Vault 21 Duster

Dubik123

I understand that you are busy, and I am OK with that, however my schedule is empty besides school, plus it´s already October and the weather isn´t exactly the best, so hanging out with friends is out of the question. So when I am bored, the first thing that comes to my mind is to play my favourite game, which is Fallout New Vegas.

I'm not too sure why you have decided you can't play FONV without the duster, but it's obviously a artificial restriction you'v place upon yourself. Why not simply play as normal until the duster is done?

Plus, this thread is getting left in the dust if no one is replying to it, and we are the only people that do.

This thread is fine for requesting updates, posting ideas etc. I have marked the thread as watched so I receive notifications just as I would for a PM. I have a couple (2) of message slots left open in my mailbox, and I need to keep them open for correspondence. Since I'v mentioned posting in the thread instead of PMs at least three times and it's in my signature, I'll simply block your PMs if it continues....not out of anger or frustration, simply as a solution to a problem.

So IDK what to do, I don´t want to sound like I want you to hurry (Ah, my beautiful English grammar...), neither do I want to sound like a PC addict, but I am getting bored whitout Fallout. I hope you will understand.

I'm still not clear why you would take a hiatus from fallout until the duster is done, but as I'v mentioned before I can't give an estimate of when I'll start modding again. I might have an extra hour or two pop up tomorrow or it may be a few weeks before I get back into teh scene.

Meanwhile, I have been thinking about the stats and effects of the duster, they may sound a little extreme, but here´s what I would like:

DT 20

+2 Endurance

+1 Charisma

+5 Guns and Energy Weapons, just like the Vault 21 Jumpsuit

+50 Carry Weight

+50 Rad Resistance

Once again, a little extreme for a piece of clothing like this, but I wanted to combine the stats and effects of the Courier Dusters and the Vault 21 Jumpsuit. Please reply, and let me know what you think about them. Have a nice day :-)

For me I'd probably go with a an equivalent set of abilities to the original courier's dusters (+1 to an attribute, a single special ability, and a DT of 13) with the addition of the +5 to energy weapons and guns, but not the additional 8 DT of the armored 21 jumpsuite. A DT of 20 is the equivalent of ranger vet armor, and 3 points into attributes along with two special abilities as you describe above verges on a god item. However I can make two versions, one of which would be the exact stats your askingOK

OK, I wish you the best of luck (Luck 10) with the mod. I hope you will have the time tommorow. About the restriction, IDK why I put this on myself, but I want the duster placed in the box at the end of LR. I am already at Ulysses Temple, ready to confront Ulysses, so if I would play some NV, I could miss the locker. And as for the stats, now that I think about it, yes it seems pretty overpowered. So here is the new version for the stats.

DT 13, just like you said

+1 Endurance, since mine is always pretty low

+50 Rad Resistance, because I hate radiation, so it´s more important than the Carry Weight (I have Strenght 8, thank you Old World Blues)

So, I hope it´s better right now. Tommorow would be the most appropriate time, since it´s Friday and I have a LOT of free time. So once again, good luck. Please reply, to let me know if you at least saw this.

Edited by Dubik123

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I wish you the best of luck (Luck 10) with the mod. I hope you will have the time tommorow.

That is an example, but I have no idea when I'll have the time to start modding again.

About the restriction, IDK why I put this on myself, but I want the duster placed in the box at the end of LR. I am already at Ulysses Temple, ready to confront Ulysses, so if I would play some NV, I could miss the locker.

Go ahead and continue to play, you won't miss or loose the new duster. I make my mods so that they give you a choice (via a message box) to find the item/equipment or automatically add it to your inventory. As per this pic demonstrates from another mod (port) I recently did;

http://static-2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/130/images/56399-3-1405493772.jpg

And as for the stats, now that I think about it, yes it seems pretty overpowered. So here is the new version for the stats.

DT 13, just like you said

+1 Endurance, since mine is always pretty low

+50 Rad Resistance, because I hate radiation, so it´s more important than the Carry Weight (I have Strenght 8, thank you Old World Blues)

Sounds like a good choice.

So, I hope it´s better right now. Tommorow would be the most appropriate time, since it´s Friday and I have a LOT of free time. So once again, good luck. Please reply, to let me know if you at least saw this.

I get the same notifications whether it's from a PM or a watched thread, so you don't have to worry about me seeing a reply.

Fine by me. Just let me know when you will have the time. And the message box is a great idea. What about the weekends? Is your schedule full in the weekends as well?

Fine by me. Just let me know when you will have the time. And the message box is a great idea. What about the weekends? Is your schedule full in the weekends as well?

Yeah, my schedule is whacked. When I said I couldn't give you an ETA (or even a promise that I would do it) I literally meant I have no idea when (or if) I can do it.

Edited by devinpatterson

Yeah, my schedule is whacked. When I said I couldn't give you an ETA (or even a promise that I would do it) I literally meant I have no idea when (or if) I can do it.

Oh, sorry to hear that. So if you wont have the time for the mod, I just want to ask, is modelling difficult? :-P

Oh, sorry to hear that. So if you wont have the time for the mod, I just want to ask, is modelling difficult? :-P

I hope to have time for the mod, I just can't guarantee that I will. This model is simpler than most, as it's just a mashup, with minor editing. But is complicated by the fact that the jumpsuit uses vertex coloring and is therefore translucent in blender. For me modeling is somewhat challenging. Some people find blender or 3ds max very enigmatic, for others it comes much more naturally.

Umm...OK. Well, I don't event know what is "vertex colouring" LOL. And once again I am crossing my fingers so hard for you, my hands are almost bleeding.

@Dubik123 if you want to learn to mod (which would help fill up some of that free time) there is plenty of good tutorials on the web:
*Start with GECK and FNVedit tutorials to try and get the hang of basic modding (with even basic knowledge of GECK and FNVedit you can change item stats or even add new items).

*If you get the hang of that here is the nifSkope and Basic Blender tutorial I learnt from which nearly covers everything you should need (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45444/?)

Sorry for the double post but I had a go at making the mesh since I had a free hour(2 different attempts):

Version with the default bone weighting:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4v9t6a8qu4no49/V21Duster.nif?dl=0

I also had a go trying to improve the bone weights on the Duster since they are a complete mess (though I probably have made them worse)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kw5uriwf95av2bj/V21DusterALTBoneWeight.nif?dl=0

hope this saves some time.

Also devin if you are ever working with the working with the armored jumpsuit change the torso and arm textures to textures\armor\vaultsuit\outfit101m.dds and it should show up as a normal texture as opposed to a vector ones (they also have the same UV map so do not look weird)

Edited by flamenx01

Well, I tried GECK... Couldn't open up a damn conversation in it. And I also had Blender on my PC at some point, but I propably deleted it. It was too hard for my clumsy hands. But as far as I understand, if you already made the duster, that's amazing. Edited by Dubik123