!!!aarhhh no new elder scrolls game at e3!!!

captainhalfajob

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're gonna see your email address have an "instant trash can" tag added for incoming mail considering the language and tone you used. If it were my company, I'd even ban your IP address altogether.

And as far as playing through the game first without mods, I'm one of those that started modding right away, but mainly for new items, IE swords and armor, and don't regret it one bit. In fact, mods are what brought me to the game series in the first place. If it weren't for the mods, I'd never had picked up this game at all.

I can even tell you the exact mod that even brought me to the game. It was Jojjo's Frostmourne. I had been searching through some KOTN mods when I came upon a post in the filefront forums about this particular mod for Oblivion. While I'm not a fan of WoW, I am a huge fan of the sword.

Anyways, to get to the point, mods are what drives this game series IMO. The amount of freedom thats in it to put your own stuff in the game is unreal compared to most games. It makes the game like a MMO, content wise, in a way since MMOs are always adding content in the game. Or at least a good one does.

...Except that the new content isn't controlled by the company, and instead by the users, and therefore mod creation is so open that the only real limits are the imagination and skill of the user, meaning that the original game can be completely changed into something absolutely different with just one mod. That kind of difference is what can make a game appealing to almost everyone who's willing to give it a chance.

One thing that should be guaranteed to us in TES V is that NPC and AI handling has been completely redone (again) to where you can have two (or three maybe, but let's not push it) dozen npcs and creatures in your view and see no lag on a medium-end machine - And therefore perhaps be able to pull off those full-scale battles that the next TES game so desperately needs to have.

I'd be willing to sacrifice some of those highly detailed faces if it meant I could have more than 4 people on the screen at a time.

Some of that could be handled by dynamic low-quality texture replacement and zoom during times like those. During scenes that required a dozen plus npcs the camera should be able to zoom way out and replace textures with low quality so performance is optimal. I dunno about actual 'in game' times when you'd be looking at alot of NPCs, but texture replacement could handle some of that too.

Actually, it may be something as easy as a better view-check script that won't render hi-poly meshes beyond ~75 degrees of direct sight (unless somehow you're a horse in the game), is blocked from view by a much larger mesh, and isn't casting a shadow or a source of light within the player's sight.

Of course, that would introduce popping, and some screen tear, but subtle motion blur effects can minimize it from being very apparent.

Well, they do have their own convention at ZeniMax. Makes more marketing sense to use that to garner attention than someone else's convention.

At least it is confirmed that they're working on it. Better than the dead silence others have given on their games (coughEpisode3).

Where is everyone getting this info? I check their blog daily...and they have never confirmed that TESV is in development.

I didn't have much hope for them to announce it anyways. It was all just rumor. E3 was rather disappointing regardless of an announcement or not.

Where is everyone getting this info? I check their blog daily...and they have never confirmed that TESV is in development.

I didn't have much hope for them to announce it anyways. It was all just rumor. E3 was rather disappointing regardless of an announcement or not.

I wonder too...But Bethesda said in an interview that they *expect* TES V in 2010 back in 2008. Rumors are funny, but I don't like making them. :biggrin: