Anything like Oblivion?

BlackerrR

You might want to check out DIVINITY 2 EGO DRACONIS. Its a stunning buetiful game with a vast world to explore which plays alot like the Elder Scrolls. There is also a sequel in the works. Here is a link to some gameplay footage:

Thanks, the game looks pretty fine. Kudo for you. :thumbsup:

You might want to check out DIVINITY 2 EGO DRACONIS. Its a stunning buetiful game with a vast world to explore which plays alot like the Elder Scrolls. There is also a sequel in the works. Here is a link to some gameplay footage:

A word of caution before you buy it.

Go to the games website and check the forum and read the complaints about all the bugs, they're true.

Bought it last Saturday and by Monday I was back in the shop getting a refund, the guy behind the counter said they'd never had so many complaints about a game as they had for Divinity II, he'd tried it himself and uninstalled it after an hour, I got my refund no problem.

A word of caution before you buy it.

Go to the games website and check the forum and read the complaints about all the bugs, they're true.

Bought it last Saturday and by Monday I was back in the shop getting a refund, the guy behind the counter said they'd never had so many complaints about a game as they had for Divinity II, he'd tried it himself and uninstalled it after an hour, I got my refund no problem.

I've been playing with the 1.03 patch since i brought it around febuary of this year so maybe thats why i havent seen any problems. Even the so called unbalanced easy then suddenly too tough enemies were just a matter of approaching them in a certain way while being very cautious which is the way most combat is. I've also been playing rpgs since the late 1980s such as DEATH KNIGHTS OF KRYNN, DUNGEON MASTER, DAGGERFALL so maybe to me this current stuff is still tough yet easier.

I also never visited the Larian Forums so that may have also kept my mind "clean" by not reading and then looking for the problems which alot of times ruins the fun to some degree.

Hmm, I'm glad you'r enjoying it and are not having any problems with it.

Maybe the 103 patch sorted a lot of stuff out, but there again, it was 406 meg big before unpacking so it bally well should have.

I found the camera a complete pain in the neck, character customisation was a joke, black screen after character gen happened everytime, game refused to play at a higher resolution than desktop and defaulted to default (very low quality) settings everytime I ran the game.

When I took it back to the shop the guy who sold me it and gave me my refund said he'd had the exact same issues with it. I nearly said "Well why didnt you say that before I bought it", but I was getting my refund so I kept my trap shut and bought Stalker Call of Pripyat to cheer myself up :biggrin:

Well... borderlands. Yes, it isn't much like oblivion, but you will probably enjoy it.

Insanely fun with tons of replay value, although not as much as Fallout 3 or Oblivion.

There are two things that drive you to play, Co-Op and Loot.

The Co-Op mainly involves MMO style teamwork on taking down bosses, although going through side-quests is just- if not more- fun.

Second is the loot, there's literally A MILLION guns in the game. 'nuff said.

While there's no mod support, there's a community weapon tool that allows you to customize your own guns.

One of my recommendations is Never Winter Nights. I am an absolute fan of the series and it is a truly amazing game. I have noticed a phew things in Oblivion that were also in Never Winter Nights. But it is not a 1st person game (sadly) but none the less, it is still amazing and I love it. But if that does not interest you, then my next choice would have to be Fallout 3. There are many aspects about it that are similar to Oblivion. But those would be my choices. I hope this helps out some.

Having just completed it I'll recommend "The Witcher Platinum Edition"

Its not completely open world but you can forgive it that, the storyline is compelling and god, this game makes you think. Vanilla graphics are good but I've just installed the "Texturen Mod" and "High Rez Characters" and started another playthru, it looks fantastic.

Theres a decent modding community and you get 5 fan made mods with the Platinum Edition.

The combat system isn't just hack and slash and you need to time your hits to chain your attacks together but you get used to it.

Well worth a go in my book.

lets face it there is no game in this genre that can give you the same feeling that oblivion gives you

maybe because of the huge mod scene

its just from my point of view, but all the games named here are like poo compared to oblivion

and i dont see a game in near future that gives you the same awesomness as this game (no tes v i cant belive it)

just look at this

Having just completed it I'll recommend "The Witcher Platinum Edition"

Its not completely open world but you can forgive it that, the storyline is compelling and god, this game makes you think. Vanilla graphics are good but I've just installed the "Texturen Mod" and "High Rez Characters" and started another playthru, it looks fantastic.

Theres a decent modding community and you get 5 fan made mods with the Platinum Edition.

The combat system isn't just hack and slash and you need to time your hits to chain your attacks together but you get used to it.

Well worth a go in my book.

I have played the Witcher and it has a very good story line and great gameply and amazing graphics...the only thing (to me a major drawback) that annoys me is the loading....you can seriously cook a full course meal while its loading from one map to another but if you think thats good then its worth it.. but not a terrible game