Strange Skyrim

Shubal

I started a game in June equipped with fearsome mods like the one made by Boris, who taught the game how to juggle and smuggle memory in imaginary places, (thank you Boris!) Also sheson, who taught the game how to put two nipples in its mouth instead of one. (thank you sheson, my first born has a 92 BMW in ace condition as a bonus) And hadoram, who taught the game how to expel teh evil script fragments from every orifice til cleansed and lessened the skyrim modders chances of screwing things up considerably. (thank you hadoram!) I treated the save to waves of installs and uninstalls and abused it mercilessly until it began to show breakage on what read as a clean save but failure with fast travel or carriage. At the time I had 63 followers stashed in places all over. I cut 22 out in batches of 3 or 4 , dismissed from AFT etc. and then would delete the mod in one session. A few days later I go into the Huntsman and there is one of the followers I deleted. Her name was Sigrid the sword maiden and she was a simple follower and only had face parts in the mod and would use the main body installed. I double checked NMM and there was no trace of her, there was no trace of her in the data file and no esp. either. I was bemused, it shouldn't be possible but there she was with all the lines of a willing follower. So I figured it was time to buy a ticket on a wagon ride to Helgen again so I began deactivating all my mods (220 esps +60 +textures) when all was gone I checked the data files again. There were a few alien scraps but nothing to do with Sigrid. I canned all files and have since built a new one on vanilla virgin files just in case. Can anyone guess how this could happen? I've heard of "ghost in the Machine" but this was a bit spooky. I've heard clones can be created but they are not fully functional as this girl was.

You should have titled this thread Spooky Skyrim.

When you shut down your Steam (do you ever shut down your Steam process?) -Anyway, when you shut it down, do you let it cloud-sync Skyrim, or do you just force the shutdown? I honestly don't know if that could be the source of your spooky follower's return, but it's the only thing thing that comes to mind based on the thorough scrubbing you described.

All those files are gone now so I can't check that. And I have very little connection with Steam, I am always offline and have never joined any sync thing as far as I know. Skyrim sorcery at its best I guess.

All those files are gone now so I can't check that. And I have very little connection with Steam, I am always offline and have never joined any sync thing as far as I know. Skyrim sorcery at its best I guess.

Steam sync just uploads your saves to the steam cloud so if you play skyrim on a different computer then you have your saves on the game.