Dungeons & Draugr Roleplaying Mod Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Balancing Vote: What should imperials get? You decide!

• 10% Magic Resistance
    • 15% Boost to speech
    • 15% Chance to slowtime in battle

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself am interested in the Dark Elves, I just tested the Dark Vision inspired from the Drow Race of D&D. It really adds a whole new perspective of gameplay. Also I wonder why they can burst into flames? I have never understood that power. Any ideas on how to write that better?

Fiery Demise sounds great for the Power Name. Maybe when they use the power it drains the users life stamina and magicka due to... I dont know..being on FIRE! lol

**Updated OP**

Playtest today! Check your PM's for your private link if you signed up.

Edited by SnippyChris

I wonder how will you go about things such as Vampires and Werewolves?

In some of my own Mods I used a simple system of ingenious use of keywords to get various effects that I wanted to get without needing to add scripts for such small matters.

For Instance, I made werewolves have a chance to transform against their will by simply adding a werewolf transformation spell as a passive effect to the "Beast Blood" ability that I renamed as "Lycanthropy" and then I added the condition so they would have a 1/4 chance of turning in between the time frame of 11:59pm and 12:01pm, unless they had the ring of Hircine in their posession which would grant them immunity to midnight turnings.

I do have quite a few ideas for how you could do certain things such as how Vampirsm would work if you would like to hear them.

Edited by tx12001

I wonder how will you go about things such as Vampires and Werewolves?

In some of my own Mods I used a simple system of ingenious use of keywords to get various effects that I wanted to get without needing to add scripts for such small matters.

For Instance, I made werewolves have a chance to transform against their will by simply adding a werewolf transformation spell as a passive effect to the "Beast Blood" ability that I renamed as "Lycanthropy" and then I added the condition so they would have a 1/4 chance of turning in between the time frame of 11:59pm and 12:01pm.

I do have quite a few ideas for how you could do certain things.

Welcome back tx! I would love to use those ideas or for you to share with me how you did that! Because that is amazing and a must have for roleplay and immersion. Let me know what you decide. I will be AFK for quite some time but I will get back to you.

Well the werewolf System was actually quite simple.

I noticed in Skyrim how when certain enemies hit you, you could contract a disease, so I looked at various disease's such as Ataxia and noticed that it had a chance condition applied to it in the magic effect, essentially all I did was copy and paste this effect from that spell and then duplicated the werewolfchangefx magic effect and turned the duplicate effect into a passive effect and added that chance condiiton to the Duplicate version of teh werewolfchange fx spell I just created.

So now I added this spell to the existing "Beast Blood" active effect and put a condiiton on it with the mere use of keywords, so it would only activate in between 11:59PM and 12:01PM

(When you do this you need to make sure you get the time correct, don't mix the AM and PM up it's what I did at first) and if you did everything right the werewolf will have a 1/4 chance to automatically assume werewolf form when teh clock strikes midnight.

Now my idea's for Vampirsm are somewhat Straight forward but since it is based around a D&D sort of style I have a few ideas how u could incorporate it into skyrim while still remaining lore friendly.

You see in Vanilla Skyrim, Vampires are wierd...End of story, They get stronger as they starve? no creature from what I know that exists gets stronger from starving itself, however in Dawnguard you for some bizzare reason to gain perks in VL form you need to do the exact opposite and Bite people, So this is how I believe vampirsm should function.

VAMPIRES

- Vampires should get stronger as they Feed (simple case of reversing the stats)

- Vampires are Undead thus while starved they should be no better then a walking corpse but while fully fed they should basically be superhuman like, Higher Jumping, Faster Running, Higher Carryweight and faster healing and so on.

- While fully Fed a Vampire should become immune to Sunlight but as they starve the sun should begin to become increasingly deadly to them to the point where a stage 4 vampire will lose health at an astounding rate in sunlight

- Vampires should keep their immunities to disease and Poison but should also be immune to drowning, Food, Drinks, Alcohol, Skooma, Sleeping Tree Sap, Health Potions and Positive Healing Magic

- A vampire should only get rest bonuses from sleeping in a Coffin, and a Bed will provide them no rest at all

- A Vampire will gradually lose health if they are wearing an Amulet to the Divines.

