Who do you consider the greatest Skyrim modder? Have you heard of Trainwiz?

Qwesar

Oh, thought you mean someone worthwhile, or well known.

Or skilled. Or clever. Or possessing any actual talents.

Ya he clearly sounds like someone invested in helping people and making people better etc roflmao

This was at the start a really stupid post from the OP as well as a title that was bound to get even more inane, anyone want to lock it :P

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In answer to Qwesar's original question, no I hadn't heard of Trainwiz before this thread.

But then I don't use a lot of mods & I haven't heard of a lot of the other names mentioned in this thread either.

Of those who's mods I have used Chesko probably stands out most.

For most helpful & all round niceness Tamira wins hands down.

If I was to start playing Skyrim again, I might look into some of Trainwiz's mods.

Ya he clearly sounds like someone invested in helping people and making people better etc roflmao

This was at the start a really stupid post from the OP as well as a title that was bound to get even more inane, anyone want to lock it :tongue:

Please do not edit my posts to make implications, I was simply giving a point of view from someone that knows him. Yes he has a big ego, but as Flint said: If you get to know him, he's actually not a bad guy.

I will add this: by rules of Nexus it does make sense that he is banned. Reason: Don't act like this is the chatroom for 4chan / Something Awful forums / some other chat room or forum you visit that lets you get away with anything.

@Shezrie

That's true, I don't think it's right to do that, but that is how Trainwiz is and that is why he is not part of Nexus community.

This was at the start a really stupid post from the OP as well as a title that was bound to get even more inane, anyone want to lock it :tongue:

Please do not edit my posts to make implications, I was simply giving a point of view from someone that knows him. Yes he has a big ego, but as Flint said: If you get to know him, he's actually not a bad guy.

I will add this: by rules of Nexus it does make sense that he is banned. Reason: Don't act like this is the chatroom for 4chan / Something Awful forums / some other chat room or forum you visit that lets you get away with anything.

@Shezrie

That's true, I don't think it's right to do that, but that is how Trainwiz is and that is why he is not part of Nexus community.

I think he didn't mean to quote you in that on purpose. It was referencing a post Trainwiz made regarding him, and he probably quoted you deleted the quote and then forgot to remove you from the quote name.

@Shezrie

I think he didn't mean to quote you in that on purpose. It was referencing a post Trainwiz made regarding him, and he probably quoted you deleted the quote and then forgot to remove you from the quote name.

I see, my apology and thank you for the reply.

He wouldn't make fun of your mod if it's good and popular in his opinion, but only if it's popular with what he considers unwarranted popularity; of course with the board he and I frequent: such behaviour doesn't matter because everyone talks like Trainwiz and it's just accepted as regular banter, no one gets their feelings hurt there because it's just part of the norm. I understand that Nexus has different userbase and mentality and as such when he talks normally... people simply take it as him just hating others obnoxiously as opposed to joking around or being blunt. That said, yeah he can be a bit of a jerk sometimes... but he's also been very helpful and gone out of his way many times to help many up and coming modders who exist outside of Nexus... so I think that he's like that harsh father or teacher that acts cold, but is actually very kind once you get past his layer of onions.

As far as his "legion of followers", it's just some friends of his from the chat he frequents thinking to have fun by messing with people simply because they are easy to get a response out of. I don't really like or support it, but I doubt they'll stop simply because they like to get a response out of others as opposed to doing this simply because Trainwiz. They've had plenty of fun without Trainwiz with certain other modders some years back on both this and other nexuses.

I don't expect to change anyone's opinion of him with this post, but just wanted to share my side of the view. If you have any questions, I don't mind responding right now and after my afternoon computer classes. Thank you for reading.

When Novajam attempted the highly scripted Dwemertech on an install that can't run ten lines of script in 2 seconds, predictably had issues and his community called me autistic and incompetent, Trainwiz found this "hilarious" and also my fault.

However I'm pretty sure you are Trainwiz or one of his friends astroturfing for him.

Yeah, I was gonna edit my post to say that I figure it's OK since it's what the first post said. I just wanted to hear about more awesome Skyrim modders, rather than one that people don't seem to like. I think I should have my morning coffee before posting around :laugh: