Who do you consider the greatest Skyrim modder? Have you heard of Trainwiz?

Qwesar

Also take into account modders that are not available on the nexus anymore, or modders who just don't release content because they are afraid of the nonsense that comes with it. Some of the best animation modders are not available on the nexus, due to their interest. Not to mention the fact that many project die, and most that do were probably bigger than the ones available. Many people who frequent these forums know that as a fact.

So I think the question should be: What modder has the arguably best content available on the nexus. And even then, mileage will vary. For example, I think that Falskaar is overrated. I'm probably one of the very few. Do I doubt the amount of work that has been put into it? Of course not.

Is the quality great? It sure as hell is. But I do not praise it like many other users because it seems quite boring to me. But kudos to Alexander to making a mod start his professional career.

Most users don't even care who mods their mods, they just want the content; unlike many of the people who posted on this thread, many other users simply jump on the bandwagon, or don't make an informed opinion at all. Especially since many of these types of threads are created by newer users who simply want the best content. It seems sometimes that they cannot form their own damned opinion.

So tl;dr: Find out what content you like, which will help you find what modder you like. "The greatest" is a subjective matter and actually doesn't even exist because of human nature. The business world is one of the few places where "greatest" = fact. Or if you are a robot.

Not here though.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah trainwiz is a troll really. There are some pretty vicious mod authors gathering in tumblr...

I respect so many fellow modder's it's hard to choose, but in terms of creativity and incredible works, Enai Siaion, DarkFox127 and Arthmoor are the ones I fangirl over. They are not sitting on some high horse, but are active members of the community, and have nicely balanced the "Being not rude but not taking any crap either".

Other great mod makers include missjennabee (ETaC), Brumbek (SMIM) and expired (RaceMenu)... vurt.. isoku.. chesko.. T3nd0.. long list, there are so many great creators for this game.

I dunno if I can really admit I fangirl over someone in particular, as I personally sort of prefer to make my own mods whenever I can. But some people, like the great Elianora above me who gives me loads of inspiration, and the awesome Tamira, who has helped my silly self with models way too many times, definitively take the cake. In all honestly however, I fangirl more over people who make modder's resources - Oaristys, Berticus, Blary, BrettM, InsanitySorrow, the TESA resource pack fellows... It takes some great generosity to work so hard on new models and textures for others to use freely in their own mods :smile:

Edited by Jokerine

AJV and Jonx0r are the best from a technical point of view. Creating a new land with new quests is an incredible technical achievement no matter what. Much more impressive than creating a player house, no matter how slick.

Kris Takahashi is the best character and quest writer, who made Skyrim the game it should have been.

Not to name, but some of those who I consider friends make some of the best mods out there, I think. I use pretty much all of them. They helped me out too with the CK. So I owe it to them how I got more into modding for Skyrim. :smile: Countercruel, is one whose work I have admired since I activated Skyrim on Steam and took my first trip to the Workshop, looking just for something to use. Something to add to my game to spice it up. You could say at a time, my load order was probably filled with their work only heh, then the work of my friends. There are also so many other wonderful modders and I think they all deserve the support they get.

Edit: I never met Trainwiz, but two of my friends adore his mods.

Edited by BrownPastel

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had issues with Trainwiz's public trolling of mods. Who does he think he is? Because he doesn't like my mod he seems to think no one else should and tries to get his band of followers together to hate on it on blogs, forums, youtube also using the alias Pastaspace or whatever. Still I'm glad that my mod has gone on to do so well just because he seems pretty p*ssed off about not having that level of control over people. He really does think he's something special but there are mods just as good as his and with modders much more humble and modest about their work. He deserves no special treatment and should be banned for his trolling like anyone else.

Anyway I can't think off the top of my head but any of the modders who create huge quest mods that have had months of work put in and do it just for the fun of it and not for the recognition get my vote.

Edit: Haha I just saw this on one of his mod pages. Such modesty.

if I forgot to credit you, bug reports, want to rage at me because I'm way better than you, then feel free to contact me
Edited by djjohnjarvis

I realize the main theme here is talk about "Trainwiz", which I haven't met so I won't comment on that.

I think it's pretty hard to comment on "who I consider to be the greatest skyrim modder" .... that's like asking what's my favorite food or what's my favorite band.... I don't have A favorite modder, or A favorite food.

There are several Modders I deeply admire. From the top of my head comes Chesko, Gulogulo, isoku, Orgerboss and Hothtrooper. I say that because anyone can tell from light years away these people put a ton of work into their mods.... and if these 5 people weren't providing their mods to the community I would have stopped playing Skyrim long ago.

But I can't say "Chesko is better than Hothtrooper" they are in completely different fields... it's impossible to compare.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had issues with Trainwiz's public trolling of mods. Who does he think he is? Because he doesn't like my mod he seems to think no one else should and tries to get his band of followers together to hate on it on blogs, forums, youtube also using the alias Pastaspace or whatever. Still I'm glad that my mod has gone on to do so well just because he seems pretty p*ssed off about not having that level of control over people. He really does think he's something special but there are mods just as good as his and with modders much more humble and modest about their work. He deserves no special treatment and should be banned for his trolling like anyone else.

Anyway I can't think off the top of my head but any of the modders who create huge quest mods that have had months of work put in and do it just for the fun of it and not for the recognition get my vote.

Edit: Haha I just saw this on one of his mod pages. Such modesty.

if I forgot to credit you, bug reports, want to rage at me because I'm way better than you, then feel free to contact me

Glad my mods never had enough popularity for him to attack them while he was still here. Sounds like he probably deserved the ban.

The authors of interesting npcs. Whoever they are. It is really an excellent framework of quests.

And script wizard EnaiSiaon. She's/He's overhauled a few different game systems and added flavor to them and also done his/her best to balance them. He/She shows some real dedication and isn't paid in anything but feature requests, claims of bugs and sometimes endorsements.

@DemongelRex Falskaar got popular because:

a) it was BIG

b) it had this "cool" story about the author.

Those two thing made the mod very popular. And not just in modding community. Basically every gamer heard about it. Many people who think Falskaar is the best Skyrim mod are the people for whom Falskaar was the only mod they ever played. Or they didn't even play it and just heard/read about it.

Ofc, I'm not hating on the mod or Alexander. It sure took a LOT of work to be done and some things are very, very impressive. And thanks to its popularity other gamers realized that mods are not just about bikini armors and anime followers.

At the other hand there are many things I didn't like about it and at the end of the day, the only really positive thing I can say about it is "it's BIG".

But let's go back to main topic. I don't know this Trainwiz guy and never actually seen him "hate" on others, but from your description he really looks like an assho... not very nice person.

And I don't think there is a point in looking for "the best modder" since many mods are collaborative work. On the other hand, there are "personalities" worth mentioning. People who make Modders Resources. People who help with mesh/texture/script or any other problem. People who make tutorials. People who help the community and try to expand it. People like Gopher, Tamira, Insanity, Arthmoor, Mattiaswagg and many others. They are all the best!

Edited by KorinOo