It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time

Maharg67

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/immortal2-1-1.jpg

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 108.1[162]

Before Everything Changed; As Things Changed

AlphaOmega came to meet the male Bobbie, in the great underground complex beneath Perth. The figure stood there, frowning softly, as he examined the chamber of lifeforms from Junglenam along with other items from there.

Then he turned to speak to Bobbie. "All of the central subcomplex, of this complex, is going to be shifted to the GrandTARDIS, to the ArkCore of the Arkzone that is part of the Corezone of the GrandTARDIS. I need you, Bobbie, to assist against a range of lesser threats driven by a greater threat that has infiltrated the GrandTARDIS. I have also been asked to make sure that when an aspect, of Bobbie of the Genius13, becomes Bobbikine that another male aspect survives as yourself. True time is not fully linear in nature and 'soon' it will flow 'back to the future' to the Twisting. The Twisting has already happened and yet it is also in the future; that is one of the reasons it is called the 'Twisting'."

Bobbie observed as parts of the chamber began to vanish. Robed figures of Timelords, and AraFolk, were moving around with graceful speed. Their task was to send of particular items before the whole subcomplex was sent."

Bobbie spoke with some concern. "We have only begun to really explore this place. There are other subcomplexes that may need taking off to the GrandTARDIS, that you described to us. There may be those who need to be rescued."

AlphaOmega, both AraAncient and Timelord, spoke. "You, and your suspersoldiers, can assist in that task."

So they did and they found areas full of test subject animals and people, suffering clones, strange captive creatures and things not describable or understandable. AlphaOmega came to make the final decision on the fate of every discovery but in all cases he supported Bobbie.

In the end most of the complex was shifted to the Corezone of the GrandTARDIS. Many humans were found that were left in status-capsules to be saved by their employers though many employees chose to go to the GrandTARDIS; if such people did so then AlphaOmega was to later bring such as companions, family and even livestock to the GrandTARDIS.

Most of the outer complex turned out to be unused or only used to store resources of moderate importance. This was all left behind with only a few exceptions.

When the inner complex vanished, it left behind a large empty space but there were new buttresses, braces, columns and safety devices to stop people walking into emptiness and falling to their deaths. AlphaOmega saw to it!

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/immortal2-1-1.jpg

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 109.1[163]

Focusing the Hunt

Olivia, Peter, Walter and Astrid had been agents of the FBI Fringe Division, of the USA. They had been involved in dealing with solving the crisis with an Alternate Earth, along with allies of various kind. Now, as they moved through a long abandoned subway line beneath NewYork, they had with them a SWAT (Special Weapons Armor Team) in light power armor. Walter was muttering something, his brain had been given special medical treatments as provided by the Havenlands, and the old Indian guide looked at him with some concern.

The tribe had known about the glowcrystal cave system for centuries and had found refuge there many times. Now they lived down there away from the USA that they felt only contempt for and fear of. They were the Hecarwe, a craft worthy, smart but not very war like people yet they could fight hard if they had to do so.

The guide spoke. "The metal globes are close. We do not like them. There is something most troubling about them as if there are bad spirits inside them and dancing between them in crazy patterns."

Olivia nodded. She had exotic abilities. "I can 'sense' some kind of disturbance. We need to approach what is going on with care."

Supersoldiers moved ahead of the others while others remained as a rearguard. The guide looked upon them with an odd smile on his face. "So deadly but so young."

The cave tunnel was ancient, had been there a very long time before 'modern humans' had gotten to the area. Yet BigFoot were there and often staid in one of the many Hecarwe settlements. There were also other kinds of humans down there and other kinds of intelligent creatures, a few of which had migrated up from the Terran Underworld.

The Cavern of Globes was dotted with hundreds of big, empty, metallic globes. Each was on a flat area of rock, burned and carved, out of the odd layers of the cavern floor. Glowcrystal warmed, and lit, the big place but neither too hotly or brightly. Falsely fragile, elegantly beautiful, glowcrystal grew across the ceiling in flat tentacles.

Edited by Maharg67

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 109.2[164]

Focusing the Hunt

Far more common were parts of globes, incomplete globes, workbenches, odd stools, strange tools, small metallic stone globes that floated in the air or lay where they had fallen and the skeletal remains of humans and other humanoid entities wearing odd suits.

Walter frowned. "Zetans, zetan technologies, hybrid zetamans, hybrid abomimans, humans, but something worse; Graynari, just a few of them! A mystery may be at least partly solved in this place. Gravity globes were made by zetans and those that served them. Zetans served the Graynari, before they rebelled for excellent reasons, but there are only three of them here. Something killed them all and by the way the bodies have fallen, I think that they died with amazing quickness."

