Supernatural/Extra-Terrestrial

SupermassiveBlackHole

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in Supernatural/Extra-Terrestrial beings?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Plausable.
    • I will believe it, when I see it.
    • I don't know.

Hello,

This topic is just to find out your views on Supernatural/Extra-Terrestrial beings.

Please complete the poll and post your reason why you chose that option.

If you would like to, please post in this format:

What choice did you select in the poll?

I will believe it, when I see it.

Why did you choose this choice?

There isn't conclusive evidence for and against for me to make a final decision, therefore I will believe it when I see it.

How would you react if you did infact meet Supernatural/Extra-Terrestrial beings?

I'd be scared, but at the same time fasinated. I'd like to learn more about this being, most importantly make money out of it! :biggrin:

You can add more options to this form, the more the better!

So please, start posting.

I took part in my own poll, just to get the ball rolling :biggrin:

Yes.

I believe if there are humans, animals and plants (living organisms) then there may be Supernatural/Extra-Terrestrial beings.

How would you react if you did infact meet Supernatural/Extra-Terrestrial beings?

It depends on how I met the being; If it popped out of nowhere, then i'd be scared.

Yes.

It's an infinite universe, so it's guaranteed that there's other life out there. Just takes them a while to get here.

Stun them, gag 'em, and sell them.

Supernatural and extraterrestrial are two completely different things. Dumping them into the same category implies they share some similarity, which they don't. Kind of like asking if you like apples and automobiles with no way to differentiate between which you like.

Re: Extraterrestrials - check out the Fermi paradox (google it) - if you don't know, Enrico Fermi was a very well known Physicist and Nobel Prize winner who built the first working nuclear reactor. He asked Where are the Extraterrestrials - then used his impressive math background to analyze the probability of there being Extraterrestrials. The result of his analysis is in the paradox. The math is actually very easy to understand and is explained in layman's terms.Here it is without the math.

The apparent size and age of the universe suggest that many technologically advanced extraterrestrial civilizations ought to exist.

However, this hypothesis seems inconsistent with the lack of observational evidence to support it.

Note that this observation was made in 1950. The estimated size of the universe has been vastly increased since then, making the paradox even more of a paradox.

I'd say there's other life out there, but there's not much of it. Thus, a very low life-per-capita value. The closest life to Earth could be an undecillion light-years away from us.

I have never seen an extra-terrestrial/alien and I don't think that I would be in the future. We don't have enough evidence for complex life to exist in other worlds, nor there is conclusive evidence for micro-life to exist. So my position in this is I don't know therefore I can't really answer it with certain.

Supernatural? Yes.

Extra-Terrestrial? No.

How could an Extra-Terrestrial find us in earth in this HUGE universe? That means I believe that all of the UFO sightings are false. And that means no proof.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18547_6-reasons-space-travel-will-always-suck.html

Supernatural? Yes.

Extra-Terrestrial? No.

How could an Extra-Terrestrial find us in earth in this HUGE universe? That means I believe that all of the UFO sightings are false. And that means no proof.

More importantly in my opinion, If another civilization could locate us in the cosmos, why in heavens name would they come all that way to talk to us?