace came Triguards, an elite caste linked to the Triguardians, in super power armour. They had stopped the twisted followers of the Havenlands Emperor from getting hold of a large vault full of such artefacts though the brutal battle had seen deaths of three of the ancient warriors.

Edited by Maharg67

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 124.2[189]

Researching the Obvious

The Triguards had some curious information to give forth. One came forth, the highest in command there, and she spoke for the five platoons there of Triguards. "Once five of our scouts were able to spy upon the Emperor's Throne Room through ancient, mostly forgotten, optical-audio tubes. We were able to pick up that Empress Evatane was speaking treason with Emperor Danvuffion III, was making plans to be wounded so that she might remain here and spy upon what was going on here."

Evatane was sleeping and so it was Empress Amanda who spoke. "Evatane is no traitor. We, the Empress, we have suspected the Emperor for some decades. We had tried to convince the monster that we were willing to go along with his treason. We failed! That is why Evatane came so close to being killed."

The Triguard responded dryly. "So you say but the Trijudicators will be summoned the the Empress, all thirteen of you, will be suspended from your authority and duties."

Amanda frowned. "Meaning that when we are most needed, by our people, we will be unable to do anything."

Armstrong, alias the Eternal Seeker, then spoke. "Amanda, your guilt is clear to the True Eternals. You so fear the Great Enemy, the return of his oppressive power over you, that you have allied yourself with monsters. You have been deceived, yes, but you have also been deceptive. Haventasa, the home world of your people that is also in the Sol System, does not exist. Question is where did you intend to take your peoples, other life and so much else? What are your real plans?"

Amanda shrugged. "We did what we had to do to survive. Haventasa lies in another solar system, across two phase shifts and over 20 light years from here along with a long series of transdimensional translations. We serve the ones that are misnamed, who are most clever as many layers of deception."

Armstrong nodded. "The LittleFatFamily! Yet the story is not so straight forward, is it?"

Edited by Maharg67

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 124.3[190]

Researching the Obvious

Amanda shrugged. "The LittleFatFamily has always been a puzzle to we Havenlanders, even back when he had another name. They have told us that we can have our old home world back, being Haventasa, though not our ancient home worlds back. Those were the basis of our existence when we served the LittleFatFamily, who also had a different name back then, who in turn served the Great Enemy who was known as the Grand Celestial Godhood. We would not have abandoned this world to struggle on alone but would have left here many millions to assist. The Great Enemy is trying to smash its way out of the Coreworld that can be found, as one, deep inside many worlds, both planets and moons."

Armstrong sighed. "I wish to remain married to you, to keep loving you, but we will have to work through some issues."

Amanda looked surprised. "I feel the same way. You spoke to me once of Sanctum, the sanctuary of sanctuaries; could most of my peoples go there to find safety?"

Armstrong nodded. "I think some kind of arrangement can be made."

Captain Jack Harkness sighed. "When a True Eternal speaks it is wise to listen 99 times and then to carefully check again what has been said at least another 99 times or so goes an ancient saying."

Amanda frowned. "I know Jack, it was my peoples who created that saying in the first place, but I trust my husband that he will do the best he can for we Havenlanders along with many other peoples."

Edited by Maharg67

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 125.1[191]

The Havenlander Empress held a press conference and gave out information that was often a great shock to the Known Ordered World and even to most Havenlanders. The domes were structures holding in hordes of the undead. One whole 'quarter of the world' outside of the Known Ordered World was Havenlander. They spoke of the Grand Barrier Walls and of the Grand Barrier Floor. They exposed the existence of the transdimensional Coreworld that existed in many worlds as one, being wrapped by Underworlds. They spoke of the Great Enemy that was imprisoned inside the Coreworld.

It was revealed that there had been four OldEarths, they being Alternate Earths. One had been humans of the old Terra. Another had been Havenlander. The other two were not spoken of at that time but more information would be revealed in the near future. During the Timespace Transformation, as triggered by the Timespace Event, the four worlds had 'blended, adapted, evolved' to become the NewEarth that was known as Terra by many, but not by all, on the much larger world. The way that the NewEarth turned out was not all accidental, such as the gravity staying the same, as outside forces had intervened to guide the process.

Such forces had not been in total agreement but had managed to make the NewEarth much more survivable for most. Some of those were the Orbis, the True Eternals and the LittleFatFamily. Many believed that GodGoddess him-herself helped to protect life, to make living easier.

The siege of Hunkerdown City, in Junglenam, was growing increasingly more savage as more factions joined the battle. Most were trying to defend the city, for their own reasons, from the great horde of monstrous undead, and traitors to the living, who were attacking it. It had become apparent, to many, that the nature of Junglenam meant that it was transdimensionally 'closer' to the Coreworld than were 'normal' areas of timespace. It seemed that the Great Enemy was trying to break out 'through Junglenam'.

Edited by Maharg67

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 125.1[191]
Junglenam Scattered War

Enemy ripple rockets pounded the fortified supercity, along with howitzer shells and other mass fire-power of a more standard kind. Then there were the bizarre weapons of the undead hurling burning acid upon the reinforced concrete and metal, dropping tiny, small and not so small undead things onto the city.