- A Vampire should be unable to get blessings from a Shrine to the divines and instead touching the shrine will cause them to lose a portion of their health for a Time

- Vampires should Possess more shadowy like spells, Instead of a few mere spells that are outclassed by far superior magics

- Vampires should be immune to lesser Metals such as Iron or Steel but metals such as Silver will do more then double normal damage to them and should stunt their blood magic abilties

- A vampires Resistance to Frost and weakness to fire should remain static due to it only really being their on account they are the walking dead

- Vampire's should also be immune to things such as Soul Trap and if a player who is a vampire is at at 10% health their will be a chance for them to awaken in the nearest Hall of the dead or Graveyard..(Rising from the Grave in Typical Vampire fashion)

- At Stage 4 (weakest Stage) you should be Hated and Feared by the poplation as was originally

- The Player's Vampirsm in both human and VL form not just the VL form should level up to level 100 for higher end gameplay

VAMPIRE LORDS

- Vampire Lords unlike regular Vampires will not take sun damage but instead only suffer a decrease in stats in Sunlight (Basically anyone who has the Vampire Lord power will get the effects from this spell instead of the other type of Sun Damage)

- If someone who is a Vampire Lord equips an Amulet, the Amulet will instead be destroyed (they will not receive damage from it but instead their touch will destroy the amulet)

- Vampire Lords should have access to More spells in Vampire Lord form then in Vanilla and be able to use more mundane spell such as Fireball or Icestorm

- Vampire Lord should have a passive Fear Cloak that will effect other undead that are 50% the players level for instance a level 100 vampire will cause any undead enemy up to level 50 to flee while in that form now technically that would make dragon priests flee as well but I expect that you will probably increase their level a bit as well so you would probably have to be like level 200 vampire to have them flee from you

- If a Vampire Lord who has completed the Volkihar questline has his health reduced to 10%, he will instead of having a chance to wake up in the nearest hall of the dead he will awaken inside his chambers at Castle Volkihar

Many of those things are a lot easier to do then they sound but some features may require some scripting if it may such as the respawn effect and that's by Idea of how Vampirsm should work, What do you think.

Many of the things are very similar to what is featured in my own Mod "Ascension" and I came up with these Idear after a long study to come up with an immersive yet lore friendly type of vampire gameplay thats like D&D will force the player into changing the way they play so Vampirsm is not something that you can get then sometime later forget about even having it.

Also I did read that comment above mine about the dark elves power...Why not turn it into an Ash cloak instead of a fire spell?

Edited by tx12001

Well the werewolf System was actually quite simple.

I noticed in Skyrim how when certain enemies hit you, you could contract a disease, so I looked at various disease's such as Ataxia and noticed that it had a chance condition applied to it in the magic effect, essentially all I did was copy and paste this effect from that spell and then duplicated the werewolfchangefx magic effect and turned the duplicate effect into a passive effect and added that chance condiiton to the Duplicate version of teh werewolfchange fx spell I just created.

So now I added this spell to the existing "Beast Blood" active effect and put a condiiton on it with the mere use of keywords, so it would only activate in between 11:59PM and 12:01PM

(When you do this you need to make sure you get the time correct, don't mix the AM and PM up it's what I did at first) and if you did everything right the werewolf will have a 1/4 chance to automatically assume werewolf form when teh clock strikes midnight.

That is freaking awesome!! Seems simple enough.

Now my idea's for Vampirsm are somewhat Straight forward but since it is based around a D&D sort of style I have a few ideas how u could incorporate it into skyrim while still remaining lore friendly.

You see in Vanilla Skyrim, Vampires are wierd...End of story, They get stronger as they starve? no creature from what I know that exists gets stronger from starving itself, however in Dawnguard you for some bizzare reason to gain perks in VL form you need to do the exact opposite and Bite people, So this is how I believe vampirsm should function.

VAMPIRES

- Vampires should get stronger as they Feed (simple case of reversing the stats)

- Vampires are Undead thus while starved they should be no better then a walking corpse but while fully fed they should basically be superhuman like, Higher Jumping, Faster Running, Higher Carryweight and faster healing and so on.

- While fully Fed a Vampire should become immune to Sunlight but as they starve the sun should begin to become increasingly deadly to them to the point where a stage 4 vampire will lose health at an astounding rate in sunlight

- Vampires should keep their immunities to disease and Poison but should also be immune to drowning, Food, Drinks, Alcohol, Skooma, Sleeping Tree Sap, Health Potions and Positive Healing Magic

- A vampire should only get rest bonuses from sleeping in a Coffin, and a Bed will provide them no rest at all

- A Vampire will gradually lose health if they are wearing an Amulet to the Divines.

