How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Not exactly sure what a archiveinvalidation thingie is. I understand that you have to create a text file, but am confused as to what I need to name it, what to put in it, and where to put it.

Read-mes don't really help too much.

(Trying to install the Corwyns Fantasy Figures Alpha mod)

If anyone could help, it'd be greatly appreciated!

-J

• 2 weeks later...
I've tried downloading ren's beauty pack and other races (I DO have the custom race fix) but when i try to create the new races they just appear invisible. The mods come with the texture and meshes folder but I don't quite understand what you're meant to do with them. Could someone please explain in clear, detailed steps? by the way i have very little knowledge of computers and the such so the help is greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
Maybe this is just me, but when I go to unzip a mod, this password protect screen pops up, as if I would need to enter a password to be able to unzip it. Any ideas?

Does this happen with ALL .zip files, or just this one mod?

If the latter:

--Check the mod description and readme

--If no password is mentioned, try leaving it blank

I'm really having trouble with getting mods to work. It seems like I'm doing everything right but when I download the files none of them are in zipped folders. The one I tried to download was one of those Z2 (whatever it is called) files. I downloaded the Z-whatever program. Anyway, I saved the mod into the program files/ Bethesda/ Oblivion/ data folder. could anybody give me a really simple walkthough. By the way the mod I'm having trouble with is Adonnays Elven Sabres. Any help is really apreciated.

And none of the files that ive downloaded were esp and only one of them were zipped. They don't show up in the data files thing on the launcher either.