The Currently Reading Thread .........

karkarinus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Last book I remember reading that wasn't a manga was the last book of the Dark Tower series by King. I liked the whole series, it was mysterious and had a decent amount of action with story line, though I didn't like no. 5 too well. But either way, it was a good series for a kind of apocalyptic book.

• 3 weeks later...

Any Joe Abercrombie fans out there that live in the U.K.?

I need a favor on purchasing something not available in the States (nothing shady so don't worry). If anybody is willing to help please PM me.

Thanks!

Edited by trakes

Murakama's 1Q84, just started it so I have no idea what to make of it. Meanwhile reading A Clash of Kings when in an RPG mood, hoping to finish Storm of Swords before watching any more Game of Thrones installments....Why is it I can't be monogamous when it comes to reading? :P

cheers

Ulysses by James Joyce; amazingly well written but takes strong focus to read. A class of Irish literature in particular and literature in general. I recommend it but not for light reading.

I'm currently reading an anthology of Dashiell Hammett's crime stories, with Whittaker Chambers' Witness on my ninth or tenth time reading it when I'm not in a detective/film noir sort of mood. Hoping to get to another anthology of Hammett, this one containing his full-length novels, and Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man after that for inspiration on a novel I'm writing.

• 5 weeks later...

Series: "Wheel of Time"

Book: #11 "Knife of Dreams"

Author: "Robert Jordan"

If you like Fantasy books (non-fiction, epic fantasy, magic [with twists], deep plotlines, fantastical creatures) I highly recommend this wonderful book series to you

book 1: "Eye of The World"