There were some zetan dronebots and zetadroids, zetan androids that looked like androids, but they were all deactivated. They looked to have been knocked out, of action, at the same time as the living ones were killed.

They looked further around and examined this and that. The FTroopers kept a careful watch out but there was no threat. The netclones indicated that they also felt uneasy when they got close to the globes, especially the complete ones.

The Eternal One stood there, as a boy in old fashion farming folk gear, almost as if he and his companions had always been there. That is a big yellow Labrador dog, a fairly big ginger tabby cat sitting on the dog and a colorful parrot sitting on the teen-man's left shoulder. A chubby muscular baby figure, who wore the same kind of outfit as the boy did, sat in a pouch at his front.

The boy spoke with a quiet voice that was somehow easily heard by all. "Graynari, zetans, did make these things. That is the Graynari directed, in their own crazed and cruel fashion, the zetans who directed the others as quickly and efficiently as possible. Graynari serve the Great Enemy of Life in a bizarre, disturbing, fashion for the Graynari devoutly hate, love, loath and fear the Great Devourer of Life. Then Bloodnari, fanatical enemies of the Graynari, raided here and ambushed all of those here."

Eternal One: "The Bloodnari were trying to stop the creation of these necrotech gravity-globes that would one day be used to send many humans to Luna. They were successful in that necrotech devices would not be used but other kinds of gravity-globes would be. If these necrotech devices had been used, then there would have been far more damage done. I can tell you no more. I will send you to another chamber, where you will learn more, and send some more harmless items with you."

Walter spoke. "Are the floating globes AraArtifacts or OtoArtifacts?"

The boy sighed. "No but it would be better if they were so. They are cursed NecroArtifacts, things made by the GrandAncients who turned to the forces of undeath when the natural decline of the GrandAncients began. While most GrandAncients chose ascension, to the next level of existence, some fought that need to face one's deep inner selves, to face one's worst fears. Prepare yourself. I will give you some gifts, especially you wondrous netclones."

Edited by Maharg67

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 109.3[165]

Focusing the Hunt

The group vanished and reappeared in a bigger glowcrystal cavern where one great wall was the facade of a carved out very large rock city. It was beautifully graceful in places, heavy and grandiose in others but had many other patterns. The cavern chamber had farm plots, enclosed multiple block buildings carved out of the floor, workyards, courtyards, semi-enclosed temples, gardens, fountains, flowing water canals and much else.

Centaurs, elves, humans, zetans, animal-humans and many other creatures were there. While much of the technologies seemed basic such as shovels, horse drawn wagons and windmills, there were some hybrid-electric vehicles, simple looking robots and even a couple of small hubcopters.

There was a feeling of peace, and harmony, over the whole city.

Close to them were stacked many items being some taken from the Chamber of Globes but also resources and some unusual ones, the 'gifts'. That meant special resources for the agency and also for the supersoldiers in particular.

Somehow they knew that they were in a subsanctum of a place known as Sanctum.

Edited by Maharg67

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 110.1[166]

Increasingly it was become clearer that the real threat was something called the Great Enemy and it was behind the strange events of sending the gravity-globes to Luna and even the launching of the glimmerpods back the other way. Information was there already, to be analyzed, but more was pouring in from many sources, some of them most unusual. The Great Enemy was nothing if not treacherous; many dark factions had been betrayed, or just feared IT, and were willing to strike at IT in at least a secondary fashion.

An odd peace had fallen upon old faction wars, conspiracy troubles and other turmoils that was the struggle for powerful, wealth and influence. The orthodox crime syndicates had no interest in dealing with Necrodol that was too dangerous, too troubling, to deal with. The Cult Conspiracy was splintered into the 'grand old majority', that would not deal with such, and the 'sharp new minority' that would even if only in a small way.

Necrodol was proving to be incredibly addictive to many folks and yet to be repulsive and sickening to others while yet others were just off put by it.

Question was, who was spreading the Necrodol, why were they and how were they doing so; the main answer was surprisingly simple; the stuff was very expensive to make and sold even more expensively; desperate addicts tried to get others addicted and became dealers; the addicts were spreading the stuff in a way difficult to deal with for there was no organized network to be discovered and traced.

Necrodol research found it caused addicts to be amazingly confident, gave them enhanced abilities, gave them heightened libido and did other tricks. Yet it also caused nasty side effects and growing demand for more. Necrodol addicts began to desire strange things to feed upon including fresh blood.

Then arose the terrible discovery, before only whispered of but rarely believed, that some addicts were becoming something worse than zombies.

