⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Dungeons & Draugr Roleplaying Mod Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Balancing Vote: What should imperials get? You decide!

• 10% Magic Resistance
    • 15% Boost to speech
    • 15% Chance to slowtime in battle

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Chris, I noticed the Reachmen don't have any group roles or racial boosts, do you want me to do it or are you already handling it?

Also I have a few suggestions for the existing races, would you like to hear them?

Edited by Sarus31

Sorry for the late response, doing some things around the house..lol

Yes Mlee, Sarus is amazing at writing, and he should definitely get a resume up, a lot of Modders would keep him super busy

As for Reachmen Sarus, I would love for you to do roles and racial traits for them. And as for any suggestions anyone would like to share I am all ears! I would love to have participation from the whole community.

Fantastic! Right i'll give the Reachmen's racial boosts and group roles a go.

+10Conjuration

+5 Destruction

+5 Sneak

+5 One-handed

+5 Marksman

+5Alchemy

Okay, now for group roles...

Witch Doctor (If it exists as a group role)

Ranger

Preferred classes

Rogue

Ranger

Warlock

Hunter (if it's a class that is)

There you go, what do you think?

Now my suggestions for the existing races...

I love what you did with the Khajiits, They can move twenty percent faster, take less falling damage and jump fifty percent higher! WOOOWW!!! That's cool. This combined with the high claw damage really makes the Khajiit formidable. But I have one suggestion, just as the Orcs start with ten percent more health, how about all beast races start with eighty or ninety percent health? This means low level Argonian and Khajiit players would have to choose their battles carefully and rely on stealth ( at least for the first few levels of gameplay) But to compensate, Khajiit claws could do twenty points of damage with their claws as opposed to fifteen percent. Speaking of Argonians, I would like to suggest some new abilities for them. Like the Khajiit, the Argonians also use their claws to fight maybe they could do either twelve or fourteen points of damage (which makes Khajiit more deadly) Argonians being reptilian have on average more denser muscles compared to warm blooded mammals, So perhaps the Argonians can also jump higher (like maybe fifteen percent, so it's still pretty low compared to the Khajiit) Maybe Argonians could also run twelve percent faster (faster than most races, but slower than Khajiit)

As I've stated in previous posts, I loved what you did for the Orcs, from the built tough trait to the twenty-five percent magic resistance (twenty-five is a Wopper!! I love it!) But I have an idea to balance things out, how about giving the Orcs a weakness to poision, maybe fifteen or twenty percent would do.

The Redguards as we know, are a blessed people with hardy constitutions and lean athletic bodies. So I propose giving them a poision resistance (maybe forty or fifty percent) and disease resistance (maybe between fifty and sixty-five percent) Also considering the Redguards endurance they could move ten percent faster than the other human races (but still slower than the beast races) Also maybe give the Redguards a slight stamina boost, say fifteen to twenty percent. However to balance things out, considering the Redguards turbulent history with magic (from Yokuda sinking, to the invasion of the Aldmeri Dominion) maybe they could have the polar opposite of the Orcs ability, say a twenty-five percent weakness to magic.

The Reachmen could have some very slight benefits, such as having maybe between fifteen and twenty percent poision resistance, considering they are good alchemists and Witch Doctors. Also maybe a slight magic resistance say between ten and fifteen percent.

But these are just my ideas, feel free to use some of them, all of them it's up to you, just thought I'd share my thoughts.

Edited by Sarus31

Fantastic! Right i'll give the Reachmen's racial boosts and group roles a go.

+10Conjuration

+5 Destruction

+5 Sneak

+5 One-handed

+5 Marksman

+5Alchemy

Okay, now for group roles...

Witch Doctor (If it exists as a group role)

Ranger

Preferred classes

Rogue

Ranger

Warlock

Hunter (if it's a class that is)

There you go, what do you think?

Now my suggestions for the existing races...