Power armoured soldiers fought on both sides but most were defenders along with tracked, wheeled or hovering fanjet using war-machines that were often robots. Machineguns, autocannons and missile launchers were fired in both directions. Pulseflamers, and pulselasers, were only used by the defenders. They swept away waves of zombies, basically armoured-armed ghouls and low flying vampires. Palefanes came in power armour and so did traitor, to life, mercenaries and Truelifen Cult Followers. There were necrovat created necrolifen monsters.

In the massive destructive madness, the Eternal Warrior had appeared, almost as if she had always been there. StarMarshal Gloria Gloriana almost naturally took command of the defence, and counter attacks, of the city forces. She brought with her thousands of power armoured elite soldiers, combat androids, battle robots and other forces including service-support units. With her people came more equipment and supplies, mostly supplies, for the civilian population as well as the military.

The StarMarshal sat in the command chamber, over seeing 3Dscreens, holographic map tables, other sources of data including advisers. She sat in a big armoured chair, in her special power armour that linked her to many network-systems.

"There are millions of the undead out there and they keep on coming." Marshal Mantano spoke out. He was the highest commanding officer of the United Nations Junglenam Military Corps, had been in charge until Gloria Gloriana had shown up. Then he had 'sensed', had known of her greater experience and skills as commander, and had quietly supported her taking over.

Already she had pushed the enemy back away from the city, had defeated enemy infiltration sabotage attempts, had launched a series of success counter attacks and hit-run raids. Yet even she was appalled by the sheer size of the enemy forces arrayed against them.

Edited by Maharg67

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 125.2[192]
Junglenam Scattered War

Mantano: "It appears the enemy seeks to help free the Great Enemy."

Gloria: "We do not know that for sure. We have learned that there are great undeathly forces opposed to the freeing up of the Great Enemy. Beneath this supercity is the AraComplex expanding as it absorbs splinters of its old self. That is where my force, and myself, came from. Above that, and deep down in the city, is a great vault that holds many GrandAncient power-artefacts. My people are getting into that vault and sending everything that they find to the AraComplex. There is a great, brutal and challenging game being played out on many levels of which a large number are beyond the comprehension of mortals or even of lesser immortals."

Mantano shrugged. "I prefer to leave such matters to those like you, Eternal Warrior."

The StarMarshal turned her head to look at him. "I never told you of my true identity. I have told none in Hunkerdown City of it."

At that he nodded. "I am of Unity, of the Cellnetworks, and we had a shared vision of your coming to our, and our allies, rescue here. We had a vision of the possible use of a nuclear warhead against the city, but with out any information of who would send such a devastating attack. It would certainly wipe out many of the enemy undead."

The StarMarshal nodded. "We also received the vision, which was a warning from the Orbis itself, that channelled it from... one of the 'higher celestial factions'. We have already stopped one attempt to launch a nuclear missile at the city, from another location in the great jungles of Junglenam. To stop others we are putting into place a force dome network-system to protect Hunkerdown from any such attacks in future; that will not stop us from trying to stop such attacks before they start."

Mantano nodded. "That is very good news but you are a fool for I am an infiltrator living weapon. I live to die for the great cause. I will detonate and kill you, thus weakening greatly the defences of the supercity." Then he stopped, looking puzzled. "I change my mind; I do not want to die for the 'great cause'. In fact I do not even know what the 'great cause is'. I am not even the real Marshal Mantano."

Gloria smiled at him. "He is fine and will be back in action soon. You are an innocent clone victim so it is off to Sanctum you go, to live a reasonably good life."

Which was when he vanished with a shimmering effect.

Edited by Maharg67

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 125.3[193]
Junglenam Scattered War

Thousands of elemental, and other kinds of dragons, swarmed out of the sky and blasted the attacking forces with many energy weapons and physical ones. They launched the assault with devastating precision and force, turning the enemy efforts into chaos.

As this happened the enemy command lost its control over the great number of zombies, and other lesser undead plus necrolifen monsters. These creatures turned upon each other and upon others. Living traitors to life were favoured targets as the undead, and necrolifen, hungered to feed upon them. They also hungered for the palefanes, strange undead living hybrids, but in a lesser fashion.

The siege attempt was destroyed from above, and from the city, but mostly from within as incredible madness broke out. Even with power armour, the mercenaries were soon consumed, as were the cultists, and the palefanes were ended not much later. They destroyed a multitude of undead, and necrolifen, even as they were taken down.

The dragons continued to attack, never going too low for they did not have to do so. There had ever been only a relative minority of flying enemies and they were destroyed even as they attempted to flee or to attack the dragons.

The Eternal Warrior watched calmly but even she was secretly appalled, and amazed, by what she was observing.

To finish off the enemy, from outside of them, from the jungles, came attacking daleks, dinosaur peoples, cybermen, plant-people warriors, plastic autons and others of an army even more exotic than the siege army had been.

Gloria Gloriana decided she would have to go over the battle many times just to fully work out what actually had happened in any real, smaller scale, detail.

Subtitles to be used:

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time (same as the Title above)

A Far More Hidden and Alien Struggle

Choosing a Dark Path

GrandTARDIS Troubles

Junglenam Scattered War

Researching the Obvious

Timelords in Conflict

In the next few story posts I will be focusing on the 'Timelords in Conflict'.

Edited by Maharg67