Can't load up Skyrim - Entry Point Not Found

Nuudules

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NVIDIA is the problem but not the driver, it's the new "Experience" program version. Go into your control panel/ programs and features, and uninstall "NVIDIA GeForce Experience". If you don't want it you can run your card fine without having it installed but it does offer game settings, based on your card and driver update notifications. Once you've uninstalled it, re-install the previous version, if you like the Experience program features. Here's a link to the previous version: Experience version 2.1.1.1

If you absolutely must have some feature from Experience - kill the new version and roll back to the older one. This is an Nvidia problem. Their update broke your game. You really need to take it up with them. Complaining here won't get them to fix it.

I have no problems to be honest. But I am using the Injector version anyways cause of NVidia Optimus.

The only thing I noticed is, that Skyrim needs a bit longer to load, nothing more. It ran several hours yesterday, without problem, and with the newest driver.

Another note: I did not update my drivers through GFExperience. I have installed it yes, the newest version, but I downloaded the drivers manually from the NVidia page and installed them then from my download folder with the .exe. I just made the experience that GFExperience seem not to know how to update the drivers.

Maybe that helps someone.

Edited by PaganWitcher

I uninstalled "Experience" and the game runs fine now but I notice the 'look' of the game has gone to crap. My ENB settings are all the same but the update has seriously changed how they appear on screen. Ive got a boatload of tweaking to do now. Anyone else notice this problem?

I haven't read this whole disscussion but here is what works for me: Start skyrim with SKSE-> Error-> klick "ok" until the game starts-> after the "Bethesda" intro it will minimize, then open up the task manager and try to maximize, most times that doesn't work but just do it. After a few seconds (main menu sundtrack is an indicator) you should get some more "The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex [...]" klick ok again, then you may have a short blackscreen and bam you're ingame, sometimes you have to klick once in the main menu to get the mouse working. And sometimes the game will chrash but chrashing isn't so new to skyrim.

So in very short just ignore the error

System specs:

Gigabyte UltarDurable 4 B75M-D3H

IntelCore i7 2600k @3.40 gHz

nVidia GeForce GTX 760 FTW (Driver 344.11, nVidia Experience 2.1.2.0)

1 TB SATA

Win 7 64 bit HomePremium

Skyrim (latest version)

SKSE 1.7.1

ENB 0.262

I haven't read this whole disscussion but

If you actually take the time to read - the answer is there - several times. :rolleyes:

It works - confirmed several times

Try it you will like it. :thumbsup:

I also can confirm that Geforce Experience is the problem. Thank all that is Holy that I found out about this before I tried reinstalling Skyrim and about 200 mods... As it is, only wasted about 2 hours trying to find the fault.