Dungeons & Draugr Roleplaying Mod Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Balancing Vote: What should imperials get? You decide!

• 10% Magic Resistance
    • 15% Boost to speech
    • 15% Chance to slowtime in battle

Hmm... Maybe the Reachmen can have a slightly toned down version of the Bretons power well ability (like maybe fifteen or twenty percent, as oppose to fifty percent) Maybe they could also have a very slight poison resistance (say twenty or twenty-five percent) because they are adept poisoners themselves. Also maybe give them an ability called flurry (they swing their weapons, particularly one-handed weapons, a little faster compared to other humans) Though that ability maybe a little over powered.

But theirs my suggested traits for the Reachmen, hope you like them.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have another idea for a build chris, what do you think of...

The Skaal...

The Skaal though ethnically Nordic, are quite different from their kin in Skyrim. You could do them the same way your doing the Reachmen.

I was thinking skillwise...

+10 Alteration (because apparently, Alteration is elemental and a nature based magic, which fits in with the Skaal's cultural views)

+5 Restoration

+5 Sneak (would make sense, because the Skaal are hunters)

+5 Marksman (for same reason as sneak)

+5 One-Handed (to differentiate them from the Nord's in Skyrim)

+5 Heavy Armour (because Nordic carved armor is classified as heavy armor and once again differentiates them from Skyrims Nords)

So what do you think chris?

Hmm... Maybe the Reachmen can have a slightly toned down version of the Bretons power well ability (like maybe fifteen or twenty percent, as oppose to fifty percent) Maybe they could also have a very slight poison resistance (say twenty or twenty-five percent) because they are adept poisoners themselves. Also maybe give them an ability called flurry (they swing their weapons, particularly one-handed weapons, a little faster compared to other humans) Though that ability maybe a little over powered.

But theirs my suggested traits for the Reachmen, hope you like them.

Really like the idea of poison resistance, and a small boost to magicka, as for the one handed thing I feel it would be a tad OP, so how about we give them an ability that gives them frost resistance of 25% due to them being Skyrim Natives? What do you think we could call it?

I also have another idea for a build chris, what do you think of...

The Skaal...

The Skaal though ethnically Nordic, are quite different from their kin in Skyrim. You could do them the same way your doing the Reachmen.

I was thinking skillwise...

+10 Alteration (because apparently, Alteration is elemental and a nature based magic, which fits in with the Skaal's cultural views)

+5 Restoration

+5 Sneak (would make sense, because the Skaal are hunters)

+5 Marksman (for same reason as sneak)

+5 One-Handed (to differentiate them from the Nord's in Skyrim)

+5 Heavy Armour (because Nordic carved armor is classified as heavy armor and once again differentiates them from Skyrims Nords)

So what do you think chris?

Really dig the Skaal build, and we will definitely need to add them, so after the playtest I will. All races will be ready after today and the necromancer class should also be finished as well. With you being amazing at writing, do me a favor and head over to the wiki/manual and see if there is anything we could be missing or need to spice up even. This project is going well and I am extremely excited about this Friday. Scripting is a difficult process and its a lot of trial and error, so I am trying to find a scripter, to see if we can move this project along further.

Hi there. I'm inexperienced with modding but like Sarus I'm very knowledgeable with TES Lore. What I am confused about in your overall thread and responses is... Is this some sort of multiplayer roleplaying mod? I'm not exactly understanding what sort of changes you're making. Can you please clarify what you mean by 'roleplaying mod', as in, will we be able to actually roleplay with others in a DnD style kind of game with other people in real time...?

Also I have to disagree with Sarus about the Skaal being VERY different from Nords. They are, essentially, Nords, but a cut off splinter Nordic ethnicity with many even culturally similar traits, even in religion. At it's core the Skaal are the ones that took over Skyrim, their culture was just ultimately changed due to warfare and exposure to other cultures, I suppose you can call the Skaal the 'true' Nords. If you would like me to elaborate my own opinion I would be happy to, though regardless of Sarus' description, his attribute and stat list seems very accurate for a Skaalish Nord regardless, good work on that.

I agree guantanamobayxx with everything you've said. I didn't mean to imply the Skaal and Nords are vastly different, I wrote it down quickly to get chris's interest (plus I'm babysitting my little cousins) I was planning to go in depth with the Skaal's lore later on. I have a fair knowledge on Elder Scrolls lore, though I'm no expert and I will make mistakes (and learn from them)

Edited by Sarus31

Well if anything this is a conversation I'd like to get into with you about ^^ I'm not sure how in-depth Chris is going to go with subraces or anything, but I would consider the Skaal a rare subrace of the Nords. And don't worry about being an expert or making mistakes - That's an essential part of Elder Scrolls lore, that things change from game to game and so does historical viewpoint enough to create unsure histories and mythology, you only ever get to find out what REALLY happened (such as with the Falmer in Skyrim) through gameplay, and a great thing with a roleplay version of Elder Scrolls is that it can allow this concept to flourish, and allow your own creativity to shine.