- A Vampire should be unable to get blessings from a Shrine to the divines and instead touching the shrine will cause them to lose a portion of their health for a Time

- Vampires should Possess more shadowy like spells, Instead of a few mere spells that are outclassed by far superior magics

- Vampires should be immune to lesser Metals such as Iron or Steel but metals such as Silver will do more then double normal damage to them and should stunt their blood magic abilties

- A vampires Resistance to Frost and weakness to fire should remain static due to it only really being their on account they are the walking dead

- Vampire's should also be immune to things such as Soul Trap and if a player who is a vampire is at at 10% health their will be a chance for them to awaken in the nearest Hall of the dead or Graveyard..(Rising from the Grave in Typical Vampire fashion)

- At Stage 4 (weakest Stage) you should be Hated and Feared by the poplation as was originally

- The Player's Vampirsm in both human and VL form not just the VL form should level up to level 100 for higher end gameplay

VAMPIRE LORDS

- Vampire Lords unlike regular Vampires will not take sun damage but instead only suffer a decrease in stats in Sunlight (Basically anyone who has the Vampire Lord power will get the effects from this spell instead of the other type of Sun Damage)

- If someone who is a Vampire Lord equips an Amulet, the Amulet will instead be destroyed (they will not receive damage from it but instead their touch will destroy the amulet)

- Vampire Lords should have access to More spells in Vampire Lord form then in Vanilla and be able to use more mundane spell such as Fireball or Icestorm

- Vampire Lord should have a passive Fear Cloak that will effect other undead that are 50% the players level for instance a level 100 vampire will cause any undead enemy up to level 50 to flee while in that form now technically that would make dragon priests flee as well but I expect that you will probably increase their level a bit as well so you would probably have to be like level 200 vampire to have them flee from you

- If a Vampire Lord who has completed the Volkihar questline has his health reduced to 10%, he will instead of having a chance to wake up in the nearest hall of the dead he will awaken inside his chambers at Castle Volkihar

Many of those things are a lot easier to do then they sound but some features may require some scripting if it may such as the respawn effect and that's by Idea of how Vampirsm should work, What do you think.

Many of the things are very similar to what is featured in my own Mod "Ascension" and I came up with these Idear after a long study to come up with an immersive yet lore friendly type of vampire gameplay thats like D&D will force the player into changing the way they play so Vampirsm is not something that you can get then sometime later forget about even having it.

Also I did read that comment above mine about the dark elves power...Why not turn it into an Ash cloak instead of a fire spell?

I did not even put 2 and 2 together, I had no idea you created Ascension! All of those ideas are amazing! and I feel would really add depth to a Vamp player, and to Vamps in the world as well. However I am a mere novice modder and I am still learning papyrus, so this may take quite a bit of time. And as for an ash cloak instead of flame cloak, that would make way more sense, than a elf bursting into flames lol. But I would love for you to guide me on how this would be achieved or possibly have u work on this project w/ me?

Edited by SnippyChris

Sure why not, Most of that stuff Is actually quite easy to do and does not require scripting at all

- For the feeding, Simply alter the 4 Weakness to Sunlight Spells and make stage 1 give the most positive benefit and have 4 bring a lot of negatives

- To add waterbreathing simply add the effect to the vampirsm spell.

- To make vampires immune to all healing substances, you may need a bit of scripting for this otherwise you willl have to go through every Healing, Food and Drink and put a condition so these objects don't effect Undead.

- For the coffin Quite simple, Find the resting bonus effect and put a keyword condition that blocks a vampire from receiving them.

- For the amulet damage simply find the amulets enchantments and add a second spell that is only applied to characters with the "UndeadKeyword" and use a keyword to block the vampire from receiving the bklessing itself in the same manner that is done for the resting bonus that I mentioned above, I say use the Undead keyword instead of the vampire keyword because this would add compatibility with mods such as "Undeath" that adds a Lich transformation to Skyrim.

- For Blessings take a look at this in the Creation Kit...http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=282653037 Don't require scripting only ingenious use of Keywords

- To make Vampire's Immune to certain Objects you will have to use Keywords and set the Incoming Damage of every hit made with weapons of a certain material to 0 and apply these perks to the VampireRaces, All in all I would suggest adding them to The Vampire Falmer race as well.

- For the weakness to Fire and Frost resistance, this is simple just change the corresponding spells to all be the same, In my ascension Mod I set it to 50% frost resistance and 150% fire weakness and it works well

- To make Vampires immune to soul trap add the Keyword them to the 10 Vampire Races, Also add them to the Falmer Race Vampire for consistency, to figure out which keyword it is, I cant tell you off the top of my head but Dragons have that keyword and so do Dwemer automatons so just look at those races.

- To return the being attacked at stage 4 you will need to delete several lines from a particular script if I'm right, for which script that is I am unsure

- As for the things for the Vampire Lord, I'm sure you can figure it out when your Scripting skills increase beyond what they currently are, for the vampire awakening from death at a hall of the dead or Castle Volkihar I suggest you look at mods like Undeath which has a fully functioning Lich Phylactery Regeneration or various mods that deal with dying such as Death Alternative.

Good Luck with your Mod and If you need any Ideas Just ask.