Edited by Maharg67

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 111.1[167]

UmbTek was controlled by necrolifen entities, a kind of undeath that was not truly undead, but created by the T-Virus. Or so went the general story. T-Virus was only one vital ingredient in the creation of the T-Entities and it was more than just a virus. Also used were mutagenic treatments, Forced Evolutionary Nanobots, and variations according to what was wanted as the outcome. Many necrolifen entities served UmbTek on their own semicontinent of Zazteca.

There were native peoples living there, mostly poor natives that had once been part of the mighty Zaztec Empire. They were a strangely taciturn, almost antisocial people except for their own circles, clans and extended families. They seemed oddly undisturbed by the necrolifen entities that moved amongst them be they zombie like zallites, vampire like vollites, hulking monstrous nullites or other caste kinds.

Then again the Zaztec Empire had used many shambling zombies, and other undead creatures, created from captive enemies, criminals, rebels and the very poor when nobody else was available; the dying empire had only finally crumbled during World War Two so many locals had even lived with zombies around them.

Dracula, related to the original man but not a vampire, stared coldly out of a big one way, armored window, at the quiet city of noon time. The albino like natives did not normally go out under such conditions and, if not sleeping, were always indoors or using underground tunnel networks. New style subway networks were much favored by them. Nor were necrolifen much on the move.

Dracula was pale white, being part Zaztecan, but taller and broader than the average native. He generally detested the locals and they considered him to be 'impure' though they were careful to follow his orders. He was living but was a powerful necromancer and necroscientist, a brilliant genius as well as being ruthlessly cruel at times.

The big chamber was largely marble and stone, was cool but not cold, was pale and mostly stark. Jugs of fresh blood, wine and cold water stood on the big long oval table along with bits of raw flesh marinated in spiced blood sauce, roast chickens, bowls of blood-chocolate and glistening bloodberries. Naked young women, and men, stood motionlessly at the walls but they were only necrolifen hullites that were more attractive, less stupid, weaker versions of zallites (necrolifen zombies).

Dracula did not like the necrolifen, did not like it that UmbTek had gone down that path and had ousted the 'iceminds' that he thought were far business savvy, and pragmatic, than were the vollites (necrolifen vampires) that now controlled it. That is except for a few exceptions such as himself.

He spoke. "Some fools have been smuggling Necrodol off Zazteca and selling it illegally in South America. From there others are smuggling it across the world. This must cease or the wrong kind of attention will be drawn to our operations here. We create Necrodol only for keeping necrolifen entities functioning, to use in experiments and in the production of more specialized kinds of necrolifen."

The woman stood there as cold eyed as Dracula but Nasserin was a vollite (living vampire). "You mean it is used to create such as myself from the altered Zaztecan human corpse that I was. We necrolifen, the ones that can think, do not appreciate being considered as little more than 'things' by such as yourself. I do agree with you that the fools have to be stopped but I fear that there are high caste necrolifen, of high rank, linked to the program. As a ranking corporate officer of the UmbTek Security Division, I have some capacity to access some highly classified databanks and other sources of information. The irony is that is may well be living, non Zaztecan humans, who are behind the operation. We necrolifen have good reasons to keep all of the Necrodol here, for our own survival and the creation of more of our own kind. The weird Zaztecans are totally focused on this strange semicontinent."

Edited by Maharg67

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 111.2[168]

Dracula nodded in silent agreement.

The necrolifen 'woman' went on speaking. "Yet there may be more than one smuggling operation taking place. The iceminds created their own corporation called UmbCorp as versus our UmbTek. The name is very legal and properly trademarked; our lawyers did try to halt the process."

Dracula nodded. "I was busy with difficult experimental work at the time but I always read the briefings passed onto me from personal assistants. NewsTek sources of information are less reliable than the UN News Agency programs and those I access through the Internet. UNNA has publicly speculated that UmbCorp received necrodol shipments at their corporate city of RaccoonCity. We already know that they have supplies of T-Virus, mutagenic substances and other things necessary to create necrolifen. Yet I doubt they want to create necrolifen, such as yourself, because they were against doing so when they mostly controlled UmbTek."

Nasserin spoke with a poor attempt at a smile. "You listening to the UNNA, instead of NewsTek, would not please the Board of Directors, but I also prefer the UNNA or the BBC or the Havenlands' New Services (HNS). Is UmbTek attempting to create an antinecrolifen weapon or some kind of necrolifen weapon? SecuraTek has gained little useful information but that would hardly be a surprise. I wonder why we bother to have those daughter corporations when most appear to be quite useless."

