⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Can't load up Skyrim - Entry Point Not Found

Nuudules

I've read this whole thread and have suffered all the same problems as all of you, but after rolling back the drivers didn't help I uninstalled the geforce experience. I'm STILL having the same problem, in fact I can't even get skyrim to start at all and I've run out of solutions other than falling back to an old enb and waiting for some sort of update from either boris or nvidia ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys i find a fix for now from searching the enb site.

'The new Nvidia driver 344.11 also includes GeForce Experience 2.1.2.0, if you already have updated, deinstall GeForce Experience!

issue seems to be related to SKSE and to be caused by the new GeForce Experience!'

I can confirm uninstaling GeForce Experience fixed it for now, its not the drivers fault.

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/nvidia34411ej4ik2b6nc.jpg

I just spent a while trying to get Skyrim working again and finally found this thread. I can confirm that it's that bloody GeForce Experience 2.1.2 that's causing the problem. I rolled back to 2.1.1 and now everything is working fine. I also rolled back the driver too for good measure. I have also been having problems with Big Picture Mode in Steam, and rolling back either GeForce Experience or the driver seems to have cured the problem.

@Preeum: The problem is NOT the drivers, but an extra program that Nvidia included with the driver download called Geforce Experience - this is NOT a driver, and roling back the drivers does NOT roll this program back ( because it is NOT a driver) Either remove the program Geforce Experience - or replace it with an older version of Geforce Experience - the older version didn't have this problem. :rolleyes: You do not need to roll back the actual drivers - they seem to work fine.

@Preeum: The problem is NOT the drivers, but an extra program that Nvidia included with the driver download called Geforce Experience - this is NOT a driver, and roling back the drivers does NOT roll this program back ( because it is NOT a driver) Either remove the program Geforce Experience - or replace it with an older version of Geforce Experience - the older version didn't have this problem. :rolleyes: You do not need to roll back the actual drivers - they seem to work fine.

Updating to latetst nvidia drivers did the trick!

FOUND THE SOLUTION :yes: I had the same problem is not the fault of the latest GeForce drivers or Experience! at the moment I have the latest drivers and the latest GeForce Experience and Skyrim works without a problem, the solution turned out to be (missing dll shell) simply install directx Jun2010 redist and all that, (please post if it works) greet REN

works for me even with the GeForce Experience 2.1.2 enough to install directx Jun2010 Redist is not the fault of the GeForce Experience !!! people personally checked on every version !! :thumbsup:

To those who say that Boris needs to update:

To those who ask "Is it the ENB?":

To those who ask "Is it skyrim?"

To those who ask "is it _____?"

It's Nvidia's GeForce Experience. To fix:

UNINSTALL GEFORCE EXPERIENCE 2.1.2.

Go here --> http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/download

Download version 2.1.3. Install. Play.

Took me 10 minutes to fix the issue because i read the thread, in it's entirety, from start to finish. And i fixed the issue with minimal fussiness. Most of my frustrations came from people asking the same question over and over, while the answer had been given and confirmed several times. And again here. Do what i say in RED, do what i say in GREEN. have fun. I wouldn't recommend doing an upgrade, just uninstall and install the new version.

To those who say that Boris needs to update:

To those who ask "Is it the ENB?":

To those who ask "Is it skyrim?"

To those who ask "is it _____?"

It's Nvidia's GeForce Experience. To fix:

UNINSTALL GEFORCE EXPERIENCE 2.1.2.

Go here --> http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/download

Download version 2.1.3. Install. Play.

Took me 10 minutes to fix the issue because i read the thread, in it's entirety, from start to finish. And i fixed the issue with minimal fussiness. Most of my frustrations came from people asking the same question over and over, while the answer had been given and confirmed several times. And again here. Do what i say in RED, do what i say in GREEN. have fun. I wouldn't recommend doing an upgrade, just uninstall and install the new version.

NA, just do what is says in RED...