Hi there. I'm inexperienced with modding but like Sarus I'm very knowledgeable with TES Lore. What I am confused about in your overall thread and responses is... Is this some sort of multiplayer roleplaying mod? I'm not exactly understanding what sort of changes you're making. Can you please clarify what you mean by 'roleplaying mod', as in, will we be able to actually roleplay with others in a DnD style kind of game with other people in real time...?

Greetings guantanamobayxx! Thank you for your interest in Dungeons & Draugr!

Dungeons & Draugr is a Roleplaying Mod for Skyrim on PC. However the project is created with a framework in mind, so that a person can easily port Dungeons & Draugr to a tabletop, or even text based rpg. But this thread is for the Official Dungeons & Draugr Roleplaying Mod.

"This is Dungeons & Draugr! The Highly sophisticated Roleplaying Overhaul Mod. Your adventure awaits!" As for what changes are being made feel free to check out the Dungeons & Draugr Adventurer's Manual and you can see exactly what changes have been made. Glad to hear you are very educated in TES Lore and would love to have you around for more ideas. Feel free to make suggestions all day long, we will listen and discuss them.

Also I have to disagree with Sarus about the Skaal being VERY different from Nords. They are, essentially, Nords, but a cut off splinter Nordic ethnicity with many even culturally similar traits, even in religion. At it's core the Skaal are the ones that took over Skyrim, their culture was just ultimately changed due to warfare and exposure to other cultures, I suppose you can call the Skaal the 'true' Nords. If you would like me to elaborate my own opinion I would be happy to, though regardless of Sarus' description, his attribute and stat list seems very accurate for a Skaalish Nord regardless, good work on that.

As for this, I believe Sarus was meaning different in-game. No one would want to play the Skaal if they were the same as the Original Nords..lol And I would love for you to elaborate your opinion here.

I agree guantanamobayxx with everything you've said. I didn't mean to imply the Skaal and Nords are vastly different, I wrote it down quickly to get chris's interest (plus I'm babysitting my little cousins) I was planning to go in depth with the Skaal's lore later on. I have a fair knowledge on Elder Scrolls lore, though I'm no expert and I will make mistakes (and learn from them)

No need to rush on my account Sarus! My interest is all in this project, so anything that contributes interest me..lol Besides your writing is golden!

Well if anything this is a conversation I'd like to get into with you about ^^ I'm not sure how in-depth Chris is going to go with subraces or anything, but I would consider the Skaal a rare subrace of the Nords. And don't worry about being an expert or making mistakes - That's an essential part of Elder Scrolls lore, that things change from game to game and so does historical viewpoint enough to create unsure histories and mythology, you only ever get to find out what REALLY happened (such as with the Falmer in Skyrim) through gameplay, and a great thing with a roleplay version of Elder Scrolls is that it can allow this concept to flourish, and allow your own creativity to shine.

In depth as we need to get, is my goal. Also I agree that there is much discussion to be had about TES Lore. Creativity Unleashed! lol Don't forget to participate in the polls and register at the wiki. That's The Adventurer's Manual. And we have live chats to discuss ideas and lore.

UPDATE: Finished Necromancer Class;

http://i.imgur.com/12C6nnml.png

Edited by SnippyChris

Ah, thank you, this clears it up a bit. Which, speaking of Skaal AND Reachmen, Sarus touched on this when he spoke of the differences between the Colovians and the Nibenese (Colovians are actually Imperials descended from Nordic and Imperial family lines), I would consider them both smaller subraces of Nords and Bretons. Which, I have a bit of an interesting idea (though some people may not like it), have you thought about stat detriments for some of these races, especially if they're a subrace of another? You don't want anything too overpowered, and if the detriment makes sense with the race it can be worked with. Just for more in-depth flair :)

Ah, thank you, this clears it up a bit. Which, speaking of Skaal AND Reachmen, Sarus touched on this when he spoke of the differences between the Colovians and the Nibenese (Colovians are actually Imperials descended from Nordic and Imperial family lines), I would consider them both smaller subraces of Nords and Bretons. Which, I have a bit of an interesting idea (though some people may not like it), have you thought about stat detriments for some of these races, especially if they're a subrace of another? You don't want anything too overpowered, and if the detriment makes sense with the race it can be worked with. Just for more in-depth flair :smile:

I have thought of detriments forSub-races, and If we can write them in and make them fit properly I would love to have them. Also as for the Nibenese and Colovians, they are set up as a split of the Imperial Empire. Did you stop by the wiki to see all the content that is there? Were you wanting to take part in the playtest tomorrow? The Reachmen are a subrace of the Bretons, in Skyrim they call them forsworn. What ideas of Detriments do you think we can get away with?

Hey Sarus which Race are you going to play as first?