Dracula wished that Nasserin would not try smiling for it was unpleasant to look upon. "They are mainly there to help distract outsiders from the real purpose of UmbTek. That is why the majority of daughter corporations are not based here on the semicontinent and why all of them use nearly all human staff."

Dracula sighed. "Smiling does not suit you. Be yourself! Take your clothes off."

Unlike the undead, the necrolifen enjoyed their own kind of sexual activities. Nasserin began to undress. "That is a conclusion that goes with my own thinking on the matter. I have an electric zapper that you can use on me at the proper moments of necessary stimulation."

Which was when a terrible shudder went through the whole city. There was the muffled sound of a very powerful explosion. Looking out of the window the two watched, in great surprise, the main necrodol processing complex getting blasted into oblivion. Alarms, and sirens, were blowing. Already emergency helicopters, hubcopters, and remote drones were rising up to go and investigate from the air. There would be much death, destruction and disruption. While there were other, smaller, necrodol processing complexes, it was a major blow against UmbTek.

Nasserin put her clothes back on. Her frown looked far more genuine than her earlier attempt to smile had been.

Edited by Maharg67

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 112.1[169]

A Far More Hidden and Alien Struggle

The Eternal One had totally cleansed away all that had been in the Cavern of Globes and had left it as a glowcrystal cavern filled partly with small flowing river and largely filled with dark soil supporting many kinds of life. The place 'felt' natural and good.

The LittleFatWoman came to him, was there almost as if she had always been there. She smiled at him. "All was as you said it would be. You came, I listened, I disagreed and then I listened. This place is good now. The AraComplex is growing, is absorbing more splinters of what it had once been."

The boy turned to her, smiled. "I was part of that which turned a minority of HumanEternals into True Eternals and it was part of me. Their ancestors came from the OldEarth, not influenced by the Timespace Event or Timespace Transformation or even by the TimeWar or the GrandAncients' War against the Great Enemy, a war that they both won and lost. The locals will come to appreciate this place, as it is now, but will not try to live here and that is best. I will take this area, and those in it, to Sanctum. Though my special companions, and myself, will stay there, the Eternal One will continue to exist, to influence, the true timespace reality."

The LittleFatWoman spoke. "What steps do we take next? Do we allow fate to choose its own path? Karma is always open to mitigating factors and choices taken. Look at us, the LittleFatFamily, who once ruled much of the multiverse and yet were not truly in control of our own selves, our own lives. We were but puppets of the Great Enemy during the last Grand Cycle of the multiverse, when the Great Enemy was not the Great Enemy. Most strange that, here and now, so much of importance is focused on this timespace reality, as real as it actually is."

The boy smiled. "You already know what to do, you just need to accept it. Such matters are very difficult and yet very easy, very complicated and yet very simple. I suggest you return to the AraComplex and rest while your wondrous rainbow hen lays rainbow eggs."

The LittleFatWoman nodded and handed him a large ball of rainbow twine. "A gift from the LittleFatFamily."

He smiled, took the ball of twine and it burned away in his hand but then formed a smooth black, translucent crystal sphere. There was something wrong with it, wrong about it, as if it should not exist.

Eternal One: "Thank you! That was brave of you! The AraComplex awaits you with some fine surprises."

She sighed, as if a great burden had been lifted from her. Then she passed to him the rainbow hen. "Keep her for a while and be good to her. Enjoy her rainbow eggs."

The boy smiled and nodded. "We will!"

Then she was gone almost as if she had never been there. The rainbow hen made herself comfortable in the boy's arms and went to sleep.

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time 112.2[170]
A Far More Hidden and Alien Struggle

The Eternal One, the boy, sat on the ground with the animals settled around him, all sleeping very close or against him. The very small chubby muscular baby figure kept sleeping.

The boy looked intently into the black sphere until the core of it glowed red and a round glowing orb of an eye formed, a psychic-spiritual eye that tried to probe the Eternal One, to infiltrate and conquer him. It failed totally to do so.

The boy only smiled and then he sighed. "You have learned nothing! You have gained nothing! You have lost everything! You have failed ascension! All things come to an end but nothing comes to an end. All things start but never start. Once you were aware of all of this and more but your enlightenment has gone from you. Yet there is always hope just as there is never hope. Leave the LittleFatFamily alone!"

Then the disturbing black sphere shrunk in on itself, imploding violently, and was totally gone. The Great Enemy had claimed it back and the Eternal One had made no attempt to keep the antinatural device.

The Eternal One, and his companions, rested for a while before the boy began his new task with the help of those companions as they really were.

Edited by Maharg67