I love what you did with the Khajiits, They can move twenty percent faster, take less falling damage and jump fifty percent higher! WOOOWW!!! That's cool. This combined with the high claw damage really makes the Khajiit formidable. But I have one suggestion, just as the Orcs start with ten percent more health, how about all beast races start with eighty or ninety percent health? This means low level Argonian and Khajiit players would have to choose their battles carefully and rely on stealth ( at least for the first few levels of gameplay) But to compensate, Khajiit claws could do twenty points of damage with their claws as opposed to fifteen percent. Speaking of Argonians, I would like to suggest some new abilities for them. Like the Khajiit, the Argonians also use their claws to fight maybe they could do either twelve or fourteen points of damage (which makes Khajiit more deadly) Argonians being reptilian have on average more denser muscles compared to warm blooded mammals, So perhaps the Argonians can also jump higher (like maybe fifteen percent, so it's still pretty low compared to the Khajiit) Maybe Argonians could also run twelve percent faster (faster than most races, but slower than Khajiit)

As I've stated in previous posts, I loved what you did for the Orcs, from the built tough trait to the twenty-five percent magic resistance (twenty-five is a Wopper!! I love it!) But I have an idea to balance things out, how about giving the Orcs a weakness to poision, maybe fifteen or twenty percent would do.

The Redguards as we know, are a blessed people with hardy constitutions and lean athletic bodies. So I propose giving them a poision resistance (maybe forty or fifty percent) and disease resistance (maybe between fifty and sixty-five percent) Also considering the Redguards endurance they could move ten percent faster than the other human races (but still slower than the beast races) Also maybe give the Redguards a slight stamina boost, say fifteen to twenty percent. However to balance things out, considering the Redguards turbulent history with magic (from Yokuda sinking, to the invasion of the Aldmeri Dominion) maybe they could have the polar opposite of the Orcs ability, say a twenty-five percent weakness to magic.

The Reachmen could have some very slight benefits, such as having maybe between fifteen and twenty percent poision resistance, considering they are good alchemists and Witch Doctors. Also maybe a slight magic resistance say between ten and fifteen percent.

But these are just my ideas, feel free to use some of them, all of them it's up to you, just thought I'd share my thoughts.

These are great suggestions, and I love giving Redguard Magic Weakness, however as you said with the Orcs 25 percent is a whopper, so How about balancing that to maybe 15 percent weakness to magic? As for Argonians I would actually welcome the speed and jumping heights for sure, and maybe since reptiles claws are fragile and brittle we go 10 damage for claws. And I love the making the Beast races constitution lower than the rest as to nerf the Savagery of the Khajiit.

Wow!! Sarus those are all amazing and we will use them all, and anytime you have any ideas throw them out, because 9 out of 10 times we are on the same wave length..Finished Ranger Class and I will add in the Reachmen and Redguard race in game tomorrow! I want to have all the races and a few classes finished for the Playtest on Friday.

As for our Polls +10 One Handed seems to be winning and The Original 1 +10(Major) 5 +5's(Minor) seems to be winning as well for the stat system also! Keep them votes coming, first to 10 votes will go into the mod, and I will be adding another poll for the bonus class to try out in the playtest!

Oh no I actually quite like the Orcs twenty-five percent resistance to magic (Actually I love it) But I thought we could give the Orcs say... twenty-five to thirty percent weakness to poison (Like the Ogres from Oblivion have a massive weakness to poision)

But it's your choice afterall, btw I'm glad you like my ideas and i'll be keeping an eye on the updated wiki.

Ten points of damage is fine for the Argonians, It stops them being to similar to the Khajiits.

Edited by Sarus31

Ranger manual page is almost finished.

http://i.imgur.com/yi8tTI8l.png

Sorry for the misunderstanding on the orcs, I love their magic resistance as well, and never even thought about the poison weakness, is there something we can right in to explain the weakness?

Also as for making the beast races seperate, I am glad you like the claws be lesser to the Khajiit, and to further things along I want to give the argonians the ability to swim in water faster, that the other races and the Khajiit swim slower due to being Cats..cats hate water kind of thing. Mlee suggested visual modifications and effects so that a person cannot grind/overcome the perks, abilities, and I think it would make things so much more immersive as well. See Mlee post here:Mlee Suggestions

How is your day Sarus? I will be adding Reachmen info to the Manual page today. How about instead of witch doctor for group role we say Shaman?

Edited by SnippyChris

Wow I never thought to make the Argonians faster in water (frankly I didn't konow you could mo9d that in *shrug*) I love the ideas of Khajiits swimming slower, It makes the races that more unique.

Hmm... I'm not quite sure how to explain the Orcs weakness to poison yet ( I will think of something) I just thought it would help balance them as a race better.

I can't wait to check the Reachmen out!

My day has been fine thanks, busy but altogether fine.