Oxygen indicator/bar underwater

Tar

Hi guys

One thing I miss from Skyrim among many things is a oxygen bar. When I'm underwater I'm suddenly starting to lose life with no warning and this is annoying.

I find it strange that this is not already implemented in the game.

So a breath/oxygen indicator would be awesome.

cherers

Not exactly a helpful response, mason.

I'd go for a mod like this as well. Anything that adds useful contextual HUD elements is aces in my book.

Edited by Hyacathusarullistad

Hyacathusarullistad, define "helpful", i provided a solution, may not be to your liking but its better than just hoping for a mod like this so yea :p, but seriously ask the modders of SkyUI and IHud, they could make it an update if they so choose.

I think this would be pretty simple. I find the lack of an indicator odd as well. I thought about this the other day when I almost died in the shipwreck by dawnstar.

Playing skyrim as argonians seems like a good idea though. I mean why did they make other races anyway? Also waiting half the game to kill a guy for his mask just to avoid sloppy game mechanics seems pretty reasonable as well.

Thanks for keeping the community safe non trolls. :D

In the case of the mod requests forum, mason, "helpful" can be defined as either creating the mod being requested, linking to a mod that does something similar if not the same as requested, or assisting the OP in creating the mod themselves. Pointing to vanilla mechanics that do very little to satisfy the request does not qualify. Your suggestion is akin to telling someone requesting the water walking enchantment be expanded to standard equipment to just use the tcl console command to cross water; sure it'll work, but it really isn't a productive suggestion at all.

There are going to be plenty of requested mods you don't find necessary - I can count at least three on the first page that I myself think are kind of inane, unnecessary, or just plain unrealistic. But it's not my place, nor yours, to rate or qualify the suggestions and requests of others. If someone believes they have the skill, they'll take on the project; and if they think it's a good enough idea, they may even go out of their way to gain the skill required to satisfy a request that they themselves find they really like even if they'd never thought of it themselves.

Your suggestion re:checking with the makers of existing mods is far more helpful. However, the HUD elements added by such mods differ greatly in concept from what the author is requesting. @OP: You'd do better to take a shot with Chesko, who created contextual HUD elements for both Frostfall and Wearable Lanterns that are far more similar to what you're asking for than what Gopher or the SkyUI team have created. If nothing else his mods would be a great example of where to start on making such a mod yourself if Chesko himself is currently unwilling or unable to take requests.

Edited by Hyacathusarullistad

I would also find this useful; off the top of my head, using the exist art assets for the enchantment bars but placing it above health would be a good approach.

I'm only just starting to learn how to mod Skyrim myself, and I have a couple other ideas on my plate, but if no one's done this by the time I feel like I'm capable of it (and who knows when that'll be), I might give it a try.