How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im having trouble with 7z files- Female Real Texture with CORWYN FANTASY FIGURE is the one im trying to get to work. I dont have problems with zips, I get 2 folders with the Female Real Texture with CORWYN FANTASY FIGURE-meshes and textures and a bunch of other folders, so i know its extracted. What could be wrong? Also, is there a zip file for this mod cause im having no luck with the 7z file of it. Ive been working to get this mod to work for over a week a lot of hours a day. I just dont know what to do anymore!

• 4 weeks later...

i'm thinking this is the best place for my question but i could be wrong

on the natural environment / water fix mod's it probably needs a better GPU right?

well i have a nvidia geforce 6600... it does okay on medium but i do get a little lag here and there

i only have 768 mb ram.. i'm planning on replacing my stick of 256 for a gig if anyone can tell me for certain it will help out a good deal

I've never quite understood how to do it all.

1. I have unaccessible .rar files.

2. I have files called _n.dds and .dds, .nif, .bsa, .esm.

3. The files never appear in data files in the Ob launcher, even if I have put them into Data, which I have about 4 of.

4. Basically, I'm confused.

5. I have a ton of mods (literally)

6. My folders are totally confusing.

7. I'm about to beat the crap out of my computer.

does anyone know why when i install darnified BTMod it messes up my item display?

i.e. it pushes all item names up one so that the bottom one is blank and none of them match

edit:

nevermind.. well sort of nevermind. i just deactivated then reactivated it and it worked. however it changed a few things, ie moved status bar, sword,spell, level up icons to the left, gave my compass its border back and made my font a little too small to read.

• 3 weeks later...
Tratan's post removed (and Pov's as it made no sense without it). Please read the thread before posting and don't spam it up with questions that have already been answered. Thank you. ;)

OK, after two posts being locked without letting any air to blow through the dam thing ive done what is asked by Stampede.

I have followed the above list down the the very last letter.

The only thing I noticed is the Data Files bit on the launcher is greyed out and I cannot click it.

I have a feeling my DVD image will be the cause of this?

I cannot check if the mod is selected in there due to this so I will try uninstalling Oblivion and redo the mods with the DVD in the drive.

PS the guide is abit crap to be honest, it lacks details, therfore I shall rewrite a new one which will cater for those who just wish to get things running and not have to dive deep into google land to get a 2 second answer.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...