• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am reading 'Mechanicus', a book set in the Warhammer 40K universe but before the dark age of space and the first death of the emperor at the hands of Horus, so I guess Warhammer 31K? I've always fancied the tech priests in WH 40K and that's why I got the book in the first place, and it really offers an insight to what a mighty power they were and just how much understanding of technology has been lost. So far it has been great, epic places and machines but not really much of a plot going on about 1/5 into the book.

You should go get Priests Of Mars, it's pure heaven for a Tech Priest fan. It's their own feature-length 320 page (Hard-Cover) by Graham McNeill. It's a great book, typical good McNeill.

I just finished re-reading the original Gaunt's Ghosts omnibus, now moving onto Blood Angels Omnibus(Volume 2)(by James Swallow. I love WarHammer 40K; any universe deep enough to not only have more than one Omnibus, but over ten omnibuses some of which come in multiple volumes, is just great. Especially when they're actually worth reading.

Some other good WarHammer stuff I can recommend would be the Eisenhorn(original) and Ravenor(sequel) arcs by Dan Abnett. I won't give any spoilers, but basically they're linked epics that cover several hundred years and follow a pair of Inquisitors. Character development, writing and character design are all near-perfect(and I should know I'm a writer in my infrequent spare time); they really have an epic quality to them, and characters really do change to reflect the conditions. I'd like to say more, but honestly, just read 'em, they're damn good.

Edited by Vindekarr

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Wolf of the Plains by Conn Iggulden. So far I'm very impressed with it, aside from a distasteful situation in the later chapters that had me writhing in fury.

EDIT: Now finishing off the First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie.

EDIT 2: Finished that and also Red Country by the same author.

EDIT 3: Reading The Stolen Throne by David Gaider.

EDIT 4: Now The Calling, which is set after The Stolen Throne. I like Dragon Age.

EDIT 5: And now I have read Asunder as well. That's it for the Dragon Age books for now.

Also, is nobody reading any more? I feel like I'm the only one.

Edited by billyro

• 